TCJ

Benefits Britain - Life on the Dole
Yet another post about state pensioners. We're getting proper recognition today ... oh sorry, missed the last four words - its an historical piece I suppose.

Last edited:

oldfogy

Just passing through
Yes same here, also looking forward to it.

Don't forget it's also shown again tomorrow on (Virgin Media 152) Channel 5+24

What do people think will be the outcome at the end of the program?

My thought is that all the migrants will still be able to keep claiming.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Yes same here, also looking forward to it.

Don't forget it's also shown again tomorrow on (Virgin Media 152) Channel 5+24

What do people think will be the outcome at the end of the program?

My thought is that all the migrants will still be able to keep claiming.

Nothing will ever change with the same old cliques in power OF.

TCJ

It is about time the Wiltshire subsidy junkies were subject to TV exposure. Country folk demanding to have a "universal service at same price" - post, gas, elec, water, sewerage, etc. - which everyone knows is uneconomic and only possible by the city dwellers chipping in more than their share. Except probably for sewerage. They may well keep that in Wiltshire for their diabolic rural purposes.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
It is about time the Wiltshire subsidy junkies were subject to TV exposure. Country folk demanding to have a "universal service at same price" - post, gas, elec, water, sewerage, etc. - which everyone knows is uneconomic and only possible by the city dwellers chipping in more than their share. Except probably for sewerage. They may well keep that in Wiltshire for their diabolic rural purposes.

With Bristol being the slum area of Colston and being mostly benefit dossers I really can`t see what said city dwellers could possibly contribute to the pot. My internet is slow tonight, well below 30mbs. You city dwellers, who can afford it, must be getting far better speeds ? Important things like that are what matters here in the country.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
There has been a huge outcry as the programme is planned to include Blackpool. Now being a tourist area does have a high percentage of seasonal work, or not after November. We live in the village of Thornton, some 9 miles or so away and we may as well be a hundred miles as that is how much it does differ. There are a lot of Polish and other Eastern Europeans who do work so hard during the season and tend to disappear to their families back in their home country in the Wintertime.

I will be watching too, with interest.

Last edited:

evo80

They also have another one called SKINT . Set in Grimsby. The fishing industry there has near enough died . only thing that gets me is they seem to have plenty of money to get Bladdered in the pub.?

Spurs

Spurs
There is one thing very noticeable about these programmes, its not restricted to one part of the country, its nationwide. Worrying to say the least.

The poor who live in these "zones" have no chance in this life, its beg, steal or borrow.

evo80

There is one thing very noticeable about these programmes, its not restricted to one part of the country, its nationwide. Worrying to say the least.

The poor who live in these "zones" have no chance in this life, its beg, steal or borrow.

It is sad ,no doubt about it . I thank god I was a product of the 60s when I married bought a house and was never out of a job .

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
They also have another one called SKINT . Set in Grimsby. The fishing industry there has near enough died . only thing that gets me is they seem to have plenty of money to get Bladdered in the pub.?

So far the cost of fags don`t seem to be an issue. Or keeping animals.

Spurs

Spurs
I think if we don't get a grip & put some sustainable industries in these areas, it wont be long before dustmen start to deliver down some of these roads instead of collecting.

I have given up on watching these programmes but would it surprise anyone if the producers were not slinging them a few bob to go & get beers & fags?
I did catch the last bit of one about Grimsby. Completely had the balls ripped out of the area because of the fishing industry. If blokes have been in that game "man & boy".....it must be devastating for them. Plus the bloody price of fish now!!!!!

oldfogy

Just passing through
Well we're now 45 minutes into the program and TBH my opinion so-far is 'what a waste of time, yes I understand what it's about, 'unemployed and not being able to live the life they want to live.

The trailers I saw advertised beforehand were about the BG and Polish people and the way they were still claiming and sending back to their country their money, that is what I wanted to see, to see if there had been any change.

Yes I feel for some of the people, but there are thousands of people in their situation, so nothing new here.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I think if we don't get a grip & put some sustainable industries in these areas, it wont be long before dustmen start to deliver down some of these roads instead of collecting.

I have given up on watching these programmes but would it surprise anyone if the producers were not slinging them a few bob to go & get beers & fags?
I did catch the last bit of one about Grimsby. Completely had the balls ripped out of the area because of the fishing industry. If blokes have been in that game "man & boy".....it must be devastating for them. Plus the bloody price of fish now!!!!!

Is that not due to EU fish quotas ?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month

Sustainable industries ! What ! and decimate the cheap labour market, heaven forbid.

Martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom