holidayworld

Who Can We Can.
Beware of Some Estates Agents.
Just thought I would let people know that there has been problems with an Estate Agent called Bella who worked for REDTECH from what I've been told by a customer she has been RIPPED of by her for a lot of money.
Putting thousands on the price and also charging more than normal for Lawyers i.e. £1000 just to do her paperwork.

please people check Agents out before paying money out find out what they are like, we would have charged at least £5000 less and she is not HAPPY at all.

Sylvia

Their are a lot of good estate agents in Altinkum,and lots of rip of merchants, as i have stated before just be careful, word of mouth is better than using someone you have never heard of.

holidayworld

Who Can We Can.
Sorry I never put the area where this happened, it is FETHIYE.

When buying always get the full price with a break down on the prices, we always give them one price for property which includes Estates % and one for the paperwork whih will not go over £435.50 unless there is a problem but the customer get's informed on any changes befor it happens.

This is the time people get RIPPED off.

[?]

ivy

Not doing their business any good will lose more in the long run. Everything always comes out in the wash.

Why can't they still give the upset lady a price match?

Ivy

They are not the only ones for sure. I know many people not only the estate agents, waiters, shop owners, hotels, anyone on the street or you met in a bar just behind making money on this sort of things. It might have been you met the person ages ago. You may trust him/her. But it may not help. The thing you can do is ask for a total cost breakdown and compare it with others.

Barbie Doll

The only problem is that some people do not find out about forums until after they have purchased or never at all. I met a lot of people last year that appeared to trust so easly because they thought they knew the person well. We all make mistakes however some more costly than others.
Barbara

Anne

That's very true Barbara.
We were one of the lucky ones. We purchased through Taurean in Fethyie and Keith informed us of the forum straight away. This allowed us to make an informed decision and I'm sure saved us a lot of heartache.
Anne

Gail

I wish we had been a member of a forum before we bought, although we didn't get ripped off (thankfully) it would have saved us worrying as much as we did [:p] We were lucky and had a fabulous estate agent, we were his first foreign cutomers, that was three years ago and he still helps us out now, he has even learnt to speak English [:0] I think we are still his only foreign customers, he has had his business for many years and has a good reputation in the town. Heidi and Keith, Eileen Nazim, Speedy and Mushtaq Oh and of course Lynda, I nearly forgot her [:0] seem to give a good service and because of this people from forums will trust them and use them ;) and they will end up making a lot more money than the person who has ripped someone off then ends up with no customers, well I hope it works like that[^]

Gail:)

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
I agree with all that you have said -have said same myself before. Its is so sad it is happening but the property industry has always been a magnet for sharks you only have to look at Spain in the early days?? ( & now??) It about being sensible and thinking before you act.. would you hand over £50.000 to a stranger in UK ... nope but do it in a country where you do not know the laws or the language. No wonder we become targets for rip off merchants... we need to wake up. Hopefully the establish agents who intend for a long term business not a quick buck thing will push out the charletons by establishing there good reputation by honest professional selling.

Anne

I'd just like to add another point here.
We sent our money to Keith and Heidi at Taurean having never met them, never visted Calis and had only done our research on the net. [:0]
Yes, we took a big big gamble, yes we at times wondered what the hell we had done and yes were scared stiff we'd lose our money.
Sometimes though you just get a feeling that everything will be ok in the end and for us thankfully it was. Keith and Heidi were with us from start to finish with reassurance and help whenever it was needed. They're still there if we need them :)
You also need to remember that it must have been the same for them. Having just started up a new business to have a mad Scots wummin' (barmaidfromhell [}:)]) contacting them wanting to buy property and their not knowing anything about me either, never met me etc etc.
It takes an awful lot of trust on both sides to buy property in Turkey. For me my gut instinct proved correct and I'm sure if you research everything thouroughly, including your agents then you will have your little piece of Turkey to enjoy for the rest of your life.:D

rickshaw

Anne i bet Heidi is sticking her chest out and preening her feathers after reading your post. Hope someone wants to look after me like that when we come to buy in Turkey ;) Rick. :)

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Everything in life includes a little risk but not everyone can trust gut feeling. I just feel that just a little more thought on the part of buyers, a few more questions asked would be bettter. I remember I was overwhelmed by the responsibily the first time some one sent their money thru to buy property on my advise to the lawyer I recommended. I was like a mother hen watching the whole process driving everyone demented[:p]As I said there are some very professional people out there and this forum is helping in that but I know down here 10 estate agents opened offices this week and they will be "one week wonders" if you know what I mean.. but their offices are beautiful and the staff too[:p] I just hope there professionalism matches it. Cynical od biddy that I am [:p]

Barbie Doll

10 more in Altinkum Lynda, my god, I can remember the first year we went there was only one or two, shocked the next year to see so many because as we left 2002 signs had started to appear in quite a few places, fields etc and each year following this finding different shops taken over estate agents. I wonder what it will look like this year [?]

rickshaw

It says something then, all those estate agents opening up....there must be mega bucks to be made. Rick.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom