Nickees

Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Hi Everyone,

my partner and I purchased a property in Torba last year. we stayed there for the whole of June where we were befriended by a 9-12 month old street dog. It broke my heart to leave her and now I am trying to get her to the UK. I have made a contact that can help me get her to Germany where she can be fostered for 6 months and get her pet passport then she can come to the UK. I have one problem I need to get her spayed vaccinated etc in Turkey and find somewhere for her to stay for approx 5 weeks. Does anyone know of a boarding kennels preferably european run that I could contact. I want to avoid her going into qurantine if at all possible. Also of a vet in the area that won't rip me off as my contact was.
I have read previous posta about a kennels in Turgetries but they are quite old.

Thanks in advance....please help me help this little girl if you can

Nickee
 
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
country ranch is the best there are standard kennels or VIP very posh with aircon or heating .
My dog is always excited when he goes there the staff realy do love dogs
 

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Hi Nickee, I wonder how the dog feels about the prospect of being spayed, vaccinated, being put in a crate and flown out of the country only to be locked up somewhere for months?
Who says that she wants help?
Do you intend doing this for every dog that befriends you out in Turkey?

Pete
 
Last edited:

Nickees

Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Thanks for your help (Not)

Thanks Den

Thanks for reading my post and your helpfull reply. For your information I am not locking this dog up for months on end. She will be flown from Turkey to Germany where she will be cared for in someones home, she will then get a pet passport and come to the UK.
If you can't be constructive don't bother replying
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
tykatem said:
Hi Nickee, I wonder how the dog feels about the prospect of being spayed, vaccinated, being put in a crate and flown out of the country only to be locked up somewhere for months?
Who says that she wants help?
Do you intend doing this for every dog that befriends you out in Turkey?

Pete


Yeah Nickee, I think its terribly cruel of you to have the dog spayed and hence unable to populate the area with hundreds of starving puppies that will live helpless lives and mostly die or starvation or in a road accident. And how dare you offer this poor little dog a loving home when it could be roaming the steets starved of affection and wondering whether or not it will eat that day!


Some people!!!!!
 

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Hi Nikkie - well done you ! and Lucky Dog !!
But dont let your heart rule your head everytime you come to Turkey !!
Most of the street are are very happy here in Yalikavak - well fed and fussed and i know that most of them would NOT adapt to living in a normal home
Hope it all works out for you and DOG - has he/ she a name by the way ??
 

pldouglas

Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
luckycat68 said:
Hi Nikkie - well done you ! and Lucky Dog !!
But dont let your heart rule your head everytime you come to Turkey !!
Most of the street are are very happy here in Yalikavak - well fed and fussed and i know that most of them would NOT adapt to living in a normal home
Hope it all works out for you and DOG - has he/ she a name by the way ??

Nikees, if there is one person who knows the street dogs its Luckycat68, so do take heed of her good advice. She and her husband collect money at thier restaurant in Yalikavak to help feed the dogs during the lean winter months and she is right that many of them are perfectly happy. I have 2 rescue dogs myself in GB and really do understand how painful it is when you see a dog that doesn't have a home as we eupopeans understand a home to be. However, thier life on the street is what they were born to and, in fact, many of them are actually owned, they are just free to roam unlike ours in GB - in fact only a few months ago my husband and I almost 'kidnapped' a dog in Turkey that we thought was lost, only to discover it belonged to a builder on a nearby site!! Its a long story, but the moral of it is that we have to accept the fact that animals have a different life there and pehaps we are not the ones to judge that.
I'm not saying don't 'rescue' this dog, but I would strongly suggest that you ensure it doesn't belong to anyone before you do anything. Contribute to local animal charities if you want to help, and if (like me) you still can't handle the situation, then think again about visiting the medeterean area all together - and whatever you do don't visit Morocco where the sights of animals there will haunt you forever!
Good luck to you and this lucky four-legged friend.
 

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
denise bannell said:
country ranch is the best there are standard kennels or VIP very posh with aircon or heating .
My dog is always excited when he goes there the staff realy do love dogs

Country Ranch is very good. It is a foreign couple that started it and they also train dogs and have horse stables as well as horse ride training. They also have a doggy beauty show every year, my little Jessica has come second place every year the last three years, always the bridesmaid, never the bride... :95im:

Bob
 

Nickees

Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
luckycat68 said:
Hi Nikkie - well done you ! and Lucky Dog !!
But dont let your heart rule your head everytime you come to Turkey !!
Most of the street are are very happy here in Yalikavak - well fed and fussed and i know that most of them would NOT adapt to living in a normal home
Hope it all works out for you and DOG - has he/ she a name by the way ??
Many thanks for the advise. At this point in time we are taking everything or board and looking at all the options, with either getting her here or simply, spaying her and putting her back where she is. She one of a gang of 4 lovely dogs, two of which and clearly intact males. I know from experience that the Turkish streen dogs are a lot better looked after that the Greek ones and some have quite lovely lives, but this little girl has certainly plucked my heart strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBogs
Country Ranch is very good. It is a foreign couple that started it and they also train dogs and have horse stables as well as horse ride training. They also have a doggy beauty show every year, my little Jessica has come second place every year the last three years, always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

Bob


Well done to Jessica, same as me then always the bridesmaid never the bride, but still happy :O)

Re: Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Yeah Nickee, I think its terribly cruel of you to have the dog spayed and hence unable to populate the area with hundreds of starving puppies that will live helpless lives and mostly die or starvation or in a road accident. And how dare you offer this poor little dog a loving home when it could be roaming the steets starved of affection and wondering whether or not it will eat that day!


Some people!!!!!


Thanks for the support Ang, nice to know there are some like minded people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Yeah Nickee, I think its terribly cruel of you to have the dog spayed and hence unable to populate the area with hundreds of starving puppies that will live helpless lives and mostly die or starvation or in a road accident. And how dare you offer this poor little dog a loving home when it could be roaming the steets starved of affection and wondering whether or not it will eat that day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

willip

willip
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Ang said:
Yeah Nickee, I think its terribly cruel of you to have the dog spayed and hence unable to populate the area with hundreds of starving puppies that will live helpless lives and mostly die or starvation or in a road accident. And how dare you offer this poor little dog a loving home when it could be roaming the steets starved of affection and wondering whether or not it will eat that day!


Some people!!!!!


good post Ang, well done Nickee for taking the time, effort and money to bring a better life to at least one of the many street dogs in Turkey, i take my hat off to you Pat :438qr:
 

Sylvia

Member
Boarding Kennels - Bodrum Area
Nickless well done, we have a street dog found her 15months ago sitting outside a bar she is such a good girl has grown into a really big dog we love her we got her spayed last yr
All the best. x
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom