Billy Liar's Creator, Keith Waterhouse, Dies
Kieth Waterhouse was a true genious and a British treasure. Please read his books people.
May he rest in peace.

Martyn

Years ago he was a columnist in one of the daily newspapers and I can't remember which one.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Years ago he was a columnist in one of the daily newspapers and I can't remember which one.

I have a feeling it was the Daily Mirror Martyn, sad loss of another one of the greats in our society.

Tess

Martyn, think I read somewhere he wrote for Yorkshire Evening Post, Daily Mirror and Daily Mail.

ted j

Just been reading this on the news. Yes a sad loss. I remember reading his column and he said his dear old mum couldn't read or write, so when he worked in London, he used to send her an envelope every week. Inside it was another envelope addressed back to himself .If he recieved it back, he knew she was ok. he said "One week, the envelope didn't come back, So i went up to bury the old girl" . Ted

Maggie Moon was genius.

He went from the Mirror to the Mail, which is probably what was meant by 'a man who is a conservative in his youth is an idiot, and who is a revolutinary in his old age is a fool'.

A sad loss.

If even for Jeffrey Barnard is unwell.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Maggie Moon was genius.

He went from the Mirror to the Mail, which is probably what was meant by 'a man who is a conservative in his youth is an idiot, and who is a revolutinary in his old age is a fool'.

A sad loss.

If even for Jeffrey Barnard is unwell.

Thanks Joe, I remember him as a columnist in the Mirror and, of course latterly The Mail. I kinda read the Mirror when a youngster, and graduated to the Mail now for many years, lol. Yes, a great loss for a, sometimes controversial writer, but that's why I loved to read him column. I also loved the, "Jeffrey Barnard is unwell" great memories.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom