flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Benefits of Sweating
A sauna is a great way to detox the body.I used to go to the local swimming baths years ago to have one. I built my own in the back garden using a shed attached to the garage ( cost approx 450 pound added about 4000 pound to house price). Funny dont get in it much now ( just lazy i guess).

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Benefits of Sweating
lt was a really hot day in Akbuk,due to the very dry hot atmospheric temperatures we were having lately.There were many people in close quarters at the restauruant l was in and everyone was sweating,even with the fan on.

People started to wiggle their noses and looking at each other to see who was the smelly one.With an odour that makes manure man smelling more sweeter then this gross stench,is something to talk about .lt was the most hideous of smells anyone had smelt, and on the scale of the mothers of all smells.

One guy,pop his head out of the window and said,"OH MAN"!,someone's deodorant isn't working.

l was sitting just a few feet from him,l replied,"it can't be me",because l am not wearing any.

Last edited:

Tess

Benefits of Sweating
Due to dry atmospheric temperatures internally, cardi on, cardi off, duvet on, duvet off, fan on, fan off - How much longer does this blasted "Woman Thing" Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Benefits of Sweating
I don't know but I'm getting a double dose of it.

The 1st Mrs KKOB had it, now the 2nd Mrs KKOB's putting in me through it ! :wink:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Benefits of Sweating
Tess, Jackie says it's been going on for a bout ten years in her case, however she saw Boyzone with Ronan Keating on Thursday night and appears to be experiencing a an intensification of symptoms. Hmmmmm.

Keep cool, Steve.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Benefits of Sweating
Well, I never had children and my Doc tells me that I'll not go through this hot/cold/manic woman thing, I'm 53 and waiting. However, back to the thread, I live less than 5 mins walk from our very well equipped Sports Hall, and every Thursday evening I have the most wonderful Sauna, been doing it for at least 15 years and my skin feels great. So no Detox, Botox etcetera, the Sauna works for me, love my Thursday, me time, it's bliss.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Benefits of Sweating
Sunny Seasider I never had children either I had a overy removed . But still hot & cold Hubby was Freezing in Feb i was Hot ! Then told him to warm my feet . He thinks its because i'm English ... lol . it lasts for 10yrs or more . I'm my own sauna
Diane

carolk

R.I.P
Benefits of Sweating
Due to dry atmospheric temperatures internally, cardi on, cardi off, duvet on, duvet off, fan on, fan off - How much longer does this blasted "Woman Thing" Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon, mine lasted 2 years lol. :kafa: Isnt it just terrible? A fan at the side of the bed was a great comfort to me!

Martyn

Benefits of Sweating
Tess, Bridget has been going through it for years, she's 54 now. I woke up freezing in the night with the duvet thrown off :lol:

Bridget just said what works for her is a 4.5 tog duvet all year round and a quilted bedspread on top which I can pull up for extra warmth.

Last edited:
Benefits of Sweating
Well I,ve been in and out of the shower so many times today that I,m in danger of developing webbed feet.
It,s been really hot and humid here in Kas and I,m probably burning up a bit too.

Soo

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Benefits of Sweating
Sunny Seasider I never had children either I had a overy removed . But still hot & cold Hubby was Freezing in Feb i was Hot ! Then told him to warm my feet . He thinks its because i'm English ... lol . it lasts for 10yrs or more . I'm my own sauna
Diane

We appreciate, dogs are much better, they don't ask "where's my inheritance going while you're having fun", lol

Benefits of Sweating
Well I dont know if its my age or the weathercausing the "tropical moments" lol I bet BTK did not expect this thread to be taken over by us (women of a certain age)!!

saffie

Saffie
Benefits of Sweating
Women of a certain age????

I'm nearly 57..........been sweating for years.............does it ever end??????

I bloody hope so as I'm nothing if not persistant!!!! Am hanging in there!!!:37:

saffie.

Tess

Benefits of Sweating
I had a hysterectomy aged 55 still having sweats at 71 day and night.

Aggghhhh, I have lost the will !!!!!

So sorry Bob, but you know us gals opportunists and hi jacking a thread, I'm sorry that is my fault, didn't really mean too, so sorry hon!!!

My history:
Developed Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Pupura - unknown destruction of platelets.
Hysterectomy at 35, ovaries left,
3 year treatment for platelets, spleenectomy - platelets perfect now.
Felt first effects of menopause approx just before 40.
Coped not too bad,
47 now, think from memory past 2 years the worst. Or is it 3, or maybe 4, what a tough gal I am LOL!!!!
Another consequence Ladies, memory erratic
Please Please Please not till 71 like Woodspeckie, Im sorry you are still suffering Woodspeckie.

On a lighter note gals any of you entering that wonderful!!!!! (NOT) phase in your life, it isnt constant, comes and goes, somedays its all day somedays you never feel it, bit like that I think.
I think it is hard to cope with if you were like me a bit of a cold rife being, loved my heat and it would have been warm when you really felt it, hated winter and the cold, now!!!! full circle, love a cool air, your internal thermostat really does crank up and hits when you least expect it.

Anyway Gals, one day at a time!!! Could be worse and so glad to be here to be going through it, thats for sure.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom