tinablink

boat trips or something special for 50th birthday
Hi we are coming to Turkey 20th July and staying near Gokcebel and its my hubbies 50th birthday on Friday 24th July. We are wanting to do something really special on the day does anyone have any suggestions about fantastic boat trips or anything like that we can look at please?

thanks tina

miela

There are quite a few boat trips leaving from Bodrum and Turgutreis and I believe they are a great day out. Most of them will be quite cheap around 25 ytl and they may even provide lunch but drinks are usually not included and you can't bring your own with you on board. The crew often don't take money for the drinks during the trip which means you pay when you exit the boat.

Friends of ours who went on one from Gumbet last year said there were some young people on board who when they went to get off the boat, found they had racked up and enormous bill over the course of the day for not very many drinks.

Some will drop you off on an island for several hours with only one restaurant/bar on the island which can be quite expensive.

I believe you can also hire and have all to yourself, one of the wooden sale boat that are moored in the small harbour in front of the restaurants in Yalikavak, for the day and I think you can decide where you want to go. I think you can ask for an all inclusive price or ask if you can bring your own drinks with you.

Sue from Moguel or Brenda from Musties may be able to point you in the right direction if you pop in for a drink or bite to eat some evening. What ever you decide, have a lovely trip and I hope you hubbie has a very happy 50th in Yalikavak.

Please don't be put off by the things that I have heard, Im sure the people that I spoke to have just been unlucky but it is best to be aware.

Last edited:

debbie-ducks

debbie-ducks
hi miela yes you can hire boats from the small harbour in yalikavak, but not at speacial prices any more. not for a couple of years now. all the boats belong to a cooperativie so there have a set price for all boats, just a little in fro, debbie

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
it"s 50 tl per person for the co - operative boat trips - that includes lunch - afternoon tea coffee cakes and fruit. Drinks extra .
Normally go out about 10 30 and return about 5 30.
Good trip but getting expensive now
Pop in to see us and I can also ask the price for a private trip if you wish.

debbie-ducks

debbie-ducks
sue as i said there dont do private trips no more unless you pay for the whole boat which would be 50 tl for 12 people as i said its co op now not as in shop. private boats from bodrum or turguries debbie

dalyansteve

Boring he's 50, not dead!!! Kylie vid will do very nicely, especially the gold hot pants one. Or you could ask him what he wants to do and just do it. Hopefully he will not say," I don't know, what do you want to do?"

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
sue as i said there dont do private trips no more unless you pay for the whole boat which would be 50 tl for 12 people as i said its co op now not as in shop. private boats from bodrum or turguries debbie

It depends how much you're willing to pay and I think 50tl is a steal for 12 people!!! Anyone in this economic climate will do private trips.

miela

It actually sounds like a really good idea if you had a party planned 50 lira each for the trip and the food. I might give it a go next time im there, unfortunately I don't know 12 people in Yalikavak well enough to spend the day with them for a party but i would definately go with my husband.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE

I can arrange a private boat trip - no probs - but its best to have about 10 people to be cost affective

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi we are coming to Turkey 20th July and staying near Gokcebel and its my hubbies 50th birthday on Friday 24th July. We are wanting to do something really special on the day does anyone have any suggestions about fantastic boat trips or anything like that we can look at please?

thanks tina

I have pm'd you, but if you also go to the on line Bodrum Bulletin I've put a recommendation on there, fantastic private day out on this boat, whether it be 2 or 10 people, just go and ask and you will have a great day you will cherish, we did.......and still do.

tinablink

no he would never say that ha ha! and yes sure kyley be fine, its just something to do after that!

debbie-ducks

debbie-ducks
i meant 50tl per person like sue said / thats me trying to type with two fingers instead of one, am clever like that,so i missed a word. hope all goes well with the boat trip debbie :20:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom