Fastlady

Beechams/Lemsip
Gunaydin all you lovely TLF members, wonder if anyone can help...I woke this morning (well, difficult to wake when you've been up all night with a runny nose) to a streaming cold. I should have expected it as my mum, who returned to the UK yesterday, had the same cold last week. Doing my dutiful daughter bit I gave her my Beechams All-in-One Cold & Flu tablets and my supply of Lemsips....so now I'm in need of replenishment. I don't suppose it's possible to buy those here in Turkey so I wonder if there is a Turkish substitute?

I'm sure somebody will come along and tell me to make my own by boiling lemons and add honey etc etc, but I really would prefer a nice unhealthy full-of-chemicals formula that I can take now...:35:

Thanking you in anticipation....sniff sneeze

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Beechams/Lemsip
Yes, you can get a similar product over here from chemists.

It's called TYLOL and comes in either a powder form in sachets to dissolve in water like Lemsip or as a tablet.

corinne

Yalıkavak
Beechams/Lemsip
Tylol Hot is really good but be careful, I think the paractemol content is higher than in Lemsip and it makes you sleepy. Take it at bedtime.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Beechams/Lemsip
All they do is dry the cold up. I rarely get a cold, but when I do I buy a few fresh lemons, slice them up and bung them in a large pan. Pour in a bottle of lemonade, and add a few spoonfuls of honey. Let it all boil up and drink it at intervals. You can keep topping it up with more lemonade. Its also a lot nicer than Lemsip :)

ted j

Beechams/Lemsip
If your'e realy bunged up, try otrivine (it's a nasal spray) you can buy it over the counter. It works by constricting your swollen nasal blood vessels. So if your nose is really blocked, in 99% of cases, it clears it. It takes about 5 minutes to work(don't get worried if it blocks your nose up even more during this time) .But do stop using it once your cold has gone. Ted

bethx

Beechams/Lemsip
Gunaydin all you lovely TLF members, wonder if anyone can help...I woke this morning (well, difficult to wake when you've been up all night with a runny nose) to a streaming cold. I should have expected it as my mum, who returned to the UK yesterday, had the same cold last week. Doing my dutiful daughter bit I gave her my Beechams All-in-One Cold & Flu tablets and my supply of Lemsips....so now I'm in need of replenishment. I don't suppose it's possible to buy those here in Turkey so I wonder if there is a Turkish substitute?

I'm sure somebody will come along and tell me to make my own by boiling lemons and add honey etc etc, but I really would prefer a nice unhealthy full-of-chemicals formula that I can take now...:35:

Thanking you in anticipation....sniff sneeze

You can get the exact same beechams all in one cold and flu tablets as in the uk from most chemists.

Hope you feel better soon :nosepick:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Beechams/Lemsip
You can boil a little lemonade with a paraceptamol added to it and a sqeeze of lemon juice . works just as good as flu powders , But Tylol is also very good . The home made one is good if you can't get to the chemist or its closed ,,,Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom