EVELYNNE

evelynne
Bank Holiday weekend
Hi everyone,

Its bank holiday here in the Uk, so i was just wandering what everyone is up to.

I probably like many who work save my anuual leave for visiting turkey, so make the most of the bank holidays to catch up with family.

this weekend i will be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to drive the 320 miles to Middlesbrough to visit my son who lives there. going on my own as hubbie is working.

Can;t wait to see rhys but not looking forward to the drive. hope to get the M25 carpark out of the way early to avoid the traffic. The A1M has improved so hoping for a good run. Looking forward to a day out at the coast Whitby bay or scarborough. Any other suggestions welcome.

Happy bank holiday everyone and for those in turkey happy weekend :11::ukflag:

Tess

Bank Holiday weekend
Have a fab time Evelynne!!! enjoy !!!!

Same to all you good folks who are heading away - enjoy!!!

Last edited:

pldouglas

Bank Holiday weekend
I refuse point blank to travel anywhere on Bank Holiday. I equip myself with a bottle of Pimms, a couple of good books and take to the garden or the conservatory. I simply can't stand the thought of the traffic jams everywhere in our crowded island - especially here in the South East.
The Dearly Beloved has decided to take his bike to the 60th anniversary of the Harley Riders up in Nottingham (at least I think its Nottingham) so he will enjoy behaving like the average 18 year old for the next few days - oh dear, he's only been gone half an hour and its just started to rain, the first rain in weeks down here! Typical - its my fault, I've just put a load of washing out.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Bank Holiday weekend
In the absence of being able to be in Yalikavak my plans for the Weekend are (interspersed with 'Girly Jobs'):

Saturday Evening: work Colleague's Engagement Party

Sunday Afternoon: Playing at a Music Festival

Monday Afternoon: Watch Belgian Grand Prix (Recorded on Sunday) while ironing
Monday Evening: Watch Newcastle thrash Leicester

Tuesday: Same old sh*t - different day

Bank Holiday weekend
Oh! is it a bank holiday, I hadn't realised! well I've done my "girly" jobs so I might just wander down to Yalikavak for some lunch then wander back and sit in the garden by the pool :95im:

Have a nice weekend all of you in the UK, I hope it stays fine! x

coupe

Bank Holiday weekend
Drove to stanstead last night to fly to Bodrum only to be told your flights have
been cancelled and will now go saturday morning. We had to get the car back
from the meet & greet and drive back home.
Ive spent all morning rearanging meet & greet accomadation car hire etc.and its rainning.
Cant wait to be in Bodrum and some decent weather.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Bank Holiday weekend
Drove to stanstead last night to fly to Bodrum only to be told your flights have
been cancelled and will now go saturday morning. We had to get the car back
from the meet & greet and drive back home.
Ive spent all morning rearanging meet & greet accomadation car hire etc.and its rainning.
Cant wait to be in Bodrum and some decent weather.

sorry to hear about your flight being cancelled, it's your worst nightmare, can I ask which company the flight is with.

Well plans for our week-end. It's my Hubby's Birthday tomorrow, there's 14 of us having a get to-gether, was going to have a BBQ, but I'll not talk about that, flipping UK weather!!! So drinks early doors, and have prepared a huge chilli and Lasagne today, and having lots of nice nibbles Olives, Sundried toms/feta cheese etc. Looking forward seeing everyone, as some of our friends not seen for a while, summer, famiy commitments etc. Sunday nurse a hangover, lol and Monday going shopping with my friend, plenty of sales on so hoping to grab a few bargains, want (not need) more new shoes, lol.

Hope wherever you are, you enjoy the last Bank Holiday before Christmas, at least out in Turkey you's can plan and have a BBQ.

coupe

Bank Holiday weekend
Hi Sunny seasider it was Cyprus Turkish airlines booked with Last minute.com.
Will not use either again spent all day phoning them and tying up loose ends.

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Bank Holiday weekend
Hi Evelynne,

Good luck for your drive 'Oop North'..my parents still live in Teesside so i know what a trek you going to endure!

İf you are going through to North Yorks over the BH why not call into the less crowded but nonetheless beautiful places like Robin Hoods Bay, Runswick Bay and Staithes?..they are so charming!

İn addition, if you are going to pop over to Scarbrough then 15 miles down into East Yorks is sunny Bridlington?..ok it's not as big as Scarborough but i think retains that traditional English seaside charm!

Have fun on your BH..have to say am feeling a little nostalgic!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Bank Holiday weekend
Thanks for the ideas , i will consider those, we had a weekend away a couple of years ago at Filey so did scarborough. So it will be good to have a look round a bit more. We also went to York for the day. there is a lot of chose i have to say. looking forward to getting there and Rhys says the weather has been good ! a added bonus if it lasts the weekend.

remus

Bank Holiday weekend
Hi Eve,

would definately reccomend Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay as it's only a few
miles from whitby and you might have had enough of driving by then.
If you do go to Whitby the abbey is well worth a look,the Magpie cafe for
fish and chips is simply the best but there is usually a queue.

Having a nice relaxing weekend with people coming for dinner sat night,been
cooking today have made pate and a plum and red wine chutney to serve with the duck.

Have a good weekend with your family and safe journey.

Marie xx

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Bank Holiday weekend
I am going to buy a winter coat on Monday! How sad is that?? Method to my madness as it is currently on offer and I have vouchers/coupons etc to use so it is a "bargin". A nice, bright red colour rather than boring black - cheer me up on a grey, chilly winter day - just glad I have a trip to Turkey soon before the inevitable countdown to Christmas (I was thinking today when I get back from my holiday there may be decorations up in the shops!). After this lousy summer I would cry if I didn't see some decent weather before the winter.

Evelynne, I hope you have a safe journey (don't envy you that drive). Is your son studying there or has he settled there? My mum is from Sunderland so we were shipped up to my gran's for the summer holidays (with our winter woolies). My mum was a hard (or sensible) woman though - she took us as far as Kings Cross, put us on the Intercity 125 and left us to it. We'd be met at Newcastle and then taken round the relatives (no doubt seen as the 'soft southerners' in our knitwear!):14:

Carol

jeanne

Bank Holiday weekend
Well for some of us it's business as usual...working:hurt: But hey not long till we get out to Turkey...only 2 and bit weeks:95im:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Bank Holiday weekend
hi carol, no my son moved up there with a girlfriend who was studying but they are no longer together, but he has made a lot of friends so is staying for the time being.

I used to ship my boys off to malvern in worcs for the summer to their uncles . But never trusted them on the train so drove them down , not such a long journey.

happy days !

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Bank Holiday weekend
Thanks for reminding me it's Bank Holiday here! I have been dashing about catching up with friends in UK for the past few weeks that I totally forgot and am flying back to Turkey on Tuesday morning.

Today, 4 of us went for lunch to a Turkish restaurant, The Ev on Isabella Street near Waterloo Station, London. FAB PLACE and only £5.95 for a 3-course meal. I have a new post on this forum about it - would any of you in England like to join us for a Christmas meal in early December perhaps there? :ukflag:

moortenerife

moortenerife
Bank Holiday weekend
i will be busy working on saturday from 12-6.30 watching films(part of my job) on sunday i am working from 3.30 - 10.30 on a wedding, and on monday its my day off and we will be having a family get together for my youngest grandsons 3rd birthday. i hear the weather is supposed to be nice on monday, i hope it is. looking forward to two weeks in side from the 15th september. hope you all have a nice weekend!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom