BNP sickos slur hero Gurkha...
... or so claims Joanna Lumley in the Sun.

Joanna Lumley: BNP sickos slur hero Gurkha | The Sun |News

Obviously they are allowed to fight and die for the UK, just not live there.

I am reminded of Spike Milligan, who was born to a father serving in the British Army and was drafted into the British Army during World War Two and who was raised in Britain and lived there most of his life, contributing to British life and culture enormously, but was then refused British citizenship.

As Spike was born in India but his father was born in Ireland I wonder where the BNP would send him "back" to?

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Our guys fought for America in their War on terror but it doesnt give them the right to move and settle in the United States.

Our guys fought for America in their War on terror but it doesnt give them the right to move and settle in the United States.

I don't understand this, can you clarify? As far as I know our guys fought in the British Army and Britain was an ally of America in the war on terror. I didn't think they were in the American Army, swearing allegience to the stars and stripes and to their president.

Some people think they may as well have, the way the UK followed and suported the Americans, but they were still in the British Army.

By the way, as you say "their war on terror" do you think the war on terror is a purely American war then?

I am reminded of Spike Milligan, who was born to a father serving in the British Army and was drafted into the British Army during World War Two and who was raised in Britain and lived there most of his life, contributing to British life and culture enormously, but was then refused British citizenship.

As Spike was born in India but his father was born in Ireland I wonder where the BNP would send him "back" to?

I was in a similar position to Spike Milligan. I was born in Africa, because my father was working there for a British Company, but he was born in India because his father served in the 2nd world war in India, and his father was also born in India seving the British Army. After a protracted debate in the House of Commons I was allowed to stay. (I was 13 at the time and my parent were accused of bringing me into the country under false documentation). My rights to being british are not full rights, if I marry a non british passport holder, I will have to return to their home country

In a previous post I was accused of supporting the BNP and I was furious. ..... the person did not retract the insult.:mad2:

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
I don't understand this, can you clarify? As far as I know our guys fought in the British Army and Britain was an ally of America in the war on terror. I didn't think they were in the American Army, swearing allegience to the stars and stripes and to their president.

Some people think they may as well have, the way the UK followed and suported the Americans, but they were still in the British Army.

By the way, as you say "their war on terror" do you think the war on terror is a purely American war then?

No I dont think the war on terror is purely America's!!! However, it was the US who declared war because of 9/11. Whether our guys fought in the British Army or not, we were backing the Amercians on a war they started.

Whether our guys fought in the British Army or not..

The point here is that the Gurkhas are in the British Army. If The UK expects them to obey its orders and fight and die for it then it should be expected to allow them to live here.

Our soldiers are not in the American Army so I fail to see the relevance of your original post.

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Oh, so they were drafted into the British Army and are not being paid? Yes they may be fighting for the British Army but they are being paid, and if they werent, I doubt they would be!

The relevance of my post is that I dont believe it gives them the right to a British Passport!!!

PASH

Oh, so they were drafted into the British Army and are not being paid? Yes they may be fighting for the British Army but they are being paid, and if they werent, I doubt they would be!

The relevance of my post is that I dont believe it gives them the right to a British Passport!!!

That is the most lame argument i have come across yet. It is not about the money, they fight for us because of our long standing ties etc. We have had Gurkhas fighting for the UK for many many years out of a sense of duty!

jimskem

I'm no supporter of the b.n.p. but when i noticed the Sxx newspaper was
involved, i was suspicious from the start.
When i visited the web-site of the b.n.p. was not surprised to read their members are outraged by the serious allegations.
They claim the person named in what they say is a forged leaflet, Adam
Walker, intends to sue for slander.
Also they are taking legal advice regarding the incitement to racial hatred
element.
I do not think any political party, whether despised or supported, would be
so stupid as to voice an opinion against the Gurkhas so close to election.
Hopefully sooner rather than later we will find out who the despicable
culprits are.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom