enoch

Big fires in Manavgat

It seems the only aid Turkey turned down was from Israel. Greece offered help, but later decided it’s own needs were greater.
We know he changed his mind because of all the back Lass that happened.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Big fires in Manavgat

MHP leader criticizes social media posts asking help against fire​

Extract:
Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) leader Devlet Bahçeli on Aug. 3 criticized social media posts asking for help from the world against wildfires across Turkey.

“Calls to foreign countries and the intense demand for help by some abhorrent and cursed social media accounts due to the forest fires should be considered as the cryptic message of the insidiousness to show Turkey as a helpless and needy country,” he said in a written statement.

Camden

Big fires in Manavgat
1. You quote the “Turkish Minute“ accusing the AK. 2. I point out that “Turkish Minute“ is produced by AK opposition, therefore not an impartial source. 3. You admit that “Turkish Minute” is an opposition source and therefore not impartial.
4. I include your admission in a post. 5. You then ask me “Which document was suspect?” and go off on a diatribe about some ex AKP mayor that was never in the conversation.
6. I point out the document under discussion, “Turkish Minute”. 7. You accuse me of being an AK apologist and (gasp, heavens, egad, the final insult) an Islamist. 😂🤣😂

Uller, You have now changed tact, in saying you were referring to"Turkish Minute" but how could that be ? Since I have never posted any article, tainted or otherwise from Turkish Minute " nor posted any "Turkish Minute" "suspect" documentation to make a point .... hence the Question “Which document was suspect?” Duh ...

Maybe you will be able to back up by bringing up the post in which I did ?
It seems Disinformation isn't the only forte of ex AKP Mayor Melih Gökçek 😂🤣😂 must be the same as the invalid accusation and spin that I had posted on RTE setting fires...that you again were unable to backup.:poop:

So why do you post documentation you know to be suspect to prove your point? Are you relying on readers not checking your sources? There is enough reasonably impartial material around, why rely on tainted articles?

I personally don’t see the point of thrashing about and accusing the AK of everything under the sun, not excluding Erdogan running around setting fires. Take a look at the other parties, see anything much more promising?

This is why I naturally answered you, on the actual articles I did post from/on .. Which was on the ex AKP Mayor Melih Gökçek and his fake disinformation. Which we found out from the article and also the Turkish Security directorate, the AKP Senator video was fake .. with him now admitting himself on twitter and deleting it .......

Last edited:

Camden

Big fires in Manavgat

Response from citizens to AKP Minister Pakdemirli: Where are the helicopters? Shame on the government, resign!

Women who participated in the firefighting efforts in Milas Ortaköy said to the Minister of Agriculture and Forestry Bekir Pakdemirli, who came to the region by helicopter hours after the fire, “Everywhere is burned, where are the helicopters, where are you? Shame on you! Government resign!” he reacted. The minister simply said "we are here" and left the village.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Big fires in Manavgat
Listening to Global News, the fires have reached a power station in Mugla province. Also RTE tells citizens not to blame or criticise the government.

Ian

ps the sun coming up this morning over Fethiye is blood-red - an omen?

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Big fires in Manavgat
Apparently RTE visited the area. Closed down the airport and airspace for his plane, then was throwing tea-bags out of the car window to victims and firefighters: is this a Turkish "thing"?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Big fires in Manavgat
From @dokuz8news

Even though President Erdoğan talked about the terrorism alliance, only young children came out after the Marmaris and Manavgat fires. It was understood that two 10-year-old children in Marmaris and a 12-year-old child in Manavgat started the fire.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Big fires in Manavgat
Locals (Fethiye) are organising collections for the firefighters and support staff. My apartment block was asked to supply soap for the firefighters to wash with. My friend was asked by support workers in Koycegiz for supplies of water and food as all the donations were bypassing them and going to the firefighters. Funny, nobody has requested teabags thrown at them from a moving car.

Ian

enoch

Big fires in Manavgat
Apparently RTE visited the area. Closed down the airport and airspace for his plane, then was throwing tea-bags out of the car window to victims and firefighters: is this a Turkish "thing"?
Don't forget the bottles of water.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom