beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Beware - Aegean Flights
Hi Everyone.
Just browsing the web looking for the best flights for next year, and although Aegean have come up trumps for the best price for direct flights, there is NO baggage allowance and this is now charged at an extra cost of £6.00 per person for 15kg or £20.00 per person for 20kg.
Also they are yet again offering the option of booking your preffered seat with a company called Paxrelax, who are based in the Netherlands.
Be very careful with this situation. We booked our preffered seats with them before leaving from Birmingham this September, only to find out that Birmingham know nothing about this set up, and refused to give the seats we had paid for. Needless to say, we are now trying to get a refund from Paxrelax.
If anyone Knows any different to the above, please let me know.:17:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Beware - Aegean Flights
Re: Beware..........Agean Flights

Aegean Flights (Onur Air), brought Bagge Allowance charges in this year if you booked prior to 31st July for 2010 flights, you got the free baggage allowance, (well we have) thereafter charges were being applied.

beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Beware - Aegean Flights

You mean you booked July this year for 2010? or have I got that wrong?

martin m

Beware - Aegean Flights

Hi B.o.b
Must say i am perplexed about your experience with aegean and paxrelax, afterall they are mentioned on the aegean website.Aegean Flights :: Cheap Budget Flights to Turkey Dalaman, Bodrum from London, UK in the information section.
and we have been out and back twice this year and had no problems, however its always best to find a member of staff and inform them that you have prebooked as soon as you arrive at the airport.
martin

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Beware - Aegean Flights

When i tried to book seats with them earlier this year , i was told by Aegean that they don't use them anymore.

Jeannie

kernowians

Beware - Aegean Flights

We booked for May 2010 when the came out in May of this year and have free baggage allowance.

Beware - Aegean Flights
Re: Beware..........Aegean Flights

Aegean's summer flights 2010 "officially" went on sale on 2 June this year although some ccustomers managed to book when the company was loading the system at the end of May. Anyone booking before 1 July 2009 got the free baggage allowance.

EARLY BOOKING BAGGAGE
For 2010 Aegean flights will be charging for hold baggage. However as an added
benefit for booking early you will have 15kg of hold baggage included at no
extra charge if you book before 1st July

sheecat

Beware - Aegean Flights

Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if it is better to book early with Agean Flights or to wait untill nearer the time. I'm not going untill next August bank holiday and although I have found a good priced flight with them, is it likely to go up or down before then.

Sheena

Martyn

Beware - Aegean Flights

Not sure about now but it was definitely better to book earlier a couple of years ago from my experience.

thingthong

Beware - Aegean Flights
My experience is that they go up slowly,and if plane not full 2 weeks or so before departure they reduce them dramatically,chance you take .Mine went up to 346 this year,i paid 110 and one week before was available at 158.

Last edited:

soulmates2uk

gary and sharon
Beware - Aegean Flights
ive just been asked by a member to find flights from manchester to bodrum in june
if you dont mind crap times a direct flight mon 7th 1900-0115 with agean and return sun 20th 0110 0330 with t cook just £130.99 return
cheap flights are there but wont last long!

guinevere

Beware - Aegean Flights
we booked early for all next years' flights and got the free baggage allowance ,am just waiting for the cancellations and flight changes to come through now ,i won't be using aegean afetr next year .have just looked at easyjet and their flights are very cheap !

sheecat

Beware - Aegean Flights
Thanks to everyone for your help, especially the link to Pegasus. Now I know about the additional flights from Birmingham - Bodrum, I am going to wait and see what I can get with Pegasus, or see what competition there will be.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom