enoch

Big fires in Manavgat
Just been watching it on TV. Tree's burning around petrol stations. I hope every one is safe.

It's very near to the devlet hospital.
1 fire plane, 19 helicopters, I think it's 103 appliances, 412 personal.

Last edited:
Big fires in Manavgat
My German neighbour is at his villa at the moment. He says that they can smell smoke 24km away from the Devlet hospital

Camden

Big fires in Manavgat

Where are the new firefighting planes that were purchased?

There is only one of the new Russian planes up ... seen in the photograph below

enoch

Big fires in Manavgat
Just been watching it on TV. Tree's burning around petrol stations. I hope every one is safe.

It's very near to the devlet hospital.
1 fire plane, 19 helicopters, I think it's 103 appliances, 412 personal.
Just looking at cumhuriyet news the Chp mayor asking were where the fire planes. And five or six helicopters, so the TV yesterday was a long way on what was fighting the fire. Some body been telling porkies?

Kanga

Big fires in Manavgat
FOREST FIRES IN MARMARİS, BODRUM, KÖYCEĞİZ, DIDIM, MILAS, KARAMANMARAŞ, KAYSERİ, KOCAELİ

Many of our readers are probably already aware of the reports of wildfires along Turkey’s Mediterranean coast over the last 24 hours. A devastating blaze in the Manavgat area near Antalya yesterday shocked the region but, since then, more have been reported eastwards towards the Syrian border and, more recently, others have broken out on the edge of the popular holiday resorts of both Marmaris and Bodrum.
This is a fast-moving story and, as ever, Fethiye Times will endeavour to keep its readers up to date. We will share verified information from trusted sources as soon as we are able.
However, in the meantime, please keep an eye on our feed below for information on what you should do should you spot a fire yourself.
We would also urge our readers not to use comment threads to repeat or share unverified information from unofficial sources or to add personal opinions or speculation which can add to what is already a complex and confusing chain of events. Anything we consider to be unhelpful or misleading will be deleted.

Last edited:

Kanga

Big fires in Manavgat
more from Fethiye Times.

https://www.facebook.com/FethiyeTim...gGg0FDOzIG5l6R1fDU5tXsaGIzVIxHy&__tn__=,O,P-R

FOREST FIRES IN MERSIN, OSMANIYE AND ADANA
As well as the fires in Manavgat, efforts to control forest fires in the Aydıncık and Bozyazı districts of Mersin continue.
According to reports a fire broke out in the red pine forest in the Pembecik District, which is located between Aydıncık and Gülnar district, for an undetermined reason.
Both air and land fire teams were despatched to the area to fight the fire.
Due to the fire, some houses in the surrounding neighborhoods were evacuated as a precaution.
NEIGHBORHOOD EVACUATED IN BOZYAZI
In the Bozyazı district, a fire broke out in the forest area in Kötekler Mahallesi, where banana greenhouses are located, for an undetermined reason.
Some houses were evacuated as a precaution as the fire approached Kömürlü Neighborhood due to windy conditions.
OTTOMAN
Efforts to control the forest fire in Osmaniye continue.
Locals alerted the emergency services on seeing smoke rising from the forest area in Sarpınağzı village.
Some houses in the village were evacuated as a precaution.
SECOND FIRE IN OSMANIYE
Helicopters, sprinklers and forestry workers intervened in a second fire, which started in the forest area in the Dereobası village and spread rapidly due to the wind.
The fire was brought under control after 10 hours.
Cooling works continue in the area.
ADANA
Efforts to control the forest fire in Adana's Kozan district continue.
A fire broke out in the forest area in the Kızlarsekisi location for an undetermined reason.
Houses in Savruk Plateau and some surrounding areas were evacuated as a precaution.
Fire teams, who continue in their efforts to bring the fire under control, are hindered by strong winds.
5 VILLAGES HAVE BEEN EVACUATED
Adana Governor Süleyman Elban said that the citizens in 5 villages were evacuated due to the forest fire in Kozan district, and they were preparing for evacuation in 2 more villages.
Emphasizing that many people were in the highlands in the fire area because it was summer, Governor Elban said, "Our first priority was to prevent loss of life. After taking our citizens out, we are now working intensively on preventing the fire from growing, compressing it into a certain area, and controlling it with the necessary equipment"
Throughout the night, fire helicopters and planes are unable to fly and teams continued to fight the fires from land.
Source: NTV
#forestfire #mersin #osmaniye #adana #wildfires

A89

Big fires in Manavgat
How is everything going today? Does anyone know how far east and west the fires have gone? Enoch hows everything in Alanya?
Looks terrible on the pictures i've seen.
Hope everyones ok.

take care everyone & stay safe.

Alison x

Chasey

Big fires in Manavgat
Sadly this is just a few KM from our villa. Came home yesterday to massive column of smoke above the top of the site that stretched out for ages

The power went down shortly after and is still off. We have had to abandon the villa due to no electric and 40c+ temps and we have moved to a hotel about 25miles away to avoid the plume of smoke. We will probably go back today to see how things are progressing but we just booked another night at the hotel just in case the power is still out.

I fear one of the sub stations in Manavgat that services our area is down. Even the traffic lights are not working

I am hearing stories of over 500 people in trouble some of whom have lost their homes.

I have also heard this was a deliberate attack with the fire starting in four separate locations at the same time and being designed to attack Manavgat on a day with strong winds in that direction to fan the flames. No idea if this is true or not,but its a scary thaught.

Big fires in Manavgat
My neighbour has just reported that his electric & water are now back on & there is no longer smoke in the air. That is in Cenger 24km away from Manavgat in the Alanya direction.

I was thinking that the fire near the Devlet Hospital/hastened casdesi area, would of been near the big electricity plant and log mill.(see picture)

I have also seen that there was a fire in Konakli today.

Screenshot_20210729-212036_Maps.jpg

hayabusa

Big fires in Manavgat
I hope there is no ulterior motive to these fires !….
I think this may be attac from the terrorist as to have this many fires in such a short period is not normal. May be a million in one chance for this to happen so am thinking someone is carrying this out to disturb Turkey’s economy which is doing reasonably well compare to other countries.
I hope the authorities investigate this and catch the perpetrators if this is man made fire. I know the temperatures are very hotter than normal, but am suspicious that to have this many fires in short period makes me thing if is terrorist related - hope not, but have my doubts !…

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Big fires in Manavgat
Local news is showing fires all the way up the Mugla coastline. I have not seen the helicopters this year; normally a private (I think Russian) group move into Fethiye with a number of fire-fighting helicopters. Perhaps there has been some cost cutting? With high winds and high temperatures it is a terrible recipe; this afternoon (Friday) the prediction is for "feels like" temperatures of 50C with 25 Knot winds.

Ian

Last edited:

Frankie T

Big fires in Manavgat
I've spoken to a couple of people in Turunc this morning. Most of the villagers spent the night down at the harbour or on boats in case the wind changed and they had to evacuate. The able bodied villagers have also been filling water tanks with sea water to help the fire fighters work through the night. Power to the village has been cut off for safety reasons. They have also heard that fire fighting aircraft from the Ukraine and Greece have arrived this morning to help. Thankfully there have been no reports of injuries in the village but others in the immediate area have not been so lucky.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom