mangrego

best eye hospital
Hi

any views on this would be appreciated, can anyone shed any light to as what they think the best eye hospital on the Aegean coast is? i have a eye problem and need to have monthly checks for 6 month,s, i believe Izmir is the best place, has anyone had any eye treatment? I will be living in Altinkum from September.
Have had some recommendations in Izmir, other views would be appreciated as well.:42:

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
best eye hospital
Yusufs father had a corneal implant in ─░zmir eye hospital two years ago ..his eyes are really awful but they have managed to save some vision..he's a diabteic and now end stage renal failure..so the little sight he has is precious.
Turkey has some of the best eye hospitals in the world.

pebble

best eye hospital
Good luck, both my niece and nephew recently had lazer surgery in Izmir, i can get the name of the clinic and doctor for you, I spoke to him about my lazer surgery that was done in 97, and should i have it redone etc, he said not yet, seee if the eyesight gets worse than a -1 (i went from a -10 to perfect vision, but in the past 2-3 years started getting blurry vision -etc., and just started wearing a -1 myop glasses,) no big deal, just when i drive and watch movies. There is something to be said when doctors are honest with you and dont encourage you when you know they are in it for the fee......that's been my experience anyway...
but if you are in altinkum, you might want to take advantage of what is closer to home.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
best eye hospital
My friend went to Izmir for laser eye surgery and was delighted with both the cost and the care/after care she received from them.

akbukcyd

best eye hospital
I have had eye surgery in Bodrum but am not totally happy with results so may try the eye hospital in Kusadasi. My friend also had surgery in Bodrum and she had a similar outcome. I have been told it will be a year until my condition sorts itself out but it is really frustrating having more problems than when you went into hospial!

Ian

best eye hospital
I had mine done 6 wks ago ( Intralase Wavefront ) with the new FS60 laser at Kaskaloglu eye hospital as they are the only hospital down here with the new FS60, excellent job, see link to the website, if you need any more advice get back in touch.
KASKALOGLU EYE HOSPITAL

Mushtaq

Founding Member
best eye hospital
I had mine done 6 wks ago ( Intralase Wavefront ) with the new FS60 laser at Kaskaloglu eye hospital as they are the only hospital down here with the new FS60, excellent job, see link to the website, if you need any more advice get back in touch.
KASKALOGLU EYE HOSPITAL

What are the prices like?

Ian

best eye hospital
Mine was just under a grand ( GBP ), you can get cheaper op's with the more outdated laser's though, I also had wavefront which add's to the price.

pebble

best eye hospital
Wow Ian, Kaskaoglu sounds like a great place.
It's clinics like these that deserve our word of mouth, in light of your experience, i think this one is definately one for the books.
Isnt it great waking up and beeing able to see everything crystal clear?
It was the best money I ever spent when I had mine done.

Ian

best eye hospital
Wow Ian, Kaskaoglu sounds like a great place.
It's clinics like these that deserve our word of mouth, in light of your experience, i think this one is definately one for the books.
Isnt it great waking up and beeing able to see everything crystal clear?
It was the best money I ever spent when I had mine done.

Sometimes a shock seeing who lay's beside you when you do wake up !!, but that's another story !!!.

mangrego

best eye hospital
Hi all

Thanks for your reply's they were very helpful, the only problem is i have a condition called Central Retina Vein occlusion which is a stroke in the eye, at the moment i am under the hospital in England, they have said they are very doubtful that i will regain my sight !!, they have told me i must have monthly checks to make sure complications dont arrise or this could cause a stroke, heart attack or Glucoma? they have told me i may need Laser treatment to burn away the new blood vessels that may grow so its not the usual laser treatment that most people have. obviously i am very worried i am only 47 and this happens to people from the age of 64 onwards. Could anyone give me the names of the hospitals either in Izmer, Kussadasi, or bodrum so i can do some research.
thank you all again

Ian

best eye hospital
Hi all

Thanks for your reply's they were very helpful, the only problem is i have a condition called Central Retina Vein occlusion which is a stroke in the eye, at the moment i am under the hospital in England, they have said they are very doubtful that i will regain my sight !!, they have told me i must have monthly checks to make sure complications dont arrise or this could cause a stroke, heart attack or Glucoma? they have told me i may need Laser treatment to burn away the new blood vessels that may grow so its not the usual laser treatment that most people have. obviously i am very worried i am only 47 and this happens to people from the age of 64 onwards. Could anyone give me the names of the hospitals either in Izmer, Kussadasi, or bodrum so i can do some research.
thank you all again
The address is shown in the thread.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom