james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
Best Toilets in Yalikavak
If you are looking for a nice clean place to eat try the new Mercan Restaurant situated at the Mercan Story just before you reach Mustis.These are the guys who ran the Ali Baba for the last 8 years. The restaurant seves fantastic food with a very friendly service. They have built brand new toilets which are absolutely fantastic I know its weird to talk about toilets but they have installed what I believe are the very first disabled toilets in yalikavak + my wife told me in the ladies they have installed a childs toilet as well. Not only is the food good but its worth a visit just to see the toilets ( weird or what)

miela

I love the Ali Baba food as well, Im glad they decided to open up again. Altan was their chef last year is he still cooking for them?

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
I love the Ali Baba food as well, Im glad they decided to open up again. Altan was their chef last year is he still cooking for them?

Altan is currently working in a top restaurant in London but moves to Ireland shortly but rest assured the new chef has introduced some new meals & the food was wonderfull

Pete&Mag

Well ...If I visit them ,I dont want to just go through the motions...I want to have a good meal too ! Pete

Fendouglas

Gangless!
HOW SAD when what we have to start a thread about toilets in Turkey

I think that the state of the toilets can say an awful ot about the general hygene standards of an establishment - so I don't think it's at all sad that someone cares enough to bring it to the attention of the Forum

waterbaby

The food is excellent , staff are great and the loo's are fab. They have a baby changing facility which i believe is also a first for yali along with a mini loo for the kids.

Tess

I think that the state of the toilets can say an awful ot about the general hygene standards of an establishment - so I don't think it's at all sad that someone cares enough to bring it to the attention of the Forum

:roundgrin Must agree with you wholeheartedly Fendouglas, if the management care enough to have clean bathrooms I get the impression the rest is clean, also think it is fab to highlight the disabled facilities, I think threads like this are all part of the general knowledge to enable you to enjoy when you are there and be wise to things taking place when unable to be there!!! I'm all for informative threads!!

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak

I do not think its sad as the state of the toilet reflects on the restaurant & I like I am sure many others have seen disgusting toilets & not wanted to eat in that particular restaurant. I believe its good that a restaurant wants to be progressive & show they are thinking about their customers in particular about the building of a toilet for the disabled which is something I have not seen before so perhaps its not me thats sad.

JAYTEE

As a wheelchair user I think this is great news about the toilets. I have to bear in mind where toilets are situated when we eat in restaurants. Lets hope other restaurants follow suit.

The state of the toilets in a restaurant are very important as it's a reflection of their hygiene standards. Ate in the Mercan Story when we were over in April and they were just opening up. The food was just as good as it was in Ali Baba. Ihsan was very excited about his plans for the restaurant. Good luck to them.

Last edited:

I don't think it's sad at all, I have eaten in some places & then visited the loo, and vowed never to go back!

I do think the condition of the toilets is an indication of the cleanliness of the kitchen!

steve & sue

Why is it sad? if you didn't like the thread then you didn't need to reply!!!
This really annoys me sometimes on this forum how people don't like a thread but instead of ignoring it they have to make silly comments.

I for one agree with James & the others because I used to own a pub/restaurant in the UK & would drum it in to my cleaners & staff to keep the toilets immaculate as that would give people confidence in the general hygiene of the place & i always allowed anyone to inspect the kitchen if they asked.

GnD

Not sad at all appreciating the effort from the restaurant owners for supplying clean facilities.

I've found the absolute worse ones in Fethiye (Ladies and Gents separated by a 3/4 wall, which when tall provides no privacy and from the sound of the guy using said facilities he was definately NOT WELL - possibly from their food. Cracked rotten tiles and taps.) Would usually walk out but had all held out from Saklikent trip. We refuse to EVER eat there again. So it pays off to provide good quality.

Pete&Mag

I don't think it's sad at all, I have eaten in some places & then visited the loo, and vowed never to go back!

I do think the condition of the toilets is an indication of the cleanliness of the kitchen!

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm curious about this place now. I assume its very near to the windsurfing school pier just before Mustis ?? Pete

Pete&Mag

I am grateful for these small ,but practical bits of info about the village i visit. I dont go often enough to have the in depth knowledge of a permanent resident. As has been mentioned,good disabled facilities are more than mundane ,for those who need them.
Pete

Tess

:roundgrin Redhand, not wishing to split hairs blah blah and please take this in the manner it is intended. Just me being curious and by no means contentious but what kind of threads do interest you ??? Sorry to be direct but now you have me curious :roundgrin

miela

If you check on the website of any local government authority, certainly my local authority and under Environmental Health, they have the scores on the doors where they rate the hygiene standards in stars 1 - 5 and they give you a guideline of what to look out for to make a decission on whether to eat in a particular restaurant.

General state of repair of the toilets is high on the list, and standard of hygiene. It then states that a restaurant with dirty toilets means that their hygiene standards may extend to the kitchen and personal hygiene. It reminds you that the staff use the toilets in most cases also, so if they haven't noticed the toilets are dirty they may not have noticed that the kitchen is dirty. So I believe that it is a good indicator of the general hygiene standards of the management.

Well done Ali Baba for being so progressive and showing you care about your customers.

Cumbalie toilets are lovely and clean and have little things you can spray to freshen up when you have used them.

Also Musties toilets are lovely and clean and nicely decorated.

Haven't really tried anyone elses toilets so cant comment.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom