gizmo

Bad day!!!!
Hiya all

Had terrible day on 20th Aug. My brother in law passed away. He had been married just over 3 weeks. He was ill for a while and he has gone on now to the next light. Please say a little prayer for him - a true gent. Funeral on 1st September.

I lost my purse in shops - my dads keys, credit card and money. I was really fed up but when I enquired at the shop, the Manager handed me the purse saying someone had handed it in. I am sure they thought I was mad as I started blubbering but it restored my faith in human nature once again.

Things have a way of balancing themselves out but my thoughts are with Tommy - a lovely, wonderful selfless man. May he R.I.P.

I am back from visiting my lovely Dad. He is now very frail but in great spirits. A true warrior!!

Gizzo

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Bad day!!!!
Oh Gizmo, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and of course my condolences to Tommys new wife.

Gail

Bad day!!!!
I am truly sorry for you all, how terrible for Tommy's new wife to be married and widowed in 3 weeks, my thoughts are with you all x

gizmo

Bad day!!!!
Yes, we have had time to accept it and at least there is no more pain and he is at peace and in the arms of the angels. He always enjoyed a laugh and I came across the following 2day so I thought I would share it:-

following by Julie Andrews and it is for any 'mature' readers out there!!

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things .
Cadillac's and cataracts, and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short, shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.
When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Gizmo

Tess

Bad day!!!!
Gizmo, I am very sorry to read your very sad news. Sincere condolences. Sharon x

Bad day!!!!
Hi,

How very sad, but at least they managed to have three weeks of married life together-and he's left some happy memories behind for those who loved him.

Ann

Bad day!!!!
like everybody else i was very saddened by your post..and then i read that great poem you posted..and ..nowww i dont feeeelll so saaadd.(wish i could sing it like Julie)
best wishes i hope your sister will be ok and your dad too. xxxxx

Bad day!!!!
Hi Gizmo
So sorry to read your post.
You have been a great supporter of the others unwell on here and it was sad to read about your loss.
All our family wish you well

saffie

Saffie
Bad day!!!!
Oh,how very sad.
My condolences to you and his poor widow. What a shame to have been married only three short weeks.

May he rest in peace,

saffie

nanamo

Bad day!!!!
So, so sorry to hear the sad news. Time really does heal and I hope the day that you can look back on his life and laugh and talk about him without tears comes quickly for you and your family. Molly.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom