brummietony

Best appartment property buy in Altinkum ?
Me and my friend have been recently looking at some two bed "off plan" complexes in Altinkum ranging from 30k to 45k.

The companies are The Right Move Abroad, Didum Sun and Oracle, who are all members of APP.

We were told by all companies, these properties would go up by about 12% per annum.

However, what we did see is "numerous" complexes (around the Apollo Temple area) and therefore what is the likelihood of these properties achieving 12% appreciation and is it best to buy a 2 bed at 30k with THe Right Move Abroad or Didum Sun or a "better" finish build and facilities with Oracle at 42500 to 45k ?

Also is the golf course in Didim actually going ahead soon and when is the Marina Road going to be "revamped" ?

Your comments are much appreciated.

David Hayes
England

carolk

R.I.P
Hi David

The chance of any property going up by 12% per annum is a joke at the moment. There are thousands of empty apartments new and resale. Its sales mumbojumbo!!

I was at the Marina yesterday and its still a right mess, they would have a problem attracting a fishing tub let alone a yacht or cruise ship!!! Sorry, don't know anything about golf courses. I think you should use the search at the top or read some of the current problems people are having regarding their properties and Tapu's.

I would not buy until after all this mess is cleared up and you have a list of exactly what you need from the seller paper wise, before shelling out a cent!!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Me and my friend have been recently looking at some two bed "off plan" complexes in Altinkum ranging from 30k to 45k.

Don't even consider a off-plan.The ongoing problems later will cost you your mental financial to deterriate.You will be better off in buying a re-sale.ln the long run it works out cheaper

The companies are The Right Move Abroad, Didum Sun and Oracle, who are all members of APP.

We were told by all companies, these properties would go up by about 12% per annum.

They have been telling the client that for years and found the properties have either deterriated which de values the property,or the way they have built so many properties that have been left unsold,will not increase in price,but will devalue in price,because the market is saturated.
They want your money and they will groom your mind to believe them.
Don't do it.Rent first and look around the area to get a feel of it.

However, what we did see is "numerous" complexes (around the Apollo Temple area) and therefore what is the likelihood of these properties achieving 12% appreciation and is it best to buy a 2 bed at 30k with THe Right Move Abroad or Didum Sun or a "better" finish build and facilities with Oracle at 42500 to 45k ?

l saw two beds in good nic,only 10 minutes walk to the sea,fully furnished for 25,ooopds.

Also is the golf course in Didim actually going ahead soon and when is the Marina Road going to be "revamped" ?

According to what l heard last year it should be fully revamped by Oct' of this year.lt doesn't mean l believe what's been mentioned

Last edited:
"We were told by all companies, these properties would go up by about 12% per annum."

Hi Dave,
Don't believe what they tell you, they're sales people you know! They will tell you anything to get a sale.
In the current market nothings going up!
Property prices are dropping just like they are here in the UK.

Our apartment value has dropped £12k in the last 12 months and we are in a great area 5 minutes from Third beach with views of new marina.
In 2005 we were told that we would be also over looking the new Golf course in Altinkum. Now it seems they are constructing it near Akbuk instead.
:boohoo:

martin m

Re: Best "off plan" appartment property buy in Altinkum ?

Hi Tony
The smartest move in my oppinion would be to avoid off plan, the reason being is that 5 years ago you bought off plan at a price say 20% less than what the projected asking price would be when the property was finished, fine there are people who did this very succsesfully, however at the moment properties are not really selling at the rate that they were, in fact theres a glut, hence the reduction in asking prices ( for the people who want to sell).
The other thing to consider is just browse on this forum and check some of the horror stories concerning Tapus (deeds), habitation certificates, it is a major concern making sure all these are obtained, correctly. The best way for my money is to buy a property that is at least key ready or resale, and where you can ask to see the particular paperwork before you agree to purchase, this is only my opinion and one or two people may disagree but for every 1 that does ten will agree.
one more thing you mentioned Oracle, well i am a massive fan, we purchased from them in 2006 and when i read some of the things that have happened and indeed are still happening to buyers, i realise how efficient and proffesional they were, everything and i mean everything was done correctly, the tapu was through very quickly, and it had the correct purchase price on it and it had the x in the correct box for habitation certificate, those three points alone have led to many a sleepless night for many people,yes they may be a bit more pricey but the build quality is fine also.
Whatever you decide good look but be carefull.
martin

Sarahlou

Hi, I agree with everything already said. There are numerous empty new apartments all over Altinkum in addition there are so many problems in getting your tapu and it actually being right. I bought off plan 2.5 years ago as an investment, money paid and there is no sign at all of building on my property even being started at the minute and I don't foresee it being built by the end ofnext year. Thread very carefully.

Tavey

grantlvt

Why Altinkum ? There are loads of better places to invest in Turkey.

Brits buy because its cheap and now its being hit harder than other areas because its so reliant on the British Property market.

In the current climate I would be haggling hard and getting more than an apprartment for 45K.

Cheers:roundgrin

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
All very negative responses. Not ALL builders and agents are the same. I won't go into our particular details here as it will seem i am advertising and the lines are blurred as to what i can say.
Please do not buy from The Right Move Abroad that is all i can say.

scattea

On paper my place has gone up in value this past year, but i'm in Belek (golf) but is does not mean I will actually be able to sell it.
My advise would be to travel independently and barter hard.
There are lots of properties being sold by the owners without the commission of agents, get a good lawyer and buy a place that's already been built..

maxine366

Look in to buying a resale. with all the correct paperwork and then at least you will be able to enjoy the holiday home you buy.
Some great properties around. just check the forums.
Good Luck
Maxine

Hi David

I live not far from the ApolloTemple area and over the last two years I have watched hundreds of empty apartments being built around the Temple.

I live in a quiet area nearby well away from apartments but have reduced my 4 bedroom villa from £60,000 to £55,000 to reflect the current market situation. I live here and in my opinion there is no property increasing in value at the moment. If there was I would not have reduced mine.

Good luck with your search and remember there are bargains to be had and some of the bargains have all their paperwork in place which is far more important than price.

Veronica

parrot

David save yourself some money,I'll tell you anything you want to hear,make any promise you want me to,swear on a religious relic and call you my friend for much cheaper than you have been quoted shall we say £35k,This is as good as any offer you are likely to get,I am also open to bartering by the way.

croftj

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Increasing 12% per year - I don't think so may be more like depreciating 12% per year

There are thousands of empty properties so if you are serious about buying i would visit and if we had our time again we would go for a resale as we have had nothing but hassle since buying in 2005

We are one of the many who have had a bad experience and will be going public on our builders antics very soon

sbunyip

hi tony i also would look at resales i bought from oracle on the royal marina complex and am veryhappy with my puchase oracle are superb oracle also do resales good luck have a good look round before you buy jeff

GreenBhoy

Turkey Fan
Brummietony

Not sure you have heard - you should have if you are the brummietony that I'm thinking of from the rightmove abroad forum, but The Right Move Abroad ceased trading on Friday 12th June, no joke.....

Tony

Ann58

We also bought with Oracle and cannot praise them enough ie. Tapu with correct box, after sales and answering e-mails.

If you cannot get them to take less for the property, do like we did and ask for air con, security bars and shower screens to be thrown in (some of their properties have these as standard) or anything else you can think of. Remember its a buyers market.

Hope this helps.

MrFOG

On paper my place has gone up in value this past year, but i'm in Belek (golf) but is does not mean I will actually be able to sell it.
My advise would be to travel independently and barter hard.
There are lots of properties being sold by the owners without the commission of agents, get a good lawyer and buy a place that's already been built..

hiya. when you say your property has gone up on paper, how do you mean exactly? from everything i've read the whole world has taken a battering and prices have dropped everywhere - so what makes belek exempt?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom