ihutch

baring it!!
Can I please ask that when people come to Dalyan they stay appropriately dressed for the location? For example Dalyan is NOT a seaside town, therefore people who live here do not want to see all the white wobbly bits walking around shops and restaurants, the beach is for baring it all, not the village. Going shopping in Migros and following behind some bare chested, beer bellied person with arm pit hair hanging over the cold food cabinet is really not on, in fact it is disgusting. As far as the ladies go, any age needs to stay covered until to hit the beach, please .......... after all this is Turkey, not Blackpool.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
baring it!!
Going shopping in Migros and following behind some bare chested, beer bellied person with arm pit hair hanging over the cold food cabinet is really not on, in fact it is disgusting. As far as the ladies go...

I'm glad you cleared that up - I thought you were talking about the ladies!

Ian

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
baring it!!
I'm glad you cleared that up - I thought you were talking about the ladies!

Ian

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, you're just being picky - my wife and her sisters look great in their bikini's anywhere.....

2m85tt4.jpg

mmmmmm yummy...

C

dstearn

baring it!!
I too find it very disrespectful the way some people are dressed when they go to town. I think that it is somthing that started happening in UK during the heatwave 6 or 7 years ago & it now appears acceptable. I didn't find it so in UK, although I lived in a holiday area & I certainly think it is awful in a country where many people are practising Muslims

stevecarol

baring it!!
Going shopping in Migros and following behind some bare chested, beer bellied person with arm pit hair hanging over the cold food cabinet is really not on, in fact it is disgusting.

Well try Carrefore then:gulme::gulme:

Last edited by a moderator:

kaplumba

baring it!!
I go to a holiday resort where very few Europeans visit. I prefer to remain fairly covered until I am firmly on that beach bed. The ones in the flimsy, revealing outfits are the Turks themselves. That's fine by me although I agree that I hate to see blokes wandering in the supermarket without shirts and that is something Turkish men don't tend to do. There are far more worrying things in this world than how people dress. Oh and the original poster has been a member for nearly a year and has yet to introduce himself.

Gail

baring it!!
These kind of posts always give me a little laugh as it is generally NOT the Turks (muslims) that get offended by what people are wearing they are just keeping their fingers crossed that they are going to put their hands in their pockets or bikini bottoms and put some money behind their tills during the six month they have to make their living. Dalyan may not be a seaside resort but it is a holiday resort and all the leaflets I have seen advertising it don't have ladies covered up and men wearing
jumpers!

:lalala::lalala::lalala::lalala::lalala::lalala::lalala:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
baring it!!
"Dam",been caught out again,airing my armpits over the freezer cabinet.As for the belly,my brain is not in command of what my belly does and so l give the belly the freedom of what ever it wants to do.
l won't go into the other details,because l have a lot of self respect when in public.:eyebrows:you know wat l mean 'Arry

Last edited:

Moggycat

baring it!!
While I agree entirely with what you are saying, I really think we are flogging a dead horse, it happens everywhere, not just in Dalyan. I find it quite repulsive to find I'm staring at a semi naked, fat, hairy body in shops, resteraunts and even on the bus in Bodrum area. These people just have no self respect and none for anyone else, regardless of Nationality or Religion, they are on holiday and that is it! Most of them wouldn't even know that Turkey is a Muslim Country!! Moggycat

kaplumba

baring it!!
I was a little frosty to the first poster simply because of the tone of his post. I would think most of us on here are seasoned visitors to Turkey and know full well how to behave and dress. I just felt very offended at being told how to behave especially as I would not dress in that way anywhere. I agree that some visitors to Turkey do not follow a sensible dress code and I don't like to see it either. However I don't think many of those visitors are members here. He could have been a little more sensitive in the wording of his post. I just found it very irritating and condescending. I still stand by my remark of there are far more troublesome things in this world than how people dress.

littledave

littledave
baring it!!
i love wobbly bits... if it wernt for my wifes wobbly bits and theres a few of them i wouldnt have had my kids.. i find smoking whilst in restaurants etc more of a threat than wobbly bits... after all you dont have to look, i do thou.. but with smoking we are forced to passive smoke... my rant is complete.

baring it!!
Maybe theres a case for yet another telephone complaint line to be set up for people so disturbed by unsightly flesh...a sort of Dial 888 for Wobble Watch! Although Migros do have signs in English and Turkish saying T shirts or other appropriate tops must be worn I dont think they have yet mentioned hairy armpits.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom