tonyj9

scarlet
Bank account
I'm new to this forum as I've recently completed the purchase of an apartment in Yalikavak. I find the info provided really useful eg places to eat etc and will be pleased to add my own experiences.
I'm looking to open a Turkish bank account either in Yalikavak or Bodrum that I'll be able to operate via the internet. I need a basic account to receive rental payments, pay maintenance charges and transfer payments occasionally to my UK account. I'll be in Bodrum soon and would appreciate some advice on the best banks and accounts and the opening procedure.
Many thanks
Tony:lock1:

captain

Bank account
I'm new to this forum as I've recently completed the purchase of an apartment in Yalikavak. I find the info provided really useful eg places to eat etc and will be pleased to add my own experiences.
I'm looking to open a Turkish bank account either in Yalikavak or Bodrum that I'll be able to operate via the internet. I need a basic account to receive rental payments, pay maintenance charges and transfer payments occasionally to my UK account. I'll be in Bodrum soon and would appreciate some advice on the best banks and accounts and the opening procedure.
Many thanks
Tony:lock1:

I think you'll find that all Turkish banks are pretty much the same. I use HSBC in Bodrum who have internet banking. Their e-account pays 11.5% interest on YTL accounts.

Good luck,
Doug
:cheers:

tonyj9

scarlet
Bank account
Doug
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Where is the HSBC branch in Bodrum and what is the opening procedure?
Best wishes
Tony

captain

Bank account
Doug
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Where is the HSBC branch in Bodrum and what is the opening procedure?
Best wishes
Tony

Tony,

It's on the main road going towards the airport from Bodrum - other people on this forum will able to give you much better directions.

To open an account you need a translated copy of your passport, your Turkish tax number and preferably somebody with you who can speak Turkish :smile::smile::smile:
There are plenty of threads on here about this - do a search for it. Good luck!
Doug

paddye17

Bank account
Tony,

We use the HSBC branch at the Oasis Shopping Centre - excellent English speaking servive. We also use Garanti in Yalikavak (handy to have a local bank) again with a very good service in English (it's just outside the main town, on the main road to Bodrum, opposite the road to Torba). If you would like details of our English speaking contacts/tel numbers etc, just pm me.

Good luck.

Gazarra

Bank account
Don't forget that since June you will also need a recent utility bill as proof of your permanent address.

Gazarra

hammers

Bank account
hi we have an account with garanti in yali it is a first class service with very secure internet banking mostly the staff speak very good english.they have been very helpful to us.

lynne

Bank account
Hi Tony. We do this service loads of times a year.......
HSBC have good English speaking staff so dont worry about taking a Turkish speaker with you. Get tax number first from tax office by taking passport and a photocopy of it. On photocopy write your parents names on a bit of the excess white area.
Take tax card number and passport and photocopy of passport and a very recent UK electric/gas/council tax bill to the bank of your choice and fill in their forms.
Make sure you have time to spare as all this can take hours........!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Bank account
we also use HSBC but the drawback is they have no branch in yalikavak, if the hsbc cash booth isnt working they charge for cash withdrawals from other banks, ie i was charged 7 TL for using the finansbank on the gundogan rd - still get a first class service at the HSBC though

tonyj9

scarlet
Bank account
Thanks for all the very helpful replies I've received. You have made a seemingly complex process appear quite straightforward. Let's hope I don't have to spend too much time in a Turkish bank during my next visit!
Tony:roundgrin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom