Maisie

Beware of Black and Brown People !
Well, I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion - even a magazine.

A few years ago this would not have raised an eyebrow. But since the UK has gone PC mad, this is now viewed as racist and defamatory to certain ethnic minorities. To a large extent, the article is only urging caution. However, they have probably gone a step too far (PC?) in actually voicing an opinion in such a descriptive way.

Maisie

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Well, I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion - even a magazine.

A few years ago this would not have raised an eyebrow. But since the UK has gone PC mad, this is now viewed as racist and defamatory to certain ethnic minorities. To a large extent, the article is only urging caution. However, they have probably gone a step too far (PC?) in actually voicing an opinion in such a descriptive way.

Maisie

Funny how the world changes Maisie , to us old uns sometimes it seems odd , but to the subsequent generations it just appears as the norm.

As a kid I remember the " no blacks , no irish no dogs " signs . Thankfully the bigots cannot use the first and second any more.

I presume to some that may appear as PC gone mad as well , but now thankfully it has been outlawed.

Steve

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Definately a bit of both here but I feel the main cause for offence is the fact that specific races have been mentioned as apposed to 'areas' to avoid.

Wherever I've been around the world, whether it be in USA, North African countries, many places throughout Europe and even Bejing when I was there a couple of years back, there are always parts of the cities that you're advised not to go to.

At the end of the day I think it's down to yourself to go where you want to go but at the same time, do everything possible to stay safe and not draw attention to yourself.

I was 12 years in Kuşadası and every market day, stallholders would find empty purses and wallets beneath their stalls when clearing up at the end of the day. Pick-pockets are everywhere worldwide.
I had a British couple take refuge in our restaurant totally shocked the day they'd seen a girl knifed and killed on the market and the ammount of gun-weilding young Turks that I saw there, not particularly on a market day, well, I lost count over the years.

Anyone can be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, any day of the year and fall foul of someone out to rob or kill. At the same time, thousands of people can be in that same area, at that same time and have a thoroughly good time.

Common sense advice is always welcome, but let's not encourage singling out any specific races.

Kanga

Who actually chooses Ealing Southall as a holiday destination???

kibris

Funny how the world changes Maisie , to us old uns sometimes it seems odd , but to the subsequent generations it just appears as the norm.

As a kid I remember the " no blacks , no irish no dogs " signs . Thankfully the bigots cannot use the first and second any more.

I presume to some that may appear as PC gone mad as well , but now thankfully it has been outlawed.

Steve

Beware of whıte people!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfQN9sOrI6g"]One rule for them... - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Hilsjw

Steve - I remember "If you want a ****** for a neighbour vote Labour" I told my children about this and they just didn't believe me !!!

Hilsjw

Blimey. I didn't type all those dots instead of the word ****** ! P.C. gone mad again !

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Did it have an n an i two 9's an e and a rrrr Hills ?

Yes i do remember it Hills and i honestly believe that the redneck haters of this world still believe it.

Interesting segment on Newsnight re Brexit in Wales by Thick Clegg earlier this week , it appears that to many of us oldies race and immigration is a big deal , but for the younger generations it is part and parcel of life and something to be welcomed.

I must say that around here a multicultural life is the norm , and i suppose since the
12 C with the Chinese and eastern traders , then the disenfranchised religious Europeans , and later the Jewish diaspora , London and the SE always has embraced immigration and in the main accepts immigrants regardless.

Got to say i do understand landlords who do not relish letting to pet owners , and yes we are pet owners.

Steve

Saoirse

No blacks, no dogs, no Irish-

I was always amused at the fact we were even below dogs in the racist thinking!!!

What if you were a black Irish dog

Latest Posts

Top Bottom