tonyj9

scarlet
Balcony Furniture
Can anyone tell me the best place to get a table and 4 chairs for my balcony. Some of the sets I've looked at are very expensive and I just want a basic unit that's comfortable to sit on, inexpensive and preferably folds away.
Many thanks in anticipation
Tony:42:

maggie

Balcony Furniture
Where abouts are you.????

Just find out Yalikavak sure someone from there can help you.
Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Balcony Furniture
Try koctas. onderler or tekzen I found most of the smaller shops more expensive, plenty to go at though

martin

Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
Balcony Furniture
Got ours from Metro next to Kipa - that was a smaller table plus chairs and seat pads, all fold up nicely, got them in the back of the car to bring home. A bigger table (dining size) came from Koc Tas, who deliver.

Sally

Pete&Mag

Balcony Furniture
Hi Tony. Mag and I are in Yalikavak too. We searched around for ages for Patio furniture. Our first debate was Hardwood or plastic. In the end we decided the Hardwood sets were a) too expensive and b) too heavy and c) needed maintenance. We thought they looked great though. we ended up with a tubular steel framed table which,on pushing a bar ,collapses into a vertical format. It takes up 6 inches behind the settee when not in use. we got plastic stacking chairs ,which i find more comfortable than our living room upholstered chairs. The Table was 69 ytl and the chairs were 9ytl each. we got the lot from Metro. Because Metro , Koc Tas,and kipa are all in a line on the way to Bodrum you will probably find what you need at one of those places.
P.S. we liked the table because it is heavy enough not to blow away in high winds.
If you go the 'all Plastic route' you could try 'Mr cheap' in between Koc Tas and metro and on the same side of the road as them ( very close to Metro )
For cushions ( Chairs and Recliners ) Yalikavak has its own manufacturer. As you come out of Yali going towards Gumusluk ...Immediately after the dolmus square there is a guy who displays cushions and the like, on the veranda outside his workshop. He is a little dearer than the likes of Metro ,but the cushions are much better made. I also liked the idea that I was buying from a local tradesman.
Hope you find what you seek. Pete

stevecarol

Balcony Furniture
Make sure you try out the cheap plastic chairs first, as anyone heavier than a stick insect and they will let you down with a bump, mind you i dont think they were ment for 16 stone lumps like me.:cheers:

mikehibb

Balcony Furniture
We went for the solid wood from Koctas and Metro, takes a couple of minutes more to put away, but each to their own.

The cushion man that Pete mentioned is great, he did some emergency repairs on my boat upholstery, just a small patch and a bit of stiching, would not take a penny off me. Funnily enough he will now be getting a large order at the end of this season to make a complete set of covers for the boat.

Also if any of you have problems with flat pack bits not fiting properly, the carpenter a hundred metres further up the road will do on the spot jobs for you for a few lira. We needed a few mm taken off some shelves, I could have bought a saw and tried it myself, but dogs hind leg comes to mind. They will stick it on the bench circular saw and job done in seconds ( do not forget to measure twice)

jolo

Balcony Furniture
We got our solid wood one in Yalcinar on the way to Bodrum the table folds flat and there are 4 directors chairs with it.

The directors chairs fold up also and we can store them under the bed if we need to get them out of the way, but they are great for using inside as well as out if you need an extra chair or two as they are really comfortable.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Balcony Furniture
Make sure you try out the cheap plastic chairs first, as anyone heavier than a stick insect and they will let you down with a bump, mind you i dont think they were ment for 16 stone lumps like me.:cheers:

does that mean my 23 stone frame isnt invited to the next bbq ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom