pldouglas

BNP on Question Time tonight
There is all hell letting loose outside the BBC studios tonight as Nick Griffin prepars to guest on Question Time at 10.35 tonight BBC 1.
There have been some interesting observations from people regarding this proposed TV appearance and I think the most enlightened comment came from a young woman who appeared to be mixed race who said 'let him get on with it, there are far more important issues to worry about in todays world other than the views of Griffin'.
Good girl!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
oh i can;t wait its quite an interesting line up , i wonder how far the bbc will let the questions go , I very rarely watch this programme but can;t wait for 1035 !!!

i wonder if there would have been a fuss outside if it had been the muslim cleric bloke on question time.
i think what most people in the know are worried about is , it could be the launchpad the bnp party has needed.

Martyn

i wonder if there would have been a fuss outside if it had been the muslim cleric bloke on question time.
i think what most people in the know are worried about is , it could be the launchpad the bnp party has needed.

I disagree that it is to their advantage, no-one now is in any doubt of what this evil person and his party stands for.

pldouglas

Its interesting timing too on the part of the BBC, following so soon after the Panorama programme last week where a female reporter went undercover to act being a muslim living on an estate somewhere in the north of England.
I can't remember ever being so shocked after seeing the appauling racial abuse she was subjected to, I guess I never really believed racism was really that bad in this country and what I saw on that programme made me ashamed to be British.
Anyway, with any luck, Griffin will hang himself tonight - shouldn't be too difficult for him.
What we should really be doing is not watching the programme at all, putting paid to the BBC rubbing thier hands at high ratings and squashing Griffins platform.

Smiler

I disagree, the best thing is to give them a platform and let people see how exactly how purposturous the bnp are.

Mushroom

Griffin was poor, Jack Straw even worse and the BNP have not gained anything out of that appearance other than more publicity.
The one thing I did conclude out of it was that if labour hadn't been so useless for the past 12 years with regards to immigration and crime, the BNP wouldn't have had half the chances they have taken to get any votes.

haybags

I felt it was an excuse to basically to rip nick apart.he actually handled it very well considering he was overtalked by most of them...i love it when someones answers their own question...cue Mr Dimbleby

giglets

Bit of an anti-climax, really.
Griffin appeared shallow, evasive and slimy- just like the other three mainstream politicians on the panel!
The most unacceptable thing about the programme was not the appearance of the BNP representative, but the repeated attempts to prevent him from appearing at all!!
No-one really believes that the BNP will ever be a real political force in Britain, but they have every right (with over one million voters) to have their views aired and debated, in the same way that numerous extreme-left, anti-western and religious fundamentalists have had, over the last 12yrs of New Labour rule.
Am I the only one that smells the reek of rank hypocracy from the "liberal left" who have so vehemently sought to ban Griffin from a public TV platform, whilst, at the same time wishing their views and those of every other minority group to be heard by all??
Pot and kettle, lads - It's called Democracy and it ain't always pretty, but it's the best system we have!!!
Good to see that not everything is as controlled, one-sided and sanitized, as some would want!
Maybe, just maybe, it will shake those complacent, smug and out-of-touch nobodies in the main political parties, out of their self-satisfied existence and force them to address the concerns of vast numbers of their citizens, before all faith in Parliament is lost.
Just don't hold your breath!

Dave

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Am I the only one that smells the reek of rank hypocracy from the "liberal left" who have so vehemently sought to ban Griffin from a public TV platform, whilst, at the same time wishing their views and those of every other minority group to be heard by all??
Pot and kettle, lads - It's called Democracy and it ain't always pretty, but it's the best system we have!!!
Good to see that not everything is as controlled, one-sided and sanitized, as some would want!
Dave

You are spot on, and as an example of their hypocrisy there is an article by Matthew Norman in todays Independent about Jack Straw`s attempt to push through legislation that will allow government to have inquests in secret so that relatives can not ask awkward questions of the government, police or security services:

Matthew Norman: Of all the New Labour toadies, Jack Straw must be the worst - Matthew Norman, Commentators - The Independent

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
found it pretty boring, an attempt at sensationalism that failed, mr griffin won few friends, Jack Straw was useless, was the token acedemic there to further inflame the proceedings ?

wont be watching part 2 if there is one !

martin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
The leader of the Bnp is triumphantly being given the publicity he needs,by those dumb idiots outside acting like thugs.These are the people that have branded the BNP as evil thugs shouting the most vile verbal for all the media to take note and publicize it.Are these people short of a screw in that cranium of their’s.

Hypocritical acts will be the protesters downfall and fuel the ammo the BNP wants.They preach acts of violence and racism is part of the BNP’s manifesto,but the one’s that have accused the BNP of these evil policies are the one’s themselves that are carrying them out.Haven’t they heard of the pen is mightier then the sword or do they pretend to be a group with ethical policies but deep down they are just plainly a group that use aggression to get what they want.

BNP will grow from this protest,because the people have had enough of this government that refused to listen to commonsense and has allowed the policies that are against the people’s wishes to go ahead.and one of those stupid idiotic policies is allowing a surge of criminal minds to enter British shores with a open door to the taxpayers money.

Brown you have goofed again as normal:loco:,thinking this will be the BNP's destruction by exposing him on television.Why don't you try and use a bit of grey matter and listen to reason,then all this wouldn't have taken place.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
It is a sad reflection upon us all that anybody agreed to appear with this odious person. Once the BBC offered a seat on the programme to a democratically elected politician ( however distasteful he may be ) common sense and decency should have asserted itself with a firm No Thanks from prospective participants. Thence the BBC could have claimed " we did our democratic bit " , as no one else wants to appear with you Mr. Griffin, we have withdrawn our offer.

Steve.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Well i watched the programme and yes Mr Griffin didn;t come over well, he seemed very nervous and agitated. the whole programme centred around the BNP which is a shame as I was looking forward to hearing what he thought on things other than immigration.

With the failure of the main parties to control immigration just played into his hands.

The one thing that made me laugh was when Baroness whats her name said quote" there is no such thing as a Bogus Assylum Seeker".

That sums up our political set up. They don;t live in the real world and they don;t understand the problems of the real world.

I don;t belong to any political party but i will vote for the candidate who offers a real solution to our immigration problems and stand up and tell us how many people are living illegally in this country. The answer to that question will shock us all.

Martyn

I'll tell you what he had some b***s to go on there. Did he have a friend on the program? He did did get some sporadic applause on a couple of thing he said which just goes to show there are issues that need addressing that are in the bnp thinking. If the main parties get those sorted bnp have no chance.

Last edited:

Firebrand

I'll tell you what he had some b***s to go on there. Did he have a friend on the program? He did did get some sporadic applause on a couple of thing he said which just goes to show there are issues that need addressing that are in the bnp thinking. If the main parties get those sorted bnp have no chance.

BNP members were allowed into the audience, but the audience were being vetted for members of anti fascist groups.

BNP supporters to be in Question Time audience | Politics | The Guardian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom