immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Bercow to Labour
Try reading my post again, I didn't say that, or are you just making stuff up again ?
Apology accepted.
Trying to be helpful - why don't you put your own ideas down rather than relying on copy/paste? It might help you to develop your arguments and understand what you are showing us.

Ian

ps Reading round the papers, Conservatives are so amused by Bercow's move. The best line I have seen so far is that rats usually leave a sinking ship, and don't jump on board.

Chasey

Bercow to Labour
I think you are entirely correct

All this move does is further illustrate how welcome elitists and establishment undesirables are in Starmers Labour
Bercow is the son of a Taxi driver Jewish immigrant father? Rumanian or Latvian, I cant remember which.

He got his first class degree in Politics & Government at Essex University

Strange person, to consider the Elite?

He's worked as a merchant banker and ran a business teaching public speaking also teaching the subject.

Saoirse

Bercow to Labour
which part of that description negates his egotism social climbing and downright fraudulent tendencies

Chasey

Bercow to Labour
A tick turd trying to get into the House of Lords. It won't work unless Labour are in charge !!

He joined Saatchi and Saatchi in 1988 aged 25 and was on the board of directors 5 years later?

Only person to be elected speaker of the house without ever being deputy speaker, only person to be elected speaker four times under four different priministers

Not bad for a tick turd

Chasey

Bercow to Labour
which part of that description negates his egotism social climbing and downright fraudulent tendencies

none of it

it negates the "elitest" accusation as intended

Don't get me wrong, I have no great love of John Bercow, I just don't like rubbish being posted as fact

Hes a working-class boy made very good by his own efforts. A child of the Thatcher era when Thatcher said Equality of Opportunity NOT equality of outcome. I loved her for that

No doubt he had to fight hard against the establishment Elite to get where he's got to

Like me, he was a right-leaning Tory party supporter who in later life has started leaning more to the liberal left.

He joined the Labour party this year

Last edited:
Bercow to Labour
Makes me wonder how long he has been contemplating this change. Before or after Jersey Corbyn nominated him for the Lords?

Saoirse

Bercow to Labour
none of it

it negates the "elitest" accusation as intended

Don't get me wrong, I have no great love of John Bercow, I just don't like rubbish being posted as fact

Hes a working-class boy made very good by his own efforts. A child of the Thatcher era when Thatcher said Equality of Opportunity NOT equality of outcome. I loved her for that

No doubt he had to fight hard against the establishment Elite to get where he's got to

Like me, he was a right-leaning Tory party supporter who in later life has started leaning more to the liberal left.

He joined the Labour party this year
My problem with his type is like many social climbers who forget where they come from and would step over their dead mother to join the elite- they are often much worse than the born to privilege types

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Bercow to Labour
That little bastard would sell his grannys pants to progress.
Career politician and a snake.
Labour deserves him.

Last edited:
Bercow to Labour
If anything I would’ve put him jumping to the middle ground, the Lib Dem’s.
Seems totally ignorant as to how most of the country see it.......not that he would care, they just don’t.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom