Sailor

Benitez in trouble!
I'm amazed no one has been on to see what is happening at Liverpool. Losing at home 3 - 1 is not what potential champions are made of. Bookies have stopped taking bets on Benitez to be first manager to go in Premiership this season. Any thoughts on who will be first to go?

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
Benitez in trouble!
hi
have to agree something is wrong at anfield, but i think first out of the door should be the brazillian DONKEY lucas. i mean lets face it he is total pants and always has been. but i dont think you can right the pool of just yet. it was only last season man u lost 4-1 at home and im sure they won the league. as liverpool proved its not all about how many you lose its about how many you WIN

Sailor

Benitez in trouble!
Ok point taken, but the expectations are so high this year,And yes Lucas should go,really don't know he persists in playing him

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Benitez in trouble!
Rafa not going anywhere he picked the right team for what he had to choose from (well except maybe Lucas) we played the best footy had most of the possession, had most shots on and off target, made the most tackles etc etc.... the boys let themselves get beaten by not putting away the chances, and the Ref didnt help!.......... but we will bounce back.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Benitez in trouble!
I'm amazed no one has been on to see what is happening at Liverpool. Losing at home 3 - 1 is not what potential champions are made of. Bookies have stopped taking bets on Benitez to be first manager to go in Premiership this season. Any thoughts on who will be first to go?

Its a close thing between David Moyes and the fat waiter.

Benitez in trouble!
I enjoy seeing Liverpool's discomfort as much as the next Chelsea fan (though possibly not as much as a United fan...) but its a bit early to call anything at only three ganes into the season.

Personally I think Benitez has always been a lucky manager rather than a good one but I hope he doesn't get found out any time soon so that Liverpool continue their level of just about better than mediocre.

However I do envy Liverpool's consistency and, I suppose, loyalty. Chelsea's record of five managers in as many seasons is not good. Not good at all.

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
Benitez in trouble!
hi
i have to agree with some comments but i think being lucky is a bit harsh. as everyone is aware liverpool have a few financial problems and in order to compete you need funds and you as a chelsea fan should understand that more than anyone (no roman no chelsea in top 4 lol). on the other hand the funds he has had, have been used to try and get strength in depth. and feel he would have been better spending on 2 top quality players than 4 mediocre lucas top of donkey list.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Benitez in trouble!
I hope he stays, I actually find him amusing !

and thats a fact !!!!!!!!

martin

Martyn

Benitez in trouble!
I was on a Liverpool forum and they were discussing who were the biggest threat to Liverpool winning the Premiership, some wag said Lucas :lol:

Sailor

Benitez in trouble!
Gerrard will not be happy,after signing on for rest of career he must have expected big names to come in and it has'nt happened. Liverpool have spent a fortune in the last ten years so monet should not be a problem if Benitez wants to get the mix right.And Lucas is definitely not part of that!

Benitez in trouble!
(no roman no chelsea in top 4 lol). .

I know I am rising to the bait and should know better but people do forget that Chelsea had been making good strong progress before Roman. We had finished in the top four for the two seasons before Roman saved us (we were second that season), and had not had a finish outside the top six for the previous eight years.

Which isn't to say that Roman's money didn't make a huge difference but there was momentum there anyway.

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
Benitez in trouble!
I know I am rising to the bait and should know better but people do forget that Chelsea had been making good strong progress before Roman. We had finished in the top four for the two seasons before Roman saved us (we were second that season), and had not had a finish outside the top six for the previous eight years.

Which isn't to say that Roman's money didn't make a huge difference but there was momentum there anyway.

well it took longer than i thought but im glad to see that you stick by your team........lol steady progress or not without romans money could you have seen chelsea winning back to back titles and making a champions league final (all be it stuffed up by terry lol........) I DONT THINK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!:114mf:.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Benitez in trouble!
Joe

not bad, but we havent done bad either, 11 from 17 premierships, 2 champions leagues (sorry mate) various other minor trophies like the world club, fa cups etc.

you wouldnt believe the amount of people who put us down because of our success.

I was in congleton the other day and a little scroat aged about 9 asked me who i support, so i told him ... he started singing songs about citys 5 - 1 win from 20 years ago ! wheres that come from ? i explained that the following year we put 8 past them ! and he called me a f***in red liar !

anyway bring on the arsenal, we need a good game to get our season going !

martin

jimskem

Benitez in trouble!
If only the football banter followed the the same style as Martyn and P.T.P.,
I feel sure more members would post on the football threads.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Benitez in trouble!
Would really like to see Hull do well this season and get established as a top side.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom