Marian

Bank Accounts
Happy New year to all.

i am going to be in Hillside in Feb. wanted to find out if there was a good bank to join out there. Is there a bank that has links from th UK? any recomendations would be nice

Squeaky

Bank Accounts
Good morning:

I don't know what sort of links you expect to find but I doubt that any link will be of any importance as banks such as HSBC are established as separate entities registered and controlled in Turkey even though most of the shareholders will also be shareholders in HSBC in the UK. HSBC Turkey will not give you any benefits when dealing with HSBC UK - you will pay the standard charges as if you will dealing with an unrelated bank.

In other words the bank might use the same name but it is in fact a separate company with no direct connection to the UK company.

I suggest you find a bank with friendly staff who speak English conveniently located to your residence.

Cheers

Squeaky

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Bank Accounts
Hi Marian,
We have used Garanti Bank for 3 years and have had good service from them. They are situated on Ataturk Bulgari in Altinkum opposite Carrefour Supermarket.
Best of luck,
Bill & June.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Bank Accounts
We have had our account with Finansbank since 2006 and are very happy with the service from them. We get regular e mail updates, in English, also have a personal representative, who has always been very helpful. The on-line statements etc; are very easy to work around. It's what suits you, and how you wish to manage your funds whilst your in the UK.

Bank Accounts
Hi,

Like Bill and June we use Garanti Bank on the boulevard.

There is an very pleasant girl with very good english who looks after us and even remembers us from visit to visit!!!!

There are always lots of english people in there when we go so it is very widely used I think. But I would think it is like banks here in the uk, we each have our own and our favourites.

Madwife

Bank Accounts
Happy New year to all.

i am going to be in Hillside in Feb. wanted to find out if there was a good bank to join out there. Is there a bank that has links from th UK? any recomendations would be nice

Yep. We also use Garanti Bank in Didim & haven't had any problems.
I've been told that a UK based Nationwide account i a good choice as they don't sting you for withdrawing from your account whilst in Turkey. Haven't tried it out tho

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Bank Accounts
Never had any problems with the Garanti Bank. Think they have branches in UK probably London but not sure without looking.

Jon & Mia

Bank Accounts
We also use Garantie - they are very patient and helpful and you can get online banking to keep track of your cash. whe have a GB£ account as well as a TL account.

mallin

mal mc cullough
Bank Accounts
garanti also in gulluk.nice pleasant people in there.had one with hsbc in bodrum but too busy to speak to you there.garanti for me....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom