Board Resignation- Legalities
With a 3 person Board of Management, can anyone explain what the legal position is when the Chairperson resigns from the Board. Can the Board continue to function with the remaining 2 members until the next AGM or does the resignation make it a mandatory legal requirement to call an EGM?

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
This happened with us a few years ago. We managed till next AGM. Might be a problem if there were any objections to those remaining on the Board.

This happened with us a few years ago. We managed till next AGM. Might be a problem if there were any objections to those remaining on the Board.

The remaining 2 are happy to stay on until the next AGM- and there are no objections to this so far. Just want to know the legality of doing this or is there a legal requirement to have an EGM to ensure the Board consists of 3 as originally established?

The remaining 2 are happy to stay on until the next AGM- and there are no objections to this so far. Just want to know the legality of doing this or is there a legal requirement to have an EGM to ensure the Board consists of 3 as originally established?

akbukowl

Did you have more than three candidates when the committee was elected ? I had a similar situation with the person that did our accounts they sold up so the committee in order to provide the smooth running of the complex co-opeted another person to do the work ,we just notified everyone of the decision

Did you have more than three candidates when the committee was elected ? I had a similar situation with the person that did our accounts they sold up so the committee in order to provide the smooth running of the complex co-opeted another person to do the work ,we just notified everyone of the decision

Was that person who sold up- was he/she an elected member of your committee? I thought legally it was either a case of a singleton manager or a 3 person Board?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom