kemerkid

________
Bacon
I suppose I ought to keep my voice down really but I have to say that the Turks just don't know what they are missing in the mornings. I can understand white, sloppy feta cheese, sliced tomato and cucumber, black and white olives and dry bread has it's merits here in the summer months, but for Gods sake.

Anyway, although married to a Turk I am not a Turkish husband. I do tend to spend a lot of my time here on my own whilst my better half goes galavanting to all points of the compass, I'm left here like a zoo janitor to see to all our animals needs. (this is not a complaint, I quite enjoy solitude at times. It also means I don't have to wash so often or comb my hair.)

Now where was I, oh yes bacon. I can't really insist on a fry-up in the mornings and then spend the rest of the day sat on my but, calling for the occasional cuppa.... but when I am here on my own, I can call the shots. Well if it's my duty to feed the cat, let her in and out according to her whim, look to the dogs needs, feed and water the chickens and collect the eggs. Answer the phone and go to the shops, then when it comes to breakfast time I'm sure I can make the effort to get the skillet loaded with some eggs and BACON.

I am very fortunate that I have people bringing me bacon throughout the year, friends relations and a few people off the forum too (a big thank you to them. they know who they are)

Nothing beats the sizzling sound that a pan full of bacon makes and having that pleasure here easilly makes up for the absence of things like; English weather, traffic wardens and Sharon from Essex.

Iyi Bayramlar.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Bacon
I was more an aficionado of the mystery bag, the humble schnerk, sausage to some.
I lean towards the scots square sausage slice [4 esses eh?] or that Ulster fry favourite--vegetable roll.
Whether patty or link, fried or grilled, im your man.
I even acquired the taste for the Turkish sosis, dry fried then a few eggs fried on top.
Next trip will once again be a time for the smuggling of the widows memory.:wow:

Last edited:

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Bacon
I have to be honest here and agree with you KK.Nothing comes close for a brekky than a bacon buttie.You can keep you Parrot seed and Cornflakes,Turkish breakfast!!!!!!its a salad.But the cu-de-grass has to be The Fish Finger Buttie for tea,3 Fish Fingers on soft white bread,with tomato sauce,take me now I'm in heaven.What ever you do Don't Tell the Wife,she thought I was on salad whilst she was in the Uk.
Trev.

butt007

Warren
Bacon
We got back from the UK early Sat am......and of course loaded up with bacon 5lbs, pork sausage 5 pkts and 4 pkts of proper cheddar cheese, plus 1500 bags of Asda tea, 2 tins Fray Bentos steak pudds, 2 tins corned beef, 2 tins ham, 1 tin Spam, plus 12 pkts of slow cooker spices and 3 pkts of Uncle Bens spicey rice and 4 pkts of Super Noodles, so that should last us till we go again in September, eerrr maybe should have got more hhummm!
Warren

oldfogy

Just passing through
Bacon
So are you also saying that the 'Pork Shop' doesn't sell Bacon?
Or is it just that English bacon tastes better?

For those that don't know, it has now moved over to Marina road near Mango bar.

ted j

Bacon
All this talk about bacon has made me start to feel really hungry.....Only problem is, since I had a pig valve fitted in my heart, I sort of feel like a cannibal everytime I eat a bacon butty...and daren't even look at a bottle of HP sauce without filling up

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Bacon
We got back from the UK early Sat am......and of course loaded up with bacon 5lbs, pork sausage 5 pkts and 4 pkts of proper cheddar cheese, plus 1500 bags of Asda tea, 2 tins Fray Bentos steak pudds, 2 tins corned beef, 2 tins ham, 1 tin Spam, plus 12 pkts of slow cooker spices and 3 pkts of Uncle Bens spicey rice and 4 pkts of Super Noodles, so that should last us till we go again in September, eerrr maybe should have got more hhummm!
Warren

Warren,I hate you with a vengence and am on my way to burgle you house.
Trev.

ted j

Bacon
You might be able to help with this Pete
Kath has stopped eating eggs in the UK because they go straight through her
Yet in Turkey she is fine, is it the grain or something?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom