mike dj

Back to the uk
Bob you asked me to start a new thread about why you want to go back to the U.K. or not ,all I can say is I do not want to go back I am happy in Turkey . Mike .

maggie

Back to the uk
I dont want to go back to live, but the occasional visit is okay just to eat all the things I miss and cant buy over here.

Hugs Maggie xx

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Back to the uk
Turkey is a well laid back place to wallow the hours away if you know that your secure.Since my circumstances does not allow me to spend the rest of my days here,then l have to think of other alternatives to making a living.l have my sights on England to start all over again as a self employed gardener or any other occupation that will be suitable for me.

England is one of the most beautiful countries l have ever lived in.With it’s rich heritage and quaint villages with little tea gardens is tranquil.The English climate is also the ideal conditions for growing plants and landscaping an area.

But unfortunately,the English way of life and it’s culture is being eroded by a power that is not in sequence with the British way of life.This is my concern.l love the country,but l do not love the one’s in power.

Back to the uk
Come on Bob england with quaint little villages and tea gardens!its like Ireland with donkey and carts,pubs with everyone singing round the log fires if it wasent for the tourists they would not be there!

turkey is a great place but has it draw backs like every were else, but you dont have to stay some where you dont like,the world is your oyster never thought I would be here now doing what I'm doing at fifty,and loving it but if it all goes wrong I can always go back...Jim.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Back to the uk
As Pash says, it's all about balance. The ideal for me is wallowing in the heat of summer in Turkey and the 6 months of winter spent in a warm central heated, properly insulated cottage here in the UK.

Pete

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Back to the uk
Come on Bob england with quaint little villages and tea gardens!its like Ireland with donkey and carts,pubs with everyone singing round the log fires if it wasent for the tourists they would not be there!

turkey is a great place but has it draw backs like every were else, but you dont have to stay some where you dont like,the world is your oyster never thought I would be here now doing what I'm doing at fifty,and loving it but if it all goes wrong I can always go back...Jim.

The amount of times l have heard that,"you can always go back".l am not in a position to go back,because of the commitments l have here.

l have a house l need to sell,before l can even consider the move back.The dog will come with me back to England,so that has to be sorted as well.

l had a very bad experience here that has left me no alternative but to start all over again.l don't know your circumstances,but l wish every one that wishes to spend their lives here in Turkey, all the best.

But their are some here that have been victims of corruption and now find life can be insecure.

Back to the uk
I was not talking about you going back Bob I was talking about people in general,it is all up to the individual were they choose to live.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Back to the uk
We dont want to go back - mind you am tempted in this heat - but will get over that.

Summertime

Golden Girls
Back to the uk
Well, I have to disagree, I live in Norway, and would not wish to live some other place. I love my country very much. I just bought for holiday, and hope I will stay well so I can use my holidayhome in the sun. When I am in Turkey, then I realise how good Norway is, and how wellregulatuted and wellorganized it is. Everybody are welcome to us, to live there permanent.
I would never live in Turkey or some other country for fulltime. Norway is my home.
Bob, you are very much welcome to live and stay in Norway, not very much different to UK, I lived there for many years ago.

Last edited:
Back to the uk
Turkey is a well laid back place to wallow the hours away if you know that your secure.Since my circumstances does not allow me to spend the rest of my days here,then l have to think of other alternatives to making a living.l have my sights on England to start all over again as a self employed gardener or any other occupation that will be suitable for me.

England is one of the most beautiful countries l have ever lived in.With it’s rich heritage and quaint villages with little tea gardens is tranquil.The English climate is also the ideal conditions for growing plants and landscaping an area.

But unfortunately,the English way of life and it’s culture is being eroded by a power that is not in sequence with the British way of life.This is my concern.l love the country,but l do not love the one’s in power.

In the present economic climate I would have thought getting a job would be nigh on impossible in the UK, but good luck to you if you do go back to the UK as you were talking about doing earlier this year.

Sue

Back to the uk
"...England is one of the most beautiful countries l have ever lived in.With it’s rich heritage and quaint villages with little tea gardens is tranquil..."

I seen this England, it's either for the wealthy, or as portrayed in American films.

ukizook

Back to the uk
Bob, you are very much welcome to live and stay in Norway, not very much different to UK, I lived there for many years ago.

Would he be allowed to get a free house and have all of his bills paid like people who move to the UK do?
I know Bob can't just go back to the UK and get looked after [ He's a British citizen afterall and would have to get to the back of the queue ] But maybe if Norway does indeed offer free food and lodgings then Bob may be moving north.

Back to the uk
I seen this England, it's either for the wealthy, or as portrayed in American films.[/quote]

Oh Mel
Thats a bit cynical and I disagree completely.
How can people talk about England like that!!
Bob,s comment is very true.
Tykatem and Pash have the right idea with a bit of both.
I am really sorry that you hate the place so much.

Last edited:
Back to the uk
Terry, it is just MY opinion.
How can some people talk about England like this?
Easy...read the papers and look around you.
Just as some people are sick of Turkey (due to the property con-tricks) I am sick to death of the U.K for many other reasons.
I could give you a long list why; but I'm not going to start a debate on it.
I just dislike the place...let's leave it at that.

Mel.

JET

Back to the uk
This could be a good time to reflect that, in my view, subjects in the Forum are beginning to
become distorted away from what I understand is the construction of the Forum, Turkish Living.

Recently, the subjects/Threads, begin to drift alarmingly away from the subject toward personal
conflict, which appear to be designed to embarrass and contest the policy makers. Some members
have certainly lost the spirit and aims of the Forum.

I arrived here at the Forum to gain knowledge of Turkish Living from those pioneers who travelled
this road afore me. Not to enter into a defence of my reasons for not totally selling up in the UK
to acquire residential status, or being identified as a prat `Tourist`. I am an AngloScot
(born Liverpool). Love (Ian) (Scotland) (Liverpool) and love Turkey; hope I got them in the right
order and desperate to see more of this lovely country.

Come on Guys (male and female) let`s just enjoy this fabulous facility and compliment the reasons
for its construction by using it they way it was intended.

XXX

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Back to the uk
Everyone has their own views on why they either want to stay in Turkey or move back to Britain.l love the landscape of Turkey and the more laid back life of the area l’m living in.And would be quite happy to stay.

Because of the deceptive mentality from the swindlers have altered my thoughts of staying here,and l need to go back to Britain to start again,unless circumstances do change for me here.The area l came from does have quaint little tea shops with outstanding views while having scones and tea with tranquil picture postcard villages.l know Britain does have it’s eyesores with crime flourishing in area’s that are a danger to the public,but the many places are beautiful.And l do understand the members here why they never want to go back to Britain,since theirs lives have changed for the better.l need to if l want an income to live.

Selling my apartment was a great help,but not enough to sustain a liveable income.But if l did get the price l was asking for or a little less.l would have been in a better position to stay.l'm in no hurry at the moment to sell my house here in Akbuk,but if the opportunity does come to sell,l'll take it and move back to start all over again.

That's life and l need to move on and think positive

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Back to the uk
Hi Bob Have you ever thought of Landscape Gardening in Turkey as a Buisness . I.m sure many members on here plus lots of other people would like nice gardens in Turkey . I've Seen expensive villas with gardens that look like a bomb site . AH i hear you say = Work Permit ! Well as you no my Husband is Turkish we could do with starting a little buisness And i have every confidance in your ability And hubby would work his heart out . I no you can't do any job that a Turk can do But apart from city gardens I've not seen real landscapeing for private indivuals . I have Faith and wouldn't mind investing in the pair of you Diane

PS Theres nothing wrong with UK except its Goverment It is Beutiful Especialy the Villages of Norfolk . Buckinghamshire Devon & cornwall Ect Some people don't look around thier own country I lived on the Ilse of Skye for a Time no better scenary in the world Than the Highlands & islands .

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom