dawningram

dawn ingram
Best Beach in Altinkum?
Hi,
i'm fairly new to here as we are in the process of buying in Didum (and no it's not turning out to be straight forward!) -just wondered if anyone out there could give advice on the beaches as there's more than one... our place is just off Ataturk Boulervard near the Carrefour so the main beach is nearest ... but is it the best? and if not do we need to get the Dolmus to alternatives, where from etc? Going out there on Fri for a week so would appreciate a little knowledge on this as I fully intend to enjoy as many days as poss (weather permitting!) doing nothing more than sitting on the beach. Many Thanks.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Best Beach in Altinkum?
hi there, we stayed in hunters valley a couple of years ago and used to walk to the main baech. in the height of the summer it does get very crouded and noisy. If you want a quieter time catch the dolmus to 3rd beach whic is just past the didim beach hotel . There is a couple of bars / cafes there and also water sports. try and fit in a boat trip they are very enjoyable and relaxing. hope you have a nice time

Regards

Eve

Martyn

Best Beach in Altinkum?
We stay near the Carrefour and have sampled most of the beaches. Our favourite is a Dolmus ride away. Just catch the Yesilkent Dolmus from around the Carrefour(same side of the road) right to the very end of the route. Walk down then to the beach past the small shop on your left, about 5 minute walk.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Best Beach in Altinkum?
Hi,
i'm fairly new to here as we are in the process of buying in Didum (and no it's not turning out to be straight forward!) -just wondered if anyone out there could give advice on the beaches as there's more than one... our place is just off Ataturk Boulervard near the Carrefour so the main beach is nearest ... but is it the best? and if not do we need to get the Dolmus to alternatives, where from etc? Going out there on Fri for a week so would appreciate a little knowledge on this as I fully intend to enjoy as many days as poss (weather permitting!) doing nothing more than sitting on the beach. Many Thanks.

This really all depends on what you expect from a beach.Do you want a long sandy beach with easy access to the water without the stones and with the many amenities just a walk away from the beach.lf that's the case then the main beach is the one to go for.

Or what about the third beach,which is away from the center and amenities but is more laid back with the view of the marina and a few good restuaruants on the sandy beach,also easy access to the water and ideal for bathing in safety.
The second beach also has the amenities there but l think it is a little smaller then the main beach.

Between the main beach and the third beach is another one that is so laid back with just one restuaruant with farm animals running around,but the beach is stoney,so it is best to take some protective footwear along when bathing.[l forgot what it is called]

dawningram

dawn ingram
Best Beach in Altinkum?
thanks all for that advice.. very grateful to you for taking the time to help... I think we'll try main beach 1st then head out to 3rd if we feel a bit crowded! Many thanks

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Best Beach in Altinkum?
It really depends on what you call "best". If you want something less crowded and very peaceful, Martyn's right. Yesilkent is ace. No stones in the sea, shallow for miles so great for kids,
3rd beach is nice too, but I heard some bad reports about it last summer so we didn't visit it once.
Main beach? .. Bah, its for those who don't know better :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom