giglets

Blocked kitchen drain pipe
We've got a partial blockage in our kitchen sink drain-pipe.

Tried Mr Muscle and it has helped, but need something stronger.

Have heard that there is a type of crystals you can put down the pipe?

Any suggestions?

parrot

Re: Blocked pipe

Soda crystals,don't know if it's available in Turkey,have you tried Porcos.

Carolyn

You sure can Dave. It is caustic acid. The Turkish word sounds very similar - kostik. You by it by weight and can get it from many of the Arkwright sell everything type shops. Goiogle it's use though - you need to mix it outside in a plastic container. It will eat metal and wood and gives off a poisonous vapour until it has finished reacting with the water. You will also feel the container get warm is it reacts.

Brilliant stuff for cleaning drains though!

tomc1984

We have a doctor drainsink plunger, it is fantastic, clears the drain everytime.

giglets

Thanks for the replies.

We are going into Fethiye tomorrow and I will have a look for these.

Marian has suggested that I could sample the stuff myself, in a nice mug of "special" coffee she could make me.

Think I smell a rat, though!

kale

I always use soda crystals. Works a treat , also salt , bleach ,

The crystals I used on a hair salon sink which was forever blocking
Use to put a full pkt, + boiling water . All the hair and sacidified shampoo
Was through in no time , thick solid slime ,

Cheers kale Yvonne x

parrot

You sure can Dave. It is caustic acid. The Turkish word sounds very similar - kostik. You by it by weight and can get it from many of the Arkwright sell everything type shops. Goiogle it's use though - you need to mix it outside in a plastic container. It will eat metal and wood and gives off a poisonous vapour until it has finished reacting with the water. You will also feel the container get warm is it reacts.

Brilliant stuff for cleaning drains though!

Oops should have said caustic soda crystals.

thurstan

try a length of curtain wire - useful for the more solid blockages that form from an overuse of detergents etc, especially if the washing machine is connected

hijo

in my own clique
..Dynarod Dave, in the tv ad they say they will go anywere ..within an hour..

juco

If you can unscrew the pipe under the sink insert a hose and it may be possible to dislodge it this way, you should be able to manipulate the hose down the pipe.

Be extremely careful when using caustic soda as it causes extremely nasty burns to your skin, eyes and mouth. Wear protective equipment and if any splashes on you, wash it off immediately with copious amounts of cold running water.

Carolyn

If you have any caustic acid left make sure it is in a sturdy plastic container with a lid on. Ours was in a plastic bag (not me!) and it ate through the mdf in our kitchen cupboard!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Dave, take caution with the chemicals, if you have tried one already that didn't work, be aware there could be a reaction if you try another, such as a poisonous gas.

Martin

basic

I use a product called Toz Ruhu, Caustic Soda in liquid form,very good leave overnigth if possible,i take the trap off and put it straight down the pipe.

BEZ

-->: Re: Blocked pipe

lavabo açıcı = drain opener

available in every market in various brands; buy the cheapest one since all are chemically identical; always apply twice the adviced dosage.

i guess cheapest was in BİM brand mr. bee :)

I always use these they come in a box of 2 not very expense 5 or 6 lira they work a treat

jicrw

We've got a partial blockage in our kitchen sink drain-pipe.

Tried Mr Muscle and it has helped, but need something stronger.

Have heard that there is a type of crystals you can put down the pipe?

Any suggestions?

One Shot. The best on the market but stick strictly to the Safety Instructions. Not sure if available in Turkey.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom