immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Beware the USA
Re: Beware teh USA

An article which assumes the Russians are defenceless or outgunned; their SU35 is considered by some to be far more capable than the very old (40 years old) technology of the f-15C. Also, you would assume that Russia will deploy its S-400 air defence system that the American planes are not able to outwit.

More attempts of USA to ramp up the tension.

Note they have not attempted to deploy their white elephant in the shape of Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, a ludicrously expensive plane that they are desperate to sell to anyone that can afford it - e.g. UK

Ian

mollag

Kipper restorer
Beware the USA

Just for perspective, this quote from USA Presidential Republican candidate Ron Paul

"We're under great threat, because we occupy so many countries," Paul said. "We're in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world. We're going broke. The purpose of al-Qaida was to attack us, invite us over there, where they can target us. And they have been doing it. They have more attacks against us and the American interests per month than occurred in all the years before 9/11, but we're there occupying their land. And if we think that we can do that and not have retaliation, we're kidding ourselves. We have to be honest with ourselves. What would we do if another country, say, China, did to us what we do to all those countries over there?"

Kanga

Beware the USA

So he was admitting that they are stupid enough to be sucked into overseas adventures without calculating the outcomes?

Spurs

Spurs
Beware the USA

Wouldn't surprise me if ISIL don't get the heads up from the Turkish government, once a US fighter jet starts to taxi on the runway.
Perhaps Syria will be the battle between Russia & the US for WW3? The winner being? CHINA.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Beware the USA
Jaycey, I do not quite get your drift in your comment to JanetClarke.???

No hidden agenda ME, my comment is just what it says. It seems to be the fashion here to praise Russia & denigrate the USA, but I confess I’m no follower of fashion.

In my view the US doesn’t always do the right things but even when it does the wrong things it does them for the right reasons. I think there are a few on here that forget that, but for the US, the official language on TLF would be German.

I say again "God Bless America".

mollag

Kipper restorer
Beware the USA

Remember 1941 through 1945? Was that the American way? :der:
Was it just the USA fighting cos it all started in 1939?, nevertheless Vietnam 1961-- 73, 3 million dead who would maybe disagree with you, and don't mention Hiroshima or Nagasaki, god bless the USA? not if you are oriental.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Beware the USA

Was it just the USA fighting cos it all started in 1939?,

And the Allies were getting a right ass whipping until the US stepped in.

…nevertheless Vietnam 1961-- 73, 3 million dead who would maybe disagree with you,

You should be blaming the French not the Americans.

…and don't mention Hiroshima or Nagasaki, god bless the USA? not if you are oriental.

If I remember correctly it was the Japanese that started the war against the US.

Sorry ME, rant over, you can take over from here :)

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Beware the USA
The axis powers were murdering , torturing , raping untold millions...

Dresden , Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a small price for the aggressors to pay.

Those actions probably saved the suffering of further allied millions.

Germany , Japan suffered less than they deserved.

Steve

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Beware the USA

You seem to have missed out the Russians input Jace, funny that.

mollag,
Possibly because the Russians entered WW2 shortly before the USA. Prior to that, Russia had entered into a non-aggression pact with Nazi Germany (which is something the USA never did.) It wasn't until Hitler reneged on that pact (Operation Barbarossa,) that Russia entered the fight against Nazi Germany, "funny that." Even though Russia made an enormous impact on the outcome of WW2, I believe that the USA also did.

Bill.

Last edited:

esb1841

Beware the USA
UK settles WWII debts to allies

Britain will settle its World War II debts to the US and Canada when it pays two final instalments before the close of 2006, the Treasury has said.
The payments of $83.25m (£42.5m) to the US and US$22.7m (£11.6m) to Canada are the last of 50 instalments since 1950.

The amount paid back is nearly double that loaned in 1945 and 1946. "This week we finally honour in full our commitments to the US and Canada for the support they gave us 60 years ago," said Treasury Minister Ed Balls.

"It was vital support which helped Britain defeat Nazi Germany and secure peace and prosperity in the post-war period. We honour our commitments to them now as they honoured their commitments to us all those years ago," he added.

Deferred

Under the lend-lease programme, which began in March 1941, the then neutral US could provide countries fighting Adolf Hitler with war material.

The US joined the war soon after - in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbour - and the programme ended in 1945.

Equipment left over in Britain at the end of hostilities and still needed had to be paid for.

The US loaned $4.33bn (£2.2bn) to Britain in 1945, while Canada loaned US$1.19 bn (£607m) in 1946, at a rate of 2% annual interest.

Upon the final payments, the UK will have paid back a total of $7.5bn (£3.8bn) to the US and US$2 bn (£1bn) to Canada

Despite the favourable rates there were six years in which Britain deferred payment because of economic or political crises.

There are still World War I debts owed to and by Britain. Since a moratorium on all debts from that conflict was agreed at the height of the Great Depression, no repayments have been made to or received from other nations since 1934.

The last payments will be made on Friday, the final working day of the year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6215847.stm

I wonder how long Ukraine has been given to repay USA

Latest Posts

Top Bottom