KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
BBC Prime on Digiturk - Lost The Plot !
Anyone else noticed that BBC Prime seems to have totally lost the plot now?

They've got announcers telling us that a programme's about to start, the online schedule says a different programme should be on, and then an entirely different one starts !

And, why have Hallmark Channel announcements now changed to Arabic ?

Is it me ?:eek:hwell:

carolk

R.I.P
No KKOB its not just, I don't know what to make of it myself - BBC Prime is complete rubbish and I'm sick of the repeats on Digiturk altogether. I wish there was a reliable alternative!!

Kusann

Yes its driving us mad keep missing antiques road show it the only thing we hav`nt seen.
Hallmark not sure who they are taking too.......not us.

hahha...thank goodness for that..i thought i was hearing things on the Hallmark channel,i was afraid to say anything in case i was hallucinating ..and as for the BBC Prime..well i think they are hallucinating..if they ever lose the old scripts they can contact me..i know them off by heart
İ'm off to learn a bit of Arabic now thats been cleared up.

suzyq

Thanks for posting that, I thought I was losing the plot.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Right, now I know it's not just me, I've sent them the following email !

You've got announcers telling us that a programme's about to start, the online schedule says a different programme should be on, and then an entirely different one starts !

Come on, get a grip !

Any odds on whether I get a response ? :lol:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Just for your info and it might help, Prime is now being shown on the Arabic channels of Show. This I think is why times have changed. Not sure about Hallmark.
We are seriously investigating getting TV via our PC and getting it to go to our Telly. This if we can do it will work out cheaper and better than, Sky, Digiturk, Show and any of the other suppliers. Will not have to rely on getting someone in to adjust etc when things go wrong.

As for Prime well we all know they lost the plot a long time ago. Now for something extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The Making Of ..........................

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
.....................Gin? Vodka, or Whisky So they had better make some new ones.

Karyn UK

I disconnected my satellite box a month ago and just watch stuff through the pc connected to the tv now. I only watch tv for a couple of hours in the evening and so channel 4, itv and bbc iplayer are enough for me...BBC Prime is too annoying.

K

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Wasn't zone reality on 83? It's moved to 86, can't imagine why. But yes Digiturk is getting on my wick. I like the films but prime and a couple of other channels are wall to wall repeats. Sometimes a series ends and immediately begins again. We are wondering if the internet TV is a better option.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Same here i dont know whether I am coming or going with Eastenders and Corrie so now i read the updates on line and just watch it for the sake of it if i catch any. But according to im indoors there is a God.......when in Egypt recently laid up with a bad back and even unable to walk to the nearest bar for the match and with a completely useless tv reception and channel........what should come on. Bloody Liverpool match!!!! Grrrr.....lol.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Wasn't zone reality on 83? It's moved to 86, can't imagine why.

It hasn't moved. It's still on 83, Channel 86 doesn't exist. :eek:hwell:

I like the way that they make the announcement that Eastenders has moved to a 9.15 start immediately after you've watched it !

I love the warnings of bad language before the start of Only Fools and Horses.

Prime's response to complaints is that the programming is designed for Expats but for people on holiday,business travellers or people learning English. Now get out of my pub!

JET

I disconnected my satellite box a month ago and just watch stuff through the pc connected to the tv now. I only watch tv for a couple of hours in the evening and so channel 4, itv and bbc iplayer are enough for me...BBC Prime is too annoying.

K

Our Daughter and Grandson are moving out of our house to another (around the corner) and she has already removed her Sky Box, computer and other IT equipment, which we have always regarded as part of our furniture.

Unfortunately she works for Sky and where she goes the equipment goes with her. No more ...recording alternative programmes, watching late night (early morning) films, three games of live football on a Sunday, ordering Pizzas through the TV and seperate `E` Mail and Forum indentities.

We are back to basics with Channels 1 to 5 and - Oh! I love this...sharing my laptop with Ian. So far everything has been great, as I can watch anything I want, read Ian`s mail (in and out) correct his spelling and finally, ensure that he gets into bed at a reasonable time; I`m sure there are other advantages but it`s early days yet.

I wonder how we shall keep entertained in Akbuk.......

Bibby

Ferretbrain
It hasn't moved. It's still on 83, Channel 86 doesn't exist. :eek:hwell:

Hmm, That's odd, I cant get it on 83. If I try it switches to 84. And I looked it up on the Digiturk site and it says it's on 86 now.....

And I have tried it and it IS on 86 (here in Uzumlu anyway:dil:)

Last edited:

bickern

They have all moved down on mine, I went to history and thought they had stopped showing.

They must have shifted them all down 3 for a reason.

80 shows then press down arrow and it goes to Nat Geo on 84

The adverts where you have to use the control to dismiss are annoying me on Digiturk, because my other half will leave the control stuffed down side of the sofa or somewhere and I have to go looking for it or I may have moved to another chair. A real pain.

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Wasn't zone reality on 83? It's moved to 86, can't imagine why. But yes Digiturk is getting on my wick. I like the films but prime and a couple of other channels are wall to wall repeats. Sometimes a series ends and immediately begins again. We are wondering if the internet TV is a better option.

Hi Bibby, my zone reality is still on 83!

bickern

Now that is really strange.

I have just checked on mine they have moved and on mine it is 86. Not that it is a big deal but I wonder why some have moved and others have not. 80 is horse racing 81-83 are not listing then 84-89 have programmes.

Just done easy install and re-installed all the channels. It may be that all the boxes do not update at once so those that have boxes that have the old numbers 81-86 have not updated yet.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom