luddendenturk

The Very Fat Sailor!
Ban All inclusives?
Surely an opportunity for another poll? :roundgrin

Damn it, I didn't see the last line of your post!

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Ban All inclusives?
I think they are great for families. People are not exactly tied to the place so can have the choice to eat out if they like.

I think here its because most of the hotels were quite empty last year and I have heard form one or two that the Tuntas going AI is ruining the trade down on second beach. Its not vey busy down there like it was a few years ago.

Ban All inclusives?
I have never stayed AI and dont really fancy it, I can see the benefits booze wise, drinks round the pool, the odd bottle of wine on the balcony, but a holiday to us is going out in the evening and trying different foods in different restaurants otherwise I might as well stay home and sit out the garden.

Jane

tomc1984

Ban All inclusives?
Been AI before and you feel like a prisoner, you feel as if you should not venture out because you have paid for everything. My experience of AI is that usually food is boring, monotonous and tasty if you are lucky and like chicken in various formats.Great if you let your kids have 20 ice creams per day and you are an alcoholic.

Ban All inclusives?
My personal view of AI, I think they offer great value for money and give us the freedom to choose to stay in or go out to eat or drink,
We holiday with children and generally in parties of 7 or 8 at a time and I pick all Inc for a few reasons.
I know I can keep the childrens fluids topped up so they dont get dehydrated in the summer heat. I personally am quite a picky eater I dont like hot spicy foods and I dont eat veg or anything with veg in, and I am not keen on fast foods, burgers pizzas etc,
We generally have light breakfast and a drink, mostly miss Lunch, and quite often at Dinner I will find something to eat even if its only a bowl of soup with some bread. and alchoholic wise we never touch it until after dinner.
But we get the freedom of knowing that we dont have to go out scouting for restaurants if we dont want to( please bare in mind we are usually out over lunch and have already spent around 100 ytl or so). For us to go B&B it just wouldn't be any good for us it would cost us an absolute fortune.

Also I can add that I dont book hotels through the travel agents I go direct to the hotel so I know they are getting the full £2,600 for our stay. So with us the hotel will gain good money compared to what we eat and drink. And i get peice of mind knowing everyone is fed and watered each day in someway.

Crystalclear

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Ban All inclusives?
I live in a resort which has 3 all inclusive hotels, the bars and restaurants are suffering as obviously there are fewer people eating and drinking out, I wouldn't say ban them totally as each person is entitled to their choice of accommodation but I would like to see a limit of one per resort

gerald

Ban All inclusives?
Whilst I too prefer not to go All Inclusive, each person will choose how they want to spend their money. If I can make an analogy, remember how everybody warned about the supermarkets destroying the local shops in Britain. We all said we wanted to keep our local shops open, well guess what, most of us actually spent our pounds in supermarkets and most high streets are devoid of greengrocers, fishmongers, paper shops and so on.
The first country to ban all inclusive will see a dramatic fall in visiting tourists. At least some money goes into the local economy, either via tax, some local employment and some local sourcing of food and consumables.

Ban All inclusives?
Aİ has sounded the death knell for many small places ..ours included.
When the hotel that we relied on in the season went Aİ we went bust as well as a few other little places in the area.
Apart from our sad little tale...(we've got over it so its ok) i think of them as hotel ghettos, people are ferried in white and ferried out brownish ,like a conveyor belt. and hardly ever meet the locals.

hmm..and yesss..i feel a poll coming on ..

claire1976

Ban All inclusives?
I think AI's work really well in the Caribbean etc because they are on a much larger scale and often have several bars and speciality restaurants plus evening entertainment. The reason the Caribbean has AI resorts is because often it isn't safe to go off the complex at night and explore and usually the resorts are remote from the towns. Whereas in Turkey if you go AI you miss the enjoyment of trying new restaurants and moving around the bars etc. There are some good AI's resorts in europe but they are a long way off the standard of the Caribbean.
I think AI's are a waste in Turkey as with a bit of exploring you can find very reasonable restaurants and bars with lovely settings, after our recent stay in Dalaman for 2 weeks we actually came home with money for a change, it would have cost far more to stay AI than pay for meals as we went.

dalyansteve

Ban All inclusives?
This was an odd statement made by the Mugla chamber of commerce!! They also said they wanted to attract a better class of tourist who had money to spend in the shops and restaurants and that they wanted tour companies to stop doing cheap packages and only paying the hotels £2 a night????? This last part is true but quite frankly some of those hotels only warrent £2 a night.
So all in all it seems the members of this chamber of commerce are bemoaning their lott and blaming everyone but themselves for the lack of business. The time of the quick buck and huge profits have gone, now they have to work for there money.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Ban All inclusives?
I think AInc are OK in some country"s - e g we went to Egypt in March and it was so expensive to eat and drink out so we were glad of AI - especially with 3 young children
Definatly in Yalikavak area the AI are KILLING our restaurant business "s
Why go all inc in a country which has lovely reasonable priced food and cheap ish drinks?
Yalikavak seems full of folks walking around with wrist bands on at the moment
The tour companies are knocking out AI hols at such a cheap price and paying the hotel peanuts - therefore the food is of a very substandard quality and more or less the same everyday

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
Ban All inclusives?
I would never go AI in Turkey as the choice of places to eat is massive. A friend of mine went AI in Antalya. When she came home she said that they had only spent 30 euros in the whole holiday! Not a lot of help to the local economy!

panther

Ban All inclusives?
We went AI to the Hotel L'Toille Icmeler and the food was brilliant. It was a four star situated next to the beach and had a beautiful pool. The owner was hot on the quality of food and the cleanliness of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel and wouldn't mind going back.

Much better than the AI we went to in Altinkum a few years ago. The food was predictable everyday.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Ban All inclusives?
I too agree that places like the Caribbean where there is more choice and many resturants included are fine, but never done the AI holiday. I think that there is so much good quality food to be had in Turkey and at very reasonable prices. Everyone has their own opinion, as they say, "each to their own"

Martyn

Ban All inclusives?
You need both, AI suit some people(they have us in the past) but not others. The danger is that if you have all AI the small restaurant businesses will suffer.

Mikee100

Mikee100
Ban All inclusives?
All Inclusive suits many people including families as they are able to set and stick to a budget.
I will probably be shot down for saying this, but what the hell here goes, All inclusive will also appeal to the many people who have visited Turkey and have vowed never to return, not that they haven't enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery but because they haven't ventured further than the closest restaurant to thier accommodation because of the intimidating pressure selling. Also it has become equal if not more expensive to eat out in Turkey as it is in the UK. Unfortunately I think Turkish Tourism needs to wake up to these two very basic facts.
Mike

MrFOG

Ban All inclusives?
we think all inclusives are great tbh. no worrying that you've spent all your holiday money and no big bills shocks at end of hols. I'm all for them. most of the local restaurtants all serve the same menus anyway and at least you can get your british grub besides foreign in an all in.

Ban All inclusives?
I think allinclusives are good for people with children cuts the cost .i myself dont like them.there is one by my house and since it opened 3yrs ago its been very busy to the dismay of bars and resteruants in my road.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom