leslicat

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi everybody, my name is Leslie. I bought a property relatively close to Tuzla Lake. The complex is gorgeous, it has a private beach, and great facilities. I just wanted to ask you about rentals in the area. I have been told that because of the golf courses, we could be expecting in the near future all year around rental. It sounds too ambitious too me. Any thoughts?

tjd

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi there,

Might be rentable in the future, but for now it's slow out there. Not very popular with foreigners, probably viewed as remote, but is quite a popular area with Turkish people.

I've seen advertising for the Bargylia - Regnum dev, whereabouts is it?

Good luck!

biggles

biggles
Bargylia-Regnum
yes its a bit too far away from places like bodrum /yali/turg. ok for the airport . maybe as said in the future.

leslicat

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi thanks for the comments. Do a google search bargylia regnum and you willl seee the complex.
From Artev offices I drive as if i were going to Turquoise, lakeside, flamingo etc developments. 5 km later i take a road to the left (not paved) and the dev is up the hill.
Thank heaven I am not counting on rental income now. Im just enjoying the place and the beauty of the sorroundings.

Andy

Bargylia-Regnum
Lucky you Leslie and yes enjoy it while you still
can as it's bound to get sought after later on.

Oh & welcome to the Forum.

Andy

tjd

Bargylia-Regnum
leslicat said:
Hi thanks for the comments. Do a google search bargylia regnum and you willl seee the complex.
From Artev offices I drive as if i were going to Turquoise, lakeside, flamingo etc developments. 5 km later i take a road to the left (not paved) and the dev is up the hill.
Thank heaven I am not counting on rental income now. Im just enjoying the place and the beauty of the sorroundings.

Thanks, I know where that is, the left turn becomes tarmac after a short drive, then climbs quite steeply. The hill on the way down the other side is soooooo steep. I was down that road a few weeks ago on the dolmus from Bogazici to Bodrum, but don’t remember signage for your site.

It’s a nice area, enjoy the place!

biggles

biggles
Bargylia-Regnum
they have a new sitesi near us and the hill going up is so steep the wheels of the car slip if you dont keep going ,and coming down god help you if you get dodgy brakes ,no sireee not for me a mountain goat would be at home there.

Rit

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi there, after going to the site and speaking with my managing agent, I decided to buy. Yes its a bit far Bodrum but i think its ideal for young families who want to be away from the noise and hustle and bustle. What i like is the fact that its like a village in its own right and has private facilities.
There are alot of people who come over for the weekend etc from Istanbul to places like Bargylia.
I will send you a PM regarding rentals in more detail.

leslicat

Bargylia-Regnum
Rit said:
Hi there, after going to the site and speaking with my managing agent, I decided to buy. Yes its a bit far Bodrum but i think its ideal for young families who want to be away from the noise and hustle and bustle. What i like is the fact that its like a village in its own right and has private facilities.
There are alot of people who come over for the weekend etc from Istanbul to places like Bargylia.
I will send you a PM regarding rentals in more detail.
Hi Rit, I could not find your PM. Could you contact me ASAP. I have some friends who want to rent my flat but unfrotunately the property will be undergoing some work during his dates.

Jake

Bargylia-Regnum
I just cannot see how this bargylia development can be rented all year - even in the long term. This is quite a remote area and even with the golf course nearby the holiday season is about 6 weeks. It is very far from Bodrum. Regnum have been promoting this for over four years and they still have many properties unsold in this small development. I can just see some of the developments that started around here will be ghost towns most of the year.

Also bear in mind that there are so many unsold properties in Bodrum, 40,000 or so. So you are up against heavy competition when selling and renting.

sand09

Bargylia-Regnum
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while but have just joined.
My husband and I have bought an apartment at Bargylia and we are going there next month to furnish it. We mainly bought for our personal use but if we can rent it out during the summer months that will be a bonus.
Would love to get in touch with any other Bargylia owners to discuss how they are managing their rentals and if they are happy with the services provided on site.

matty77

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi everyone, like sand09 I have been looking at Regnum Bargylia posts every so often but as a guest- so thought I would say hello!

I bought at Regnum Bargylia last year, with a view to renting for peak season and using the apartment in shoulder seasons.. So far most of my experiences of the development have been quite positive.. There have been one or two teething problems and I have a few issues with the management of the complex at the moment (they seem to take too long to do things, and in my opinion the service charges are quite high for Turkey).

It is such a lovely spot though, I fall for the place all over again every time I visit! Fair comment that the complex is off the beaten track, but as it is quite self-contained this hasn't really posed a massive problem so far (for me). There was also good transport links in high season last summer with a Dolmus running from the entrance quite a few times a day and at night to/from Bodrum.

I agree with Jake that year round rentals don't seem that likely however- I visited the complex in February this year, and although there were some warm days, the complex didn't seem to be functioning fully enough for me to be comfortable renting it out to people at this time of year (no water in the pool, no loungers around, things being repaired everywhere, no electric cars about or staff in the bar/restaurant etc.)..

sand09- I have just got a managing agent (Smile) on board to deal with rental stuff this summer and so far they seem efficient and friendly.. I will report back when i have had a few rentals!

I'd be interested to hear from any other owners with experiences to share as well.

sand09

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi matty77, I thought I sent you a PM but I don't think it worked!
Has the management committee advised you of the annual fees? Do you know what type of services are included? We were told that there may be cleaners on site that we could use.
I contacted Smile Management but they are unable to offer the services we are looking for (check out inventory, airing of the property when not in use, spring clean at the beginning of the season, etc...).
I would be really interested to find how you are managing your rentals. You can PM me if you like.

Rit

Bargylia-Regnum
HI there San09 and Matty77, I havent looked at this site for a while. I am struggling to sort out my mortgage but hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

For my 2 bed apartment the annual maintence charge is £1471, so i would want it to be emply for too long.

I have found the attached link which lists several managment companies, however i think i will end up advertising on some websites and i just need someone or a company to oversee the cleaning and dropping/picking up the keys type of stuff.

The maintenance charge covers the outside grounds, the beach, pool area, pool bars, cafe etc. Anything to do with cleaining and the up keep of the internal area is down to us I'm afraid.

It might worth us to use the same managment company to possibly get a good deal from them.

Any joy in finding rental using Smile.

regards
Rit

Rit

Bargylia-Regnum
Sorry, I am not allowed to send links until i have sent 15 posts!! Pm me and i will send it.

Bubs

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi Rit, I have a villa in the Tuzla area and need a management company could you send me a link and let me know how you're getting on with them. Good luck.

sand09

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi Rit and other Bargylia owners. We are there at the moment (enjoying wifi by the pool!) and we are loving it. The whole site is amazing, we are enjoying the beautiful sunsets from our balcony. We did have 4 hectic days shopping for furniture and bits for the apartment but it's amazing how much you can get done here in such a short time compared to the UK! We have been also extremely lucky to receive our Tapu last week.
Leslie if you read this I am sorry that I haven't been able to catch up with you. I completely lost track of time and by the time I realised I should try to find you it was already the 28th, your last day I think.
We find the services offered by the existing management really good. We were impressed to see they are serving proper meals in the cafe, have a mini club and animation team and even a mini disco and show in the evening.
The gardens are beautifully maintained.
We are managing our rentals ourselves. We have advertised on Holiday Rentals and have had loads of enquiries (probably because we are not charging as much as others, we don't want to be too greedy for the first year). We have so far one secure booking for 3 weeks in July. We love our apartment so much that we are a bit worried of renting it to complete strangers so we'll be happy with 4 weeks a year in high season.
We are planning to use the on-site cleaners. You can just email the helpdesk and request a service. You can also leave them with a set of keys and tell them when you are expecting guests. The only thing that we'll be missing is for someone to check for any breakage or missing items. I guess we'll just have to trust our guests and take a risk.
The on-site mangement will also check your apartment in winter if you ask them.
Property management companies charge so much money and it would be a shame not to use the Bargylia management as they do offer quite a lot. Also 3companies (including Smile) will not cover our area as it's too remote.
Looking forward to hear from other Bargylie owners.

pebble

Bargylia-Regnum
WElcome to the forum and good luck with bargylum. On paper it all looked so perfect, maybe with the right management system it will take off.
I'm not sure about the rental thing, seems to me the bodrum peninsula is just going to be flooded with rentals.
I have high hopes for the golf course, maybe they can turn it into something that will be sought after.

Rit

Bargylia-Regnum
Hi Bubs, I havent used any of these but am looking into them. As its a weblink, this site wont allow me to put it on here until i have reached a certain nos of paosts., so will pm you all the details.
Rit

Latest Posts

Top Bottom