35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
I dare say there’s posts on this very forum that could quite easily be considered to be racist or sexist.....even in joke form they’d still be unacceptable in some quarters.

Camden

Black Lives Matter
I dare say there’s posts on this very forum that could quite easily be considered to be racist or sexist.....even in joke form they’d still be unacceptable in some quarters.

Yes in " some quarters" we have seen what may have "seemed" humorous in the past, but through time becoming more enlightened seeing it , for what it is/was just crass . In this case sexist.

Pontiac-car-sexist-ad.jpg

And then others haven't ....

'Watermelon smiles' and 'piccaninnies': What Boris Johnson has said previously about people in Africa​

How Watermelons Became a Racist Trope​

The trope came in full force when slaves won their emancipation during the Civil War. Free black people grew, ate, and sold watermelons, and in doing so made the fruit a symbol of their freedom. Southern whites, threatened by blacks’ newfound freedom, responded by making the fruit a symbol of black people’s perceived uncleanliness, laziness, childishness, and unwanted public presence. This racist trope then exploded in popular culture.

Mushroom

Black Lives Matter
The latest one to do the rounds near us and courtesy of Social Media.
Bigish man gets well drunk in Leeds then starts to become disorderly.
Plod appears and drunken man continues to be disorderly.
Plod understands (yeehaa) that there is a power of arrest and attempt to implement it.
There are 3 plods and one drunk but one plod falls over whilst attempting the arrest whilst hold of the drunk and drunk falls down with him.
Drunk continues to be disorderly and to complete his arrest and subdue him, he is given a dose of pepper spray.
He isn't tazered, or physically assaulted and this being a routine arrest there are no firearms used (This is not the US).
Drunken man is carted off to the cell area of whatever Nick is still available and when sobered up admits his guilt, makes no complaints and is released after bail.
Routine????
Well drunken man was black and the next thing we know some silly black woman is trying to organise a BLM demonstration in Leeds centre.
It attracted the local media and a group of about 20.
When asked by the media about the demo and why it was being held she said that the black man should have been dealt with 'with compassion'.
Excuse me lady? 16 stone of drunken person flailing about and clearly not wishing to be arrested will not be controlled by the question 'Shall we all just sit down and have a nice cup of Coffee?'

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
Blacks with knives matter.

Just wondering, would there have been an outcry if the police had rolled up and shot someone involved in this?

Camden

Black Lives Matter
Obviously some posters don't understand what BLM movement really means? It means and supports, Every life is of equal importance.... Black Lives do not only matter when they are murdered eg by police officers but as seen young people of all races in London and other metropolitan areas being senselessly stabbed and murdered.

Yes, both perpetrators as well as victims come from the black community but not solely .

All stabbings are needless, these murders and the perpetrators that come from the Black Community are letting down and skewing the defining principles of BLM , in doing so worsening the problems, and ultimately, just making them even harder to resolve. So BLM condemns these crimes and the perps. .

BLM supporters should know the principles can't be just selectively adopted.... it's not just a trend the momentum and movement should continue to harness their anger and frustration to constructively push for change , and rout out the bad apples, that just want to destroy.

Silence on this violence, or being passive is just being complicit. It is no longer enough, not to be racist, we all should all anti racist.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Black Lives Matter
I was reading an interesting article in the Guardian and was written by a female black journalist last year.
It revolves around Fried Chicken, of the KFC type.
It questioned why Black People appear to be stereo typed as the great fans of this food and went back to it's origins.
Indeed, it was a food which went back to Black slaves in the US and evolved from their cooking of the one animal they were allowed to keep.
It was later alleged or at least questioned the the 'honorary' Colonel Sanders had stolen the recipe from a black woman who was a maid and a cook, although the answer to that will never be known.
What concerns me, is that whenever I hear the advert for the stuff on the radio, the commentary is that of a black female with the London/ slight West Indian accent and whenever the advert pops up on TV, the product is shown to be eaten by Black young men and women.
Firstly, that is stereotypical, but also raises the question - If this was the food of slaves, possibly nicked by a white bloke for his own commercial reasons, is it only a matter of time before KFC is 'cancelled' by BLM and the woke brigade for it's connections to slavery or doesn't that count so long as it's 'Finger Lickin Good'?

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
I was reading an interesting article in the Guardian and was written by a female black journalist last year.
It revolves around Fried Chicken, of the KFC type.
It questioned why Black People appear to be stereo typed as the great fans of this food and went back to it's origins.
Indeed, it was a food which went back to Black slaves in the US and evolved from their cooking of the one animal they were allowed to keep.
It was later alleged or at least questioned the the 'honorary' Colonel Sanders had stolen the recipe from a black woman who was a maid and a cook, although the answer to that will never be known.
What concerns me, is that whenever I hear the advert for the stuff on the radio, the commentary is that of a black female with the London/ slight West Indian accent and whenever the advert pops up on TV, the product is shown to be eaten by Black young men and women.
Firstly, that is stereotypical, but also raises the question - If this was the food of slaves, possibly nicked by a white bloke for his own commercial reasons, is it only a matter of time before KFC is 'cancelled' by BLM and the woke brigade for it's connections to slavery or doesn't that count so long as it's 'Finger Lickin Good'?

BLM I believe wanted to be a political Party here in the UK, a non-runner by all accounts.

Camden

Black Lives Matter
BLM I believe wanted to be a political Party here in the UK, a non-runner by all accounts.

You believe wrong ... non-political

BLM ...It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation. We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform.

UK BLM affiliate not behind attempt to use name for political party

Movement denies involvement in application to register party under name Black Lives Matter

Last edited:

Camden

Black Lives Matter

Just wondering, would there have been an outcry if the police had rolled up and shot someone involved in this?

Quite right there would be an outcry or investigation if they just rolled up and shot one , because although it may look it at times, it's' not the unlawful wild west and as shocking and horrendous this is,in watching these thugs ..the proper lawful world renowned British policing ,non armed minimal force as necessary methods were employed, and they were arrested, without a shoot to kill, like their American counterparts ...

ps its now a murder inquiry as one of the thugs died of his wounds...

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Black Lives Matter
Quite right there would be an outcry or investigation if they just rolled up and shot one , because although it may look it at times, it's' not the unlawful wild west and as shocking and horrendous this is,in watching these thugs ..the proper lawful world renowned British policing non armed methods were employed and they were arrested, without a shoot to kill, like their American counterparts ...
Mmmm several people armed with manchettes all trying to kill each other & our police are supposed to get involved using what. I never said "shoot to kill" but I would've had no qualms whatsoever if they had opened fire.

Camden

Black Lives Matter
Mmmm several people armed with manchettes all trying to kill each other & our police are supposed to get involved using what. I never said "shoot to kill" but I would've had no qualms whatsoever if they had opened fire.

Supposed to ? they did Chips and arrested them by “working within the law”.

Chasey

Black Lives Matter
Theres no "I dare say about it" some of the stuff posted on here is gammonry of the highest level. Whilst its hard to accept that when your brought up on carry on movies On the Busses and the black and white Minstrel show

There should be an allowance for age like not saying anything when your nan farts at the dinner table, but it remains pretty disgusting behaviour.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Black Lives Matter
Theres no "I dare say about it" some of the stuff posted on here is gammonry of the highest level. Whilst its hard to accept that when your brought up on carry on movies On the Busses and the black and white Minstrel show
I don’t understand why all the fuss over racist jokes when Polish, Irish & Jewish jokes are perfectly acceptable - and blonde jokes seem the acme of misogyny.

As a white Safrican jokes about the indigenous are commonplace as are their jokes about us, no problem. One might say that ‘Jokes Rude Not Racist’ might cause greater offence.

................................................................................... confused_TLF.jpg

Top Bottom