jakebeak

Baked beans
Hi there

Does anyone know where I can get some cans of baked beans? My husband is missing them! I know there's a shop somewhere in Altinkum that sells pork sausages and beans, but I don't know where it is. How much are the beans and does anyone know where this place is? Thanks a lot.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Baked beans
It is on Ataturk Boulevard and it's called Express Market. Afew doors down from HSM on the opposite side from Circus restaurant if this helps.
They have Heinz for 4 lira and Fege or La doria (i think) baked beans for approx 2 lira.

butt007

Warren
Baked beans
Metro sell Heinz beans, but I find LaDoria( about 1.65 ) just as good and you can get those in Migros, Kipa etc
Warren

james1873

Baked beans
I am a Glasgow Rangers fan, the newly elected CHAMPIONS of Scotland and I recently bought, in Migros, in Altinkum, Cross and Blackwell Baked Beans and they cost 4 TYl..

PS; The Bluebells are Blue.

Baked beans
Have you tried the turkish style tins of beans not sure what they are called or make but have seen them in all the supermarkets they are really nice its a sort of bean cassarole in a tomato sauce some have bits of potatoe and carrots, some have lamb.

we have it on toast or with cooked breakfast.

Jane

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Baked beans
Express Market sells almsot everything you might crave for,and might not be able to find in most shops.From Oyster sauce,chinese sauces,hp sauce,bisto gravy....Bascially it's a one stop shop.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Baked beans
I go to Express Market for the Branston Pickle and the chinese sauces. Anything else we miss such as Cadbury's, Cheddar cheese, sausage and bacon is kindly brought over for us.

They also stock wine, sweets, Bird's custard powder and a whole range of other things you may miss. Well worth a visit.

jakebeak

Baked beans
Hi guys, what a great response. Thanks very much! I will check out the Express Shop. I haven't seen them in Kipa though. I have a friend who brings me Glace cherries over as you can't get them here and I have to make cherry cake!

shazyboy

Baked beans
Can anyone tell me the turkish word for baked beans? I could not find them in migros and the staff just could not understand "Baked Beans" when i asked them which shelf they were on.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Baked beans
Ask for La Doria, Domates Soslu Fasulye (Tomatoes Sauce-with Beans)

This is what you're looking for if you're in Migros.

Last edited:

hijo

in my own clique
Baked beans
I am a Glasgow Rangers fan, the newly elected CHAMPIONS of Scotland and I recently bought, in Migros, in Altinkum, Cross and Blackwell Baked Beans and they cost 4 TYl..

PS; The Bluebells are Blue.

..hmmm :34:my issus is a celtic fan. my nephew george runs the rangers forum in glasgow Haguk.congrats on your win ....ps about time .only joking.back to the beans thread ..yes we can get them anywere in turkey ..i got 2 cases of hp last week from a friend of mine driving back from the uk "and 4 cases of guiness..seriously the turkish baked beans here are ok..cheers hijo

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Baked beans
I like the FEGE brand of beans they are italian and really good and cheap.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Baked beans
La Doria or LDH, an Italian company supply T***O, might be worth a try, they are the T***O main line, not the value one.
Steve.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Baked beans
La Doria it is. Now i can enjoy a hot plate of beans and a glass of mineral water.,Boy do i know how to plan a meal!!

I love Heinz Baked Beans at any time of day, and for me they are a great hangover cure, lol, so when I ran out on holiday, (as baggage was getting far too heavy to take too many cans), I found La Doria in Migros, yipeeee, they are good, I did find the sauce wasn't as thick as Heinzs' so I just let them simmer for a while to thicken, blummin great, so now that's one less worry to pack for my holis.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom