Saoirse

Bin Laden Dead?
Did anyone watch the programme last night exploring the belief that Bin Laden has been dead for some time? Fascinating stuff

Saoirse

Bin Laden Dead?
well it examined closely all of the video tapes/recordings which have been alledgedly from Bin Laden

For many reasons including his appearance (his beard is jet black in some later ones despite being grey/white in earlier ones-devout muslims would never dye their hair etc)

Voice analyst have said some are not authentic

In one video he gestures regularly and holds a pen in his right hand-he is left handed

There were various other things which strongly suggested the tapes were not real

The BIG question raised was if they are not real who fabricated them?

Was it Al Queda to keep his image alive for his followers OR was it US/CIA to prolong the image of having a "Mr Evil" out there in order to retain focus for "the war on terror"

Fascinating stuff

suzyq

Bin Laden Dead?
I've always thought Bin Ladan has been dead for the last couple of years. As far as the big question goes it would probably suit both parties to say he was alive.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Bin Laden Dead?
Bin Laden is not the reason the war on terrorism is active. His head being served on a silver platter would give many considerable joy but the fact is dead or alive acts of terrorisim are still very active and this is the reason the war on terrorisim is still going on and will continue for some time yet I fear.

Bob

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Bin Laden Dead?
I also watched it, and yes it would suit both parties to have us believe he was still alive, there was an explanation about the beard, there were also plenty of "experts" to say he was still alive

the jurys out for me !

martin

Gamuret

Bin Laden Dead?
I missed the programme but I have heard two versions in the past.

One is that, since he was known to need kidney dialysis, he must have died some time ago, as how could he obtain that holed up in such inhospitable terrain?

The other is from the inevitable conspiracy theorists who are convinced that he was spirited out of Afghanistan to the USA, courtesy of the CIA, where he was given a new identity - job done!

I doubt whether Joe Public will ever know the truth, even when documents are disclosed 30 or 50 years from now.

hijo

in my own clique
Bin Laden Dead?
I've always thought Bin Ladan has been dead for the last couple of years. As far as the big question goes it would probably suit both parties to say he was alive.

totally agree ,anyway if it or it was,nt Bin Laden ..somebody else would just take over..

Saoirse

Bin Laden Dead?
lol

So are you doubting he is dead or are you doubting that I saw a programme about it?

Maybe the CIA have got to the BBC iplayer?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom