Mag

Back home again
Just returned today from our first winter week in Turgutreis. Weather was very pleasant and had a very relaxing time. Most of the tourist area closed down for the season, but still enough places open to enjoy a nice meal out. Lovely orange crops on the trees lining the main street, and smell of wood burning to heat buildings was really nice too. Only disappointment was that market was'nt on this week.
Finished off with a stay in the Titanic Port hotel in Istanbul..very recommendable, and took in a tour of Topakai Palace, Blue Mosque and Taskim square..and bent the credit card in a few of the fab shops in Istanbul!
Once again could'nt fault Turkish Airlines. Ourselves, and a few other people missed our connection on way out between Istanbul and Bodrum and they looked after us very well by putting us up in an hotel, provided meals and put us on first flight next morning. Roll on summer for our next visit!!

lynnmcl

Back home again
Glad you enjoyed Margaret, did you get to catch up with Gail whilst you were over?
Happy new year to you & the family ; ) x

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Back home again
Lucky you Mag, a week away from this freezing cold weather, can't wait to go back to Tutgutreis. We have booked our flights with Turkish Airlines from Dublin for our summer hols. If you missed you connection was your flight delayed?
Glad to hear they took good care of you.

Maura

Gail

Back home again
Hi Mags, sorry we didn't get a chance to get together but glad you enjoyed yourself. Our last lot went back 3 January and both Gary and I are absolutely cream crackered, sore throats, cold we have just realised we can't keep up with the kids :eek:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Back home again
Hi MAG ..were you the lady who asked about The Titanic Port Hotel befor christmas ..
What did you think of the Hotel ???? .............Diane

Mag

Back home again
Diane,

Great hotel..we really enjoyed it. Great location too beside 2 big shopping centres, and only 15 mins from airport. Just thought the food could be a little better. Gail, I know, the week just flew in, but we must arrange a get together again in summer.
Maura, they normally hold the connecting flight. We were delayed going out from Dublin but also got delayed at visa, so about 5 missed the flight, but as I said we were well look after.
Lynn, thanks for the good wishes. Hope you have lots of nice holidays in Turkey this year!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom