ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Batten Down The Hatches!!
Meteorology officials said tsunami-like giant waves of up to 7 meters are expected to hit the western Black Sea shores of Istanbul near the northern Bosphorus entrance at Kilyos and Demirciköy.

Here

C

hijo

in my own clique
..some really strong winds here in kusadasi at the moment..:sick:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The wind's getting up a bit down here in Fethiye too.

teosgirl

Meteorology officials said tsunami-like giant waves of up to 7 meters are expected to hit the western Black Sea shores of Istanbul near the northern Bosphorus entrance at Kilyos and Demirciköy.

Here

C

oh don't say that! We're heading to Istanbul tommorrow and always take the ferry at yalova :( I'm not looking forward to 7 ft waves on the way.

That and the snow, it looks like it could be quite an adventure:rockon:

Charlotte

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
winds rain storm and power cut earlier..............nice day if you're a duck

teosgirl

winds rain storm and power cut earlier..............nice day if you're a duck

Yes that's what we have here today (near Izmir) and the power cut earlier too!

Oops, haha had to read the report again.
Kilyos is far away from the marmara sea so hope it will be fine, got my fingers crossed!

Charlotte

hijo

in my own clique
.. no power cuts ,,even worse iv,e lost my sky signal..:drama:

matty

No power cuts as of yet!!..But very windy and plenty of rain:19::19::fish2:.

It's been raining since the early hours here, but much warmer than yesterday. The dog did what she had to do in double-quick time!!!! Just had absolutely torrential rain - like a monsoon - and no electricity for 35 minutes. The bay is brown with the wash-off and from the look of the sky there's more to come!!! Definately the weather for a duvet day!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
It's been raining since the early hours here, but much warmer than yesterday. The dog did what she had to do in double-quick time!!!! Just had absolutely torrential rain - like a monsoon - and no electricity for 35 minutes. The bay is brown with the wash-off and from the look of the sky there's more to come!!! Definately the weather for a duvet day!

Is the dog doing what she had to do, and the bay being 'brown with the wash-off' connected? :p

C

alison09400

Well we eventually got the power cut in Kusadasi this morning around 10am...was off for about an hour. Couldn't sleep last night for the noise the wind was making :(

Regarding Kilyos, a tanker was broken in half a few days ago as it was thrown against the rocks...it's pretty wild up there.

Is the dog doing what she had to do, and the bay being 'brown with the wash-off' connected? :p

C

Well if it is then she must have had a very iffy tummy!!!!!:5:

The mountains are just up behind the town and whenever it rains soil gets washed down; the street drains run out onto the beach in front of my apartment and it's amazing how quickly the sea is discoloured.

Looks like we got back to uk in time then. Missed the snow as we were in Turkey and now missing the rain there. Isn't it early this year, thought it was bad February time or has the climate change changed it?

maggie

Pouring all night here in Akbuk and the sea is so grey.Water pouring down the storm drains from the mountains and it feels so chilly today.

Indoor water feature in my dressing room but apart from that and the outside pergola we seem pretty water tight.

Not going anywhere today still in my PJS .

Pity coz I wanted to go to the Pazaar but I quess maybe its not on today.

Hugs Maggie xxxxx

Lynn2

lynn2
very windy here in Didim too, couple of short power cuts, started raining last night, still raining early this morning and still is !!! I assume it rained all night........... new Marina road will be washed away !!!!!!!!!!!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Looks like we got back to uk in time then. Missed the snow as we were in Turkey and now missing the rain there. Isn't it early this year, thought it was bad February time or has the climate change changed it?

Lesley as you know you also missed the storms before Christmas too! rain this bad is usually later on, in Feb as you suggested, well at least in my recent experience here!

it was very bad overnight loads of flooding again and its still raining. nice

Latest Posts

Top Bottom