carolk

R.I.P
Beckie and Taffy on 'This Morning' with Phil and Fern, re - Tapu Scandal
I received this today, maybe people would like to email 'This Morning'.

Hi Ya'll

We have been speaking with Beckie, this last few days, and as you are probably aware Beckie and Taffy have been invited on to the t.v. show "this morning" with Phil & Fern - to discuss the Turkey Tapu Scandal.

We thought, for some extra support for Beckie and Taffy, it would be a good idea if we all e-mailed thismorning@itv.com sometime over the weekend - (so it gets to them first thing on Monday morning) - to give them our stories. We believe, Beckie & Taffy will be going to London on Tuesday to appear on the Wednesday show.

We think this could possibly do two things:

* Confirm the fact that Beckie and Taffy will tell them that there are many more people in the same position as them - and are all getting very little help or interest from anyone in authority.

* "This Morning" have their own legal people - who will be looking at this (to protect theirselves - during the show) but, who just might be able to either offer help/assistance or put us in touch with someone who can help.

Many thanks to you......

Obviously, if you can pass this e-mail onto anyone else, that you think suitable to e-mail itv - all the better.

I have put this on a thread of its own because I was asked to.

I originally put it on the petition thread.

Martyn

Hi Carol

Are they discussing the issue regarding having to get the right box ticked on the tapu or other tapu issues?

carolk

R.I.P
Martyn, its about the whole property fiasco from start to finish but, particularly about the fact that they have lost their apartment to a loan shark because of the problems of people selling title deeds more than once. Despite going to court, if you remember, the court ruled against them and the new buyer sold all their furniture and was allowed to keep the title!!

Just highlighting the whole property mess here!!

Last edited:

tinkyman

lets just hope they dont scare too many people or none of us will sell a property again out there. perhaps being a little more guarded with who they bought from in the first place might be more prudent than scaring everybody off. things are bad enough without adverse publicity. thanks for the email address as I will be sending an email to the contrary to hopefully persuade them to show both sides as our buying experience has been excellent as have probably 99% of the total purchases

PASH

lets just hope they dont scare too many people or none of us will sell a property again out there. perhaps being a little more guarded with who they bought from in the first place might be more prudent than scaring everybody off. things are bad enough without adverse publicity. thanks for the email address as I will be sending an email to the contrary to hopefully persuade them to show both sides as our buying experience has been excellent as have probably 99% of the total purchases

99% may be a touch optimistic, though i agree with your sentiments regarding scaring people off.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
I shall watch the programme with interest, Becky and Taffy have been through a lot and I suppose in their shoes I would do everything I could to get some kind of reparation.. However I am going to unplug my phone to avoid all the calls from "friends" and family saying "Did you see This Morning, are you sure your doing the right thing " ? etc etc etc........

chris

Well i have sent an e-mail to this morning, I have to agree with Icebern un pliug the phone.

i have emailed "this morning" and am sorry to read some of the replies.It is unfortumate some are so narrow mined that they do not see the whole picture. Altinkum will never be truly promoted as a great place to buy while this problem continues to develop out of hand. We bought from a "friend" who we had bought from before and holds down a VERY important job, and who we trusted but this did not stop him from deceiving us from the very begining even though he knew my husband had months to live. He should not have sold it as it had debts owed to the tax office, and they were about to sell it at auction, we have had to get a solicitor costing £10,000 and trust me i do not need this added hassle. however this person took our dream away, we cannot look forward to going out as we have no electric because they have not paid electric on other properties(not ours i might add as we paid it in his name by direct debit). i'm afraid like Beckie and Taffy i will do my upmost to bring these few greedy scum bags to justice. are we saying that people that get mugged or broken into should keep quite so as not to put people off , their is only one way to sort the problem and this is to remove all these dishonest builders,estateagents and solicitors.

red

How awful!!!!!! I don't care if people are put off buying in Turkey by exposing the cons, then again I don't want to sell. My heart goes out to people who have lost so much I know how they feel - but my expereince of loss wasn't in Turkey.

let me clear things up here WE DO NOT want to put people off buying(although i never would again) the point of us going on the show is to make HONEST purchasers like myself who may i say has 4 kids whose future money investment and holidays have now disappeared to unscruplious greedy b*****ds and my hubby and myself have to continue working numerous hours and never see each other or the kids much to cover costs of this nightmare. the show isnt just about turkey but about cyprus and spain.

i cannot believe that some people can be so insensitive to other peoples problems just because you have had a good experience there are thousands that are in similar situations to ourselves and i sincerely hope you never have to go through what we have.

we are going on to tell our story and to say that we want the turkish government to change the buying procedure for foreigners also that builders should be made to give some financial security for governments to hold just incase they do get into financial difficulty that way the foreign buyer will get some monies back, by doing this you will only have reputable builders coming forward and people may still have their apartments debt free and not sold on to others

who needs enemies when you can have friends like these

I don't believe the arrogance of some people who are willing to put their selfish interests before the genuine needs of others who have been taken to the cleaners, are going through a living nightmare and want to alert TV viewers to the outrageous scams and frauds that are going on in this lovely country and how in many cases the law does not support them. Are these people really saying "Dont expose these scamming no-good sharks because it may affect my chances of selling my place." It seems to me they are. Well, shame on you. Thats the same argument as telling a car company not to recall its cars because they have faulty brakes because it may stop me selling mine if people know theres a problem. In other words, put everybody else at risk just so I'm OK. If everybody had that attitude major law breakers, fraudsters and scammers would never have been brought to public attention because they are in the minority and most people/investors have been happy and not affected. Of course, thousands of people have been happy with their house purchase, me included, with four happy years here so far and many more hopefully. But that doesnt mean This Mornings viewers - and hopefully the rest of the media who will no doubt follow-up the story - shouldnt be made aware of the horror stories which are out there and how to try to avoid them. TV news bulletins, TV factual shows, newspapers etc would be full of blank pages if all you wanted was "good" news. Major changes in the law, worldwide, have only been made by campaigns to outlaw wrongdoers - including holiday companies, loan sharks, drugs companies, MPs expenses - by exposing the minority so the majority won't suffer. Thank God people havent adopted this "I'm Alright Jack" attitude so dont rock the boat, otherwise we'd still be being kept in the dark instead of being told of what could happen if we deal with the wrong people. I am sure that any exposure on ITV will not stop people wanting to live their dream in Turkey. But hopefully it will make them more aware of some of the pitfalls to hopefully avoid and checks to make before they hand over their hardearned dosh. We should be giving these guys as much support as possible, not trying to brush badness under the carpet for selfish reasons and personal gains.

Lets hope that Becky and Geraint are given the opportunity to raise peoples awareness to the fraudulent actions of some agents/emlaks/builders,and that the Turkish government will look at the buying/selling process to foreigners inorder to protect these buyers.
I have e-mailed the programme as like many others I have been deceived by my builder.......not in the proportions that some have,but deceived never the less.
There has to be more security for buyers in Turkey,to ensure that they are not victims like the ones we read of daily.
A good agent/emlak/builder today is not guaranteed to be the same tomorrow.

Beckie

I had a really good builder and an excellent buying experience in Turkey. My house is for sale and I would like buyers to be aware of the pitfalls they can face and I have nothing but admiration for you being willing to share your experience to help others.

I sincerely wish that you and your family had been fortunate enough to have the same experience we did. People on here are aware of your story and the majority support you.

Veronica

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Let me start by saying that I am wholeheartedly behind Becky and Taff and let me say AGAIN in their shoes I would do probably do the same.

I do not have a property to sell, in fact mine still in the early stages of being built, so who knows what I will have to face in the future, thats why I will be watching the programme with interest.

Re : my comment about unplugging the phone... I know that I am going to get loads of calls from people here in the UK asking/telling me that I have made a mistake, I can do without that thanks.

At the moment I still have a dream, time will tell if it is going to turn into a nightmare. Anything that can be done to stop that happening has my vote and undivided attention. I AM NOT insensitive to others feelings,I AM NOTpart of the "I'm All Right Jack" brigade far from it.

All the best to you Becky and Taff I hope it goes well for you and THANK YOU for being brave enough to do this.

kale

hi beckie boo
i for one think you are doing a fantastic job out there and i agree with everything you have said about your children, and what you are trying to do for their future, unless these people have been through the same situation, then there negative comments will only fall on deaf ears as far as all these victims are concerned, if any one does,nt like it then tough. don,t watch it .
good luck beckie and kind regards from another property victim,

Tess

Beckie and Taff, I have been following your story for a while now, you deserve to have your say!!
I have a fair investment in the area and I am happy for you to try and highlight the pitfalls to buying.
I am more than happy for you to get the exposure you deserve because I am hoping that it will change your situation for you and that is what I want for you and will be rooting for you, keep strong and do what you can to try and change the horrible nightmare you are suffering, Sharon x

nanamo

Beckie and Taffy-we will be watching the programme and we want you to know you have our utmost admiration and resect for standing up and speaking out. We consider ourselves to be educated people - we bought from an Emlak who came highly recomended, we did our research and we were duped too. We have lost our life savings, our childrens inheritance and our dream of living in the sun with many of our warm and kind Turkish friends. Something has to be done not only for us already caught up in the scam but for those who are considering buying into this wonderful country. We thank you from the bottom our hearts for all your efforts. We cant see the difference between posting the situation on here which is an open forum, open for anyone to log from anywhere in the world to read the stories or from going on TV to speak about it. Maybe, some people will be put off buying for a while but they will be back once they recognise that it is safe to buy and their chances of being ripped off are reduced as the situaton would hopefully have been addressed by a few who were willing to stand up for the rest of us.
Good luck Beckie and Taffy, we will be with you in spirit. Molly and Steve

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Wish you all the best Becky and Taff.

It's terrible what can happen to Buyers and there seems no law to protect our investments and dodgy builders, glossy sales blurbs from emlaks and so many false promises. This matter needs to be dealt with so the Buying process is clear for all and all Builders, sellers should need to conform to a given standard. Think it's important you highlight this matter so no more people buying holiday homes in the Sun get their dream ruined. Good Luck, I sincerely wish you well on this quest. Well done for bringing the matter to light.

When is the show? day/time/channel in U.K?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom