Black Lives Matter
I suppose if I was an Express reader I would miss my Noddy books to ha ha ;)🎭
But Camden you are an Express reader........you posted a couple of headlines from that very newspaper on here the other day, unless of course you never read them lol

Camden

Black Lives Matter
My Evil twin the Daily Express reader ??? Nooooo

Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:

enoch

Black Lives Matter
Well they can ban all they like but I am keeping my Robertson jam golliwog badges nomatter what anyone thinks, and a big stuffed golliwog.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
Well they can ban all they like but I am keeping my Robertson jam golliwog badges nomatter what anyone thinks, and a big stuffed golliwog.
I still have the Robertson's Police officer golly and used to wear it prominently on my tie at work.
It never attracted a negative comment from anyone and I was never told to remove it.
My mate on the other hand was a crazy Sub Mariner of 11 years service who wore the two dolphins badge on his tie from his time on the Subs.
He was told by a boss who had never worked outside that he should remove it.
I'm standing next to him and nothing was said.
My mate said it was staying where it was and if anyone wanted to remove It, they ought to try.
Today, I would have been disciplined and deemed to be racist. My mate would have been seen as a right wing Nuke Em type.
How things have changed?
Does No one appreciate how many jars of jam I had to buy?

Camden

Black Lives Matter
I still have the Robertson's Police officer golly and used to wear it prominently on my tie at work.
It never attracted a negative comment from anyone and I was never told to remove it.
My mate on the other hand was a crazy Sub Mariner of 11 years service who wore the two dolphins badge on his tie from his time on the Subs.
He was told by a boss who had never worked outside that he should remove it.
I'm standing next to him and nothing was said.
My mate said it was staying where it was and if anyone wanted to remove It, they ought to try.
Today, I would have been disciplined and deemed to be racist. My mate would have been seen as a right wing Nuke Em type.
How things have changed?
Does No one appreciate how many jars of jam I had to buy?

Got you a new badge in appreciation on all that jam you ate.
flat-750x-075-f-pad-750x1000-f8f8f8.jpg

enoch

Black Lives Matter

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
I remember starting to watch the mini series 'Roots" on telly in the 80's but changed channels when I realised it wasn't about life in a garden centre.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Black Lives Matter
Actually nothing has been banned , shall we continue to pretend that books and Golliwogs have been banned? I'm game if you are

Well here is a deflate for the Enid thing, Booo, down with deflate things, [no colored people were used for this post]

English Heritage recognises Blyton and Kipling’s racism – but blue plaques to stay
Blyton's publisher rejected her work as xenophobic in 1960 , she had to tout it around to get it published , so even then the queries were being raised , nothing new here then .
Steve

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
Blyton's publisher rejected her work as xenophobic in 1960 , she had to tout it around to get it published , so even then the queries were being raised , nothing new here then .
Steve
I bet he was as sick as a parrot when she sold millions of books all over the world after that rejection (and still does)?
Does her continuing success through the decades show that there are literary millions of people who don't see her children's books as a threat to civilisation? Are they all sexist, racist or whatever?

mollag

Kipper restorer
Black Lives Matter
I bet he was as sick as a parrot when she sold millions of books all over the world after that rejection (and still does)?
Does her continuing success through the decades show that there are literary millions of people who don't see her children's books as a threat to civilisation? Are they all sexist, racist or whatever?
They didnt reject the Authors complete works, just the ones with racist themes, the ones strange folk liked
Mein Kampf still sells also. your thoughts on sales ,meaning things are fine, on this popular book maybe :rolleyes: [

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
Mein Kampf is a good read - If you want to get into the thoughts and mind of a nutter.
The fact that it is still an option to buy it and read it is a testament to the tolerance of a free thinking society.
We might not agree with his thoughts, but it isn't banned (yet).

mollag

Kipper restorer
Black Lives Matter
Mein Kampf is a good read - If you want to get into the thoughts and mind of a nutter.
The fact that it is still an option to buy it and read it is a testament to the tolerance of a free thinking society.
We might not agree with his thoughts, but it isn't banned (yet).
Once again, the books were not banned, the publisher declined them, their choice. rightly IMHO
Odd how you see the insanity in Mein Kampf but not the blatant racism of Sambo the ugly black faced doll, who was much improved by washing the black off until it was white ? you do realise this isnt the 50's any more and that it is offensive to so many people, I know lots of folk delight in offending coloured folk, but that doesn't make it right, it makes them sad and nasty racists..

Latest Posts

Top Bottom