Madwife

Balcony Awnings
We're thinking of getting an awning for our balcony, which is on the top of the block. Number 4, used to be 9. Noticed that one or two people have already got these. Any tips on where to get them from? And any ideas of the cost

Balcony Awnings
We looked at roller blinds for our balcony and ONE was costed out at around £100 fitted.
So last week we went to the market in Akbuk and bought a green plastic kitchen type rug for £8, folded the first couple of inches over lengthwise, threaded a line through it, drilled a couple of holes in the wall, inserted 2 hooks and simples, one blind. The next day fitted two lines to the bottom of the blind, looped them over the existing hooks and now we have a blind that rolls up as well. again SIMPLES.

Pop round and have a look

Madwife

Balcony Awnings
Thanks Derek. Back out in July (well the Management is, I'm not) Maybe have a look then? Can you PM which apartment you are plz?

LOL Lynne

saffie

Saffie
Balcony Awnings
I live in Marmaris,so not your area but have a balcony awning on my top floor apartment.

If I remember correctly it was 1000TL but the balcony is very wide so obviously a bit more expensive. I have two friends also with awnings and one cost 400TL and the other was almost 2000TL but has a remote control mechanism included.

It very much depends on how wide and what sort of drop you will require as to how much it's likely to cost.

Would recommend getting several quotes though,as I found a huge difference in pricing. Also check the quality of the fabric and some fabrics are quite thin and not recommended or guaranteed in heavy rain or high wind. There are several different qualities of fabric to choose from,which obviously affects the price. Also check the length of the guarantee offered. Some offered only a year guarantee,some 2 years and I negotiated a 3 year guarantee.....so haggle like heck.

saffie

oldfogy

Just passing through
Balcony Awnings
Noticed that one or two people have already got these. Any tips on where to get them from? And any ideas of the cost

Would it not be a good idea to ask the people who have already had them fitted where you are.

1. You can see the quality of both the unit and the workmanship.
2. Builders who are a known commodity.
3. Feedback from the existing person.
4. Cost and were they value for money.

Madwife

Balcony Awnings
Would it not be a good idea to ask the people who have already had them fitted where you are.

1. You can see the quality of both the unit and the workmanship.
2. Builders who are a known commodity.
3. Feedback from the existing person.
4. Cost and were they value for money.
That was the idea behind starting this thread

oldfogy

Just passing through
Balcony Awnings
That was the idea behind starting this thread
Sorry I was meaning to say:

Would it not be a good idea to ask the people on your site who have already had them fitted.

Obviously prices and workmanship with people from other sites/areas could vary drastically.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom