ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Blair Heckled At Iraq Inquiry
Tony Blair has told an inquiry he does not regret the war in Iraq as the world is a safer place without Saddam Hussein.

Here

Also, an anti-war protester has been restrained by police after trying to perform a citizen's arrest on Tony Blair at the Iraq Inquiry.

Here

C

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
why try to arrest him, wouldn't it be better to just throw a shoe?

Guz1

I like Tony Blair. Sad to see him being heckled. Sad, too, to see how he has aged. I always believed he was well intentioned. Nobody gets it right all the time.

the arrogance of Tony Blair is astounding.
İraq had nothing to do with 9/11 had no WMD ..this is a dangerous man whose ego prevents him from seeing the chaos he caused and which is still reverberating ..and he even brings in an attack on İran as a possibility.
Seig Heil.

ted j

According to one of the reports this morning, he was visibly shaking just before he gave evidence, then , as soon as he started, he (in their words) gave a perfomance worthy of an oscar, being very polite and skirting round the questions. Any takers that he walks away from all this unscathed (he will)

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
He was a lapdog, just like the present incumbent, and most probably followed by the next occupant of that office.

No offence to any member here, but just because America is presently the most powerful nation on earth, and with whom we share a common tongue, does not mean we have to endorse their policies or follow their every move with regards to counter terrorism/foreign policy.

On almost every occasion we do that, the world becomes less safe for us and our children.

But maybe, just maybe, with the hawk gone from the Whitehouse, things will steadily improve, but I have to say I'm pretty pessimistic about that.

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
The questioning was pathetic; more like a friendly chat than putting him on the spot; long rambling questions allowed him to dodge the answer and then the questioners would sum up his answer for him by saying, "I think what you are saying is..." - they don´t have a clue.
They did not address in any detail the fundamental point - it was an illegal act of aggression under international law: full stop!!!!
Just watching the man makes me sick.

Ian

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I think what he says at 2:20 is interesting and although they didn't find WMD other evidence pointed he very well may have. Saddam was indeed attempting to assemble the components.

Bob

Saoirse

I honestly do not see any change on the horizon

It would appear to be British govt policy, regardless of party, to be lap dog to whatever madcap administration occupies the White House

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I have not been following it but what has Brown done to follow Obama that's been insane?

Bob

Robert

I like Tony Blair. Sad to see him being heckled. Sad, too, to see how he has aged. I always believed he was well intentioned. Nobody gets it right all the time.

This man took our country to war on a pack of lies.
151 fine young British lads were killed and countless thousands of Iraqis,
Try telling the familes of those people how much you like Tony.

Saoirse

The man is a self centred liar

He couldnt give a dam about who died Iraqi, Ally or whatever.

His main motivation for sometime now has been money and both him and that obnoxious woman hes married to have a reputation for ruthless greed

A compulsive liar with a lot of blood on his hands

Saoirse

I always thought he was a tory

Says he admired Thatcher and adopted tory policies

Latest Posts

Top Bottom