Beware of thieves
This morning at 5.50 am I disturbed my neighbours house from being broken into ,well actually they were in the house taking cash when I disturbed them .

Cash was taken which was not in a secure place .
In dalyan this is rare but acts a reminder to us all that opportunist are about trying unlocked secured doors and helping themselves to cash etc

The guys I saw ....6 feet slim build small tash wearing a black t shirt and light coloured cap ....second one smaller 5-9 perhaps at most and stockier wearing a grey jersey type hoodie and black shorts ,the hoodie with no sleeves .

I disturbed them and sat awaiting translator with janderme .
A villa was also broken into close to use and lap,tops ,cash and iPads taken .

Be aware please all of security ,cash and night time Windows and doors

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Beware of thieves
It is also a good idea not to leave things in plain view. One of our guests in Bodrum years ago had her handbag lifted from her bedroom whilst she was at the pool. The thief did not even enter the house, he reached in through the open shutter and window. It caused us no end of grief stopping cards, report for lost passport etc. Keep important documents in a safe plac or with you in the bedroom at night.

Hilsjw

Beware of thieves
We have a small safe which is secured into the concrete floor. We keep passports/return tickets and money in there, taking out only the amount of cash that we may need for the day. We did have an attempted burglary some time ago but, being a light sleeper I heard him shaking the double glazed patio windows, trying to loosen them. He ran away when he saw my husband looking at him. It's a nasty feeling though.

hijo

in my own clique
Beware of thieves
......as Dave and bev mentioned 5.50 am..this is not an uncommon time for burglars .when you least expect it..

hijo

in my own clique
Beware of thieves
It is also a good idea not to leave things in plain view. One of our guests in Bodrum years ago had her handbag lifted from her bedroom whilst she was at the pool. The thief did not even enter the house, he reached in through the open shutter and window. It caused us no end of grief stopping cards, report for lost passport etc. Keep important documents in a safe plac or with you in the bedroom at night.

Again not uncommon ..in this hot weather people leave windows open...not advisable..

Briand

Beware of thieves
We have a small safe which is secured into the concrete floor. We keep passports/return tickets and money in there, taking out only the amount of cash that we may need for the day. We did have an attempted burglary some time ago but, being a light sleeper I heard him shaking the double glazed patio windows, trying to loosen them. He ran away when he saw my husband looking at him. It's a nasty feeling though.

Now everyone knows you have a safe with money in ??? when we lived in Turkey i knew a few people who had a safe bolted down who thought it was secure which it wasn't, didn't stop them from having the safe removed good luck.

Brian DV

Beware of thieves
Since an attempted break in about 6 years ago,again at 5/6 in the morning,must be the preferred time for the scumbags of the parish, we felt very insecure and aware of the least bit of noise.We got grills fitted no problem,the only thing keeping me awake at night now is the heat.Some will say they are easily removed,not that quickly to let the blaggers in and out,others say they can be used as a climbing frame,so what,the whole house is done so they won't get in and probably be knackered with the excercise.
Invest a few bob in your security and have peace of mind,I did and I do.

Beware of thieves
"Adopting"a street dog for the duration of your stay can help keep the toe rags away. In our small road 2 houses do not have dogs, and those are the ones which have had problems of this nature.

If you are holidaying and flashing the technology, cash and jewellry do not tell people where you are staying, just wave your arm in a direction and say oh up there somewhere!
I have known others have success with leaving a small amount of cash obviously visible so that the perpetrator grabs that and runs leaving the less obvious valuables behind.

dalyan is a beautiful place with very little crime and when caught the perpetrators are treated harshly.

juco

Beware of thieves
i knew a few people who had a safe bolted down who thought it was secure which it wasn't

Yes even the bolted down safes are easily prised off and they are usually small & light enough to be carried away and opened at their leisure.
Its also worth pointing out that most can be opened in seconds even if you dont know the digit combination.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Beware of thieves
The other problem with bars on the windows of course is that they can stop people getting out in a hurry in case of fire. It really pays to decide your strategy, which risks outweigh the others.

When we lived on a quiet site in Bodrum we bought the house with furniture. The dining table was set on a pedestal of 4 sides, the wings could be folded out or ;tucked up underneath the main bit. By sawing (with a jigsaw) the covering chipboard out. I had a very handy hiding place that could only be seen if you opened up the dining table and removed the extra leaves (not easy). When we were not in residence our valuables (in those days power tools!, and the odd kilim could be stored safely away.)

Hilsjw

Beware of thieves
Now everyone knows you have a safe with money in ??? when we lived in Turkey i knew a few people who had a safe bolted down who thought it was secure which it wasn't, didn't stop them from having the safe removed good luck.

Our safe was installed by a builder straight into the concrete using a kanga type of drill. Impossible to remove and I actually sleep next to it. So, come and try me you burglars !:gulme::gulme:

Beware of thieves
"Adopting"a street dog for the duration of your stay can help keep the toe rags away. In our small road 2 houses do not have dogs, and those are the ones which have had problems of this nature.

If you are holidaying and flashing the technology, cash and jewellry do not tell people where you are staying, just wave your arm in a direction and say oh up there somewhere!
I have known others have success with leaving a small amount of cash obviously visible so that the perpetrator grabs that and runs leaving the less obvious valuables behind.

dalyan is a beautiful place with very little crime and when caught the perpetrators are treated harshly.

Well meaning perhaps but not a quality solution. 'Adopting' a street dog so it thinks it's got a home only to be abandoned again a short while later!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom