GnD

Best meal I have had in Koycegiz
HA! I clicked on to learn if it was the Hotel that Ercan had taken us to, it was very good and stunning views!!!

But caught out by this title along with Ian's re Disney1!!:p BLONDE!!

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Sorry was feeling a little left out by the other threads promoting restaurants lol.

pembelu

Am curious to know who do you all think does the best pide around these parts then?
we rarely eat out but actually i am curious.We went to a sennet meal and party off ortaca main road recently ,forgotten name right now and food was fab. nicest tasting stuffed vines leaves i have had since my mother in laws in mid summer.
But always curious to see the salads as every place does them differently - but this place got it all right. has a nice garden too....

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Which side of the road was it as you head to Dalaman.If left side after turn in the road leaving Ortaca then it was probably the Botanic Gardens. Large dining room inside and covered dining areas in the gardens seperated by paths with water feature running through it. Dont know the best pide place just use Istanbul in the small street where the market starts.

jcrian

The Penguin just past the fish shop do a good Pide. We usually have cheese but ask for tomato,onion and peppers to be added which they do at no extra charge (3tl including salad) Also they have 'Koycegiz water' which is ice cold and free.

pembelu

hi yes its Botanic gardens then on the left as you head to dalaman. The music group were great- the best i have heard at a small party.We were inside mainly and i noticed a big fire kinda of thing in the middle- cant wait to go back there in winter and sit beside it.
Re. pide- yes penguin was lovely and ok priced - the one opposite- dont know name ripped us off a while back (we sat down to eat) and even my turk hub wasnt impressed with service, cleanliness of stuff and price for what we had- hence not going back.
If anyone has tried the fish place opposite lake id love to know what its like- in or out of season we have been curious for years but never made it inside!

jcrian

I've been once and they didn't have any fish on the menu!!! So why call it a fish restaurant??

My sister has been again but bad service, her meal arrived after her friends had eaten theres, so will definately not be going back there again

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Its called the Thera I think , never been in myself but others I know have . Bit pricey but ok they said.

CJD

we had eaten at the Thera a few times with Ians sister
so we were known to them, the meals and service had been
fine. However the last time was awful 2 tables that arrived
after us were served before us, only 2 main courses
arrived the 3rd turned up after we were finished when
we complained as to where it was the guy just shrugged
and pretended he did'nt speak english despite having
chatted quite fluently to us before. when it finally arrived
it contained only 3 prawns and was nothing like we'd had
there before, more shrugging so we paid and left feeling