Sha Hoorsur

Behave keep your cloths on
Quite right Foxy, serves the little hussy right. Showing off her boobies and causing that massive earthquake.
Good job she kept her pants on.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Do Malaysians not like seeing girls boobies and things ?
Are they all gay ?

Kingfisher

Indecent exposure and urinating in a public place. And we are expected to feel sorry for the poor young things?

No respect for themselves or for others. Why do Brits abroad keep up this offensive behaviour?

Last edited:

pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
It would appear that there are a lot of "holier than thou" folk on TLF nowadays.
The only thing these did was to publish the photo. Who can hold their hands up and honestly say that they have not urinated when they were out in the wilds ?(my bladder was never strong enough to last more than a few hours ) .
How many of them went skinny dipping in their youth?, I did, but we didn't have digital cameras in those days.
These kids were out in the wilds they were not in the town centre FFS

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Oh to be young.I think we all did some devilment when we were in our teens,I certainly did.But I take your point Foxy.If you want to strip naked in the wilds then take the consequence's.A few days or weeks in the local nick will give to their experience of being abroad.As for 10 buffalo's,give me a break they wern't worth more than 2.
Trev.

I think she is a silly little girl, but we've all done daft things in out youth

Just to play devils advocate, what about British culture where it is offensive to many to see women covered head to foot, with the face completely hidden?

If it's respect of culture, it should be a two way steet

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Their english speaking guide explainded as to why they should not do as they did. It is reported that he also explained the pertinent exactness as to the mountain and it's spiritual relevance to certain believers.

They ignored his repeated entreaties to desist , and therefore must be held to account.

A couple of weeks in detention and a publicised expulsion from the country , dressed unglamourously as prisoners should deliver an unequivocal message.

A public apology as they leave the country , full of contrition should be elicited.

Some countries have strange customs , however i am sure that we could find equivalence in the UK.

Bad behaviour , poor show from allegedly educated tourists.

Firefox posted

Young Brit abroad again . Do not these people know that in some countries bad and stupid behavior results in punishment.

Stick them in Malay Jail for a few months teach them about life and decency more then their GaY teachers and Moronic Uin back home.

Arrested Girl 'Upset And Scared' Over Nude Pics

As to the gay teachers i , obviously bow to your experience , never came across one myself .

Steve.

Last edited:

Kingfisher

I wonder how people would feel if a horde of foreign tourists started stripping off their clothes and taking photos of themselves peeing around Lady Di's grave??

It is a question of respect.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I think she is a silly little girl, but we've all done daft things in out youth

Just to play devils advocate, what about British culture where it is offensive to many to see women covered head to foot, with the face completely hidden?

If it's respect of culture, it should be a two way steet

What they did was quite idiotic but being offensive is a one way thing in some of these "up their own arse" cultures.....

teosgirl

It was a sacred site, a holy ground where the locals believed the spirits of the dead roamed. These young people must have known this - they had a tour guide. Can you tell me honestly that you'd strip for fun in the equivalent of someone else's graveyard? It's a unesco national park, not a random mountain top, plus it's Malaysia; a conservative country where these people totally disregarded the local culture and beliefs.
The bottom line is they knew nudity would be offensive to Malaysians, they knew the site was considered holy ground and still they acted disrespectfully for their own pleasure (though I still haven't quite figured out what's fun about stripping naked for a photo shoot on top of a spooky mountain) and now I hope they're having fun.

An important lesson learned, and yes I agree, Brit teens in general need to have more respect and less of the selfish attitude of 'it's harmless fun'.

Also, important to remember that an earthquake killed 16 people a few days later and whether you believe the 'spirits' were unhappy which triggered the event, the locals DO, so they will be angry and upset. In Turkey when locals slaughter sheep for the purpose of 'honouring God' we accept it, we have to respect their beliefs whether we agree with them or not, not belittle them and disregard their feelings in their own country.

Charlotte

Maisie

Forgive me here - I think I am missing something. I could not see any naked people. Only people dressed as on a beach maybe? Or are all the pictures not shown in the linked article?

Also, whilst I go along with the feeling that one should respect customs in whatever country you are in, how can a whole nation actually believe that a few silly tourists stripping off in a certain place can cause an earthquake?

I thought we were in the 21st century now.

Maisie

Maisie

Thanks for that link.

One has to wonder at the mind set of these people. Why did they feel compelled to take their clothes off? Very strange.

However, I still go along with my last post. Disrespectful maybe - but to spirits? Angry spirits causing an earthquake to kill many of the country's nationals?

Sorry, this incident has nothing to do with natural seismic occurrences. I'll bet geologists knew about this eruption long before this group of tourists appeared. Eruptions are normally tracked long before they happen.

Yes, they were stupid and will have to face the consequences of their actions. But why do I seem to be the only one who sees this as only a public order incident? They probably did offend other nearby tourists, but I am afraid that had I been in one of these other groups, I would have just ignored them. What they did would not have been appropriate at any tourist attraction - for example at the Parthenon. But angering spirits? Sorry.

Maisie

SLEEPY

So she was accused of causing an earthquake by posing naked on a sacred mountain and has been chucked in jail.

Her defence lawyer is claiming that if she's found guilty, the country will be hit by a devastating tsunami.

Top Bottom