perrymanku

Baby products from Migros in SIDE
Hi all,

We are going to Side next Tuesday and will be popping into the Migros there. Can anyone please advise what baby products they do. Do they do nappies and wipes etc. I have twins so don't want to be lugging loads of baggage. If i can get all their.

They are on normal milk and food so just the wipes and nappies. Hope they do Pampers. If anyone knows please email me or respond to this message.

Thanks
PErry

Last edited by a moderator:

angiesco

Re: Baby products form Migros in SIDE

Hi Perry

No need to over load your suitcase, there are Pampers here branded as Prima and they are exactly the same as in the UK. Also there are plenty of wet wipes to choose from too. Nappies and wipes are all very reasonably priced too.

have a nice holiday

Angie.

perrymanku

Hi Angie,

thanks for response. I was panicking. I also have two other children and although we have an allowance of 80kg for us 4 I also managed to get the additional 10kg each for the twins. But we don't want loads and loads of bags. Do the nappies come in different sizes like they do here ? ALso can I get the usual baby type snacks, biscuits. My eldest children are adamant on having ribena lol do they have that sort of drink ? What about washing powder and fabric softener, it prob is available but what is it like ?

At least I don't have to carry bags and bags of nappies. What are thy like with baggage allowance. We are flying Thomas Cook. How are they at Antalya airport ?

Perry

Dont bother carrying loads of baby toiletries either. Things like Johnsons baby shampoo etc are actually cheaper in the supermarkets here than in the UK.

angiesco

Hi Perry, that is good you got the extra allowance for the twins. Every little helps.

With the nappies, I think the number system is the same as the UK, the weight is written in kilos, so maybe worth knowing what your little ones are in kilos rather than pounds.

There is no ribena, I am afraid. Aptimil(sp) do baby juice drinks in cartons. There are also various baby meals in jars, packets that can be mixed with water, baby biscuits which can be eaten as they are or mixed with milk and cheese for breakfast. There are lots of juices available, but none of them are sugar free.

Johnnson baby products are available, but I would advise bringing a big talcum if you use it. They only sell little ones here and tend to be expensive compared to the UK(in my opinion) There are a lot of Nivea products for babies too, soap, shampoo etc. Also, Turkish brand of toiletries too for babies, Dalin, is the only one that comes to mind. If you use Sudocrem, then bring that, it is available here but hard to find and expensive.

Calpol is available at the chemist and Calgel too, probably cheaper than the Uk.

Washing powder and softner are easily available with some really nice softers( ı think ı have tried them all) Also some are aimed at baby clothes and are more sensitive-look for a baby on the packet or bottle. Yumos and Vernel are the equivilant to Comfort and Lenor. If you are hand washing a brand called 'haci sakir' have a powder, again aimed for babies. It is sold in small packets.

ı hope that helps.

anything else just ask.

angiesco

I am not in Side, Perry, I am in Antalya. So probably someone in Side will be able to tell you which supermarkets are there.

Migros is always a good bet though, it has plenty of choice and is reasonably priced.

Angie.

perrymanku

Angie,

Thanks for that. We have been to side before but you know when your mind goes blank. The main thing is nappies. I presume they sell the regular fizzy drinks coke/lemonade etc.

I guess Migros will sell everything you can get here but under different brands.

You have been such a great help Angie.

Thanks you

angiesco

No problem Perry, glad to help.

I know what you mean, my mind goes blank very often!!!

If your older ones like Ribena then they might like cherry juice, just a thought. plenty of cartoned fruit juices for them and coke, fanta and sprite too.

I have an 8(nearly 9!) year old and a 4 year old who have been brought up here. So, I am aware of all that is going throught your mind just now. Travelling with little ones is never easy but an adventure. As mothers, our minds race forward to all the practicallties involved in going on holiday.

I would also suggest for you not to bring your own shampoo products etc, they just take up extra space and there are plenty of products here. Though, I think it is best to bring your preffered sun cream from the UK. If you do buy any suncream in Turkey, then by a well know brand to you and check the expiry date. I was using Coppertone for us and I got that from the chemist here as my little one is allgergic to Ambre Solaire. This year we are trying SebaMed, as she has sensitive skin, am hoping she won't react to that.

Have a great holiday, it is certainly heating up this week.

Angie.

lemmy

Hi Perry - where in Side are you staying?

As mentioned above most of the branded products you would be looking for are available in Migros and we have found that there can be differences between the Side Migros and the one in Manavgat.

The other supermarkets like SOK (which is also Migros), BIM and A-101 also sell nappies, wipes, shampoo, petroleum jelly etc. but apart from SOK these tend to not be branded. We have found them to be very good despite not being branded and people who do not have transport may find it easier to access one of these stores.

We noticed on our last visit that a lot of the small independent supermarkets not also stock branded baby products but these tended to be a good bit more expensive.

There are other large supermarkets in Manavgat but we did not find them to be any/much better than Migros.

Hope you have a great holiday and that the kids let you have a chance to relax.

perrymanku

HI WE are staying at the Arum apartments fab place well i think i have all my answers....MIGROS it is then. and lighter bags from the uk.

What are antaly airport like when checking in to come back to uk, are they strict on bags ?

Perry

angiesco

To be honest Perry, when I leave Antaya, I have very little luggage, just empty suitcases inside each other for the dreaded return! Then they hit me.

Thomas Cook, I think, generally, do take the excess luggage to the letter. Very few of them wave the rules any more.

Antalya airport now has the no liquid rule in hand luggage in place, unless in plastic sealed bag and 100ml or less.

Angie.

perrymanku

HI WE are staying at the Arum apartments fab place well i think i have all my answers....MIGROS it is then. and lighter bags from the uk.

What are antaly airport like when checking in to come back to uk, are they strict on bags ?

Perry

perrymanku

hello,

could you please advise if cerals such as weetabix and cheerios or the equivalent are available. Cheerios are made by Nestle over here.

Thanks
PErry

angiesco

Yes Perry we have Cheerios, by Nestle. Kellogs(Ulker) Cornflakes and Special K. There are Coco Pops-3 different types. No weetabix or shredded wheat though.

Hope that helps.

Angie.

perrymanku

Hi Angie,

Thanks for that. Finally I presume you can get washing up liquid - fairy ? and the usual kitchen cleaner products such as flash or equivalent ?

Hows the weather ?

PErry

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Hi Perry

Branded versions of the washing up liquid and other cleaning products are available but as with other things the brands are sometimes called something slightly different. The Migros equivs are very good quality and the same goes for the rice (a large range of different types available) and pastas.

We generally do not have any problems finding the things we need - only thing that we have not really found to our liking is cheese.

Hope you have a great time - I wish I was going over soon.

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
I was going to say that I find it quite useful to look at the Migros leaflets online as it give an idea of what is on offer and the prices of things. There is an option to view the site in English but I find that the offers are usually not as up to date on that and the offers are not in English anyway.

Try looking from the link below and choose one of the leaflets (I usually got for the 5M leaflet as it has all the stuff from the others and saves me flicking back and fore) and flick through to get an idea of the products - you will see familiar looking products and most of these are available in the Migros at Side and Manavgat.

Migros T.A.Þ.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom