mintyk

Big icons on desktop
This really is for my friend.
I have been trying for about two hours today to reduce the size of the icons on her desktop, they are so big they fill her screen. I have searched all through the display and preferences, I altered the dpi, I altered the font size, applied it and after a restart it was still big. Any ideas how I can change it for her, she is driving me mad,,,,,,,,

Big icons on desktop
Try changing the screen resolution size to 1024 * 768

Click control panel, open display and then click settings and then use the slider to change the size

Steve

juco

Big icons on desktop
Steps for changing desktop icon size.
1. Right Click Desktop + Choose “Properties”
2. In the Properties Window click on the “Appearance Tab” at the top.
3. In the Appearance Window click on the button called “Advanced”
4. In the Advanced Appearance Window choose “Item:” from the drop down list and choose “Icon” and you can choose desired Icon size. By default many users will see 32 x 32 pixels but this can be changed to whatever you want.

Robert

Big icons on desktop
the stuff on my laptop is suddenly too big for my sceen. SPOOKY!!
I'll try the remedy given. thank you.:confused:

juco

Big icons on desktop
Robert I think that might be your resolution.

You could also try a system restore to get the settings back.

Squeaky

Big icons on desktop
Good evening:

Not exactly a response to the original question but in the same ball park.

I recently found a free program which also relates to icons - it is called "Fences" and once installed all you have to do to get rid of all icons leaving your desktop image totally uncluttered is to double click any place on the screen. When you want to see the icons you just double click again and they appear.

When first installed you will be asked how many "boxes" you want and once you decide and have them appear you simply drag them to where you want them and using the mouse you can change the shape and size.

You next drag the icons into which ever box you want.

Double click on the screen and bingo, they all disappear including icons that are not in any of the boxes leaving your favourite photo or image unblocked by icons.

Down load link - Fences™ Download - By Stardock - Clean up your desktop clutter

Cheers

Squeaky

Robert

Big icons on desktop
Thanks for your help folks I think its worked.
Oh dear everythings gone all jerky now:thanks:

mintyk

Big icons on desktop
Ah, thank you, I think it may well be the resolution, I think it is set to the big number I will see her again on Thursday so hopefully I can do it for her. Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom