angiesco

Baby Peters mum gets 5 years.
I heard it on the news today and all I can say is I was shocked at the sentence. Justice? Not for that poor little baby. Words are beyond me.

Angie.

See Below :- the actual sentence

"The "self-centred" mother of Baby P has been jailed indefinitely for betraying her son and allowing him to die at the hands of her abusive boyfriend.

Judge Stephen Kramer said she covered up her little boy's horrific eight-month ordeal for the sake of her relationship with her sadistic boyfriend - who also raped a two-year-old girl.

He was jailed for life with a minimum of 10 years, while the mother, and lodger Jason Owen, were locked up indefinitely for the protection of children.

Old Bailey Judge Stephen Kramer said both Baby Peter's mother and Owens would be jailed indefinitely until "deemed no longer to be a risk to the public and in particular to small children".

The mother, 27, was told she must serve at least five years in jail and Owen, 37, of Bromley, Kent, at least three years."

Last edited:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
The boyfriend was also convicted of raping a 2 year old girl - just 10 years for both horrific crimes. it beggars belief, he should be locked up for life. I cannot put into words the disgust and anger I feel over this whole affair.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
It is hard to describe what these three are, animals don't stoop this low, I agree with Martyn, lock them up throw away the key and leave them to die, those poor unfortunate children, one whose life is no more and one who will be scarred for the rest of her life.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
It is hard to describe what these three are, animals don't stoop this low, I agree with Martyn, lock them up throw away the key and leave them to die, those poor unfortunate children, one whose life is no more and one who will be scarred for the rest of her life.

If ever there was a crime that called for being stoned to death, surely this is it.

margaret

There are soo many people that cannot have children in this world and scum like that should be sterilised. They should be put on an island on their own to rot with no facilities at all.

jax67

I will explain what the sentence 'indefinitely' means in relation to a prison sentence such as what the mother in this case got.

It basically means that she has received a sentence of 'Indeterminate for the Public Protection'. It means that the Judge thinks that she is a danger. (Although I think we know that).
She may never be released from prison.
After 5 years she can apply for parole which currently takes abut 12 months to process.
Then she has to convince members of the parole board that she is no longer a danger (which is very difficult to do). If she fails in this parole application then she has to wait a period of time before she can apply again.
People who are sentenced in this way are very often in prison for a lengthy period of time.

If the Judge had given her 12 years like her boyfriend, she would only serve half the sentence, which obviously means she will be out in 6 years.
With the indeterminate sentence, they do not have to release her at all, until she has proved that she is no longer a danger, and that is very difficult to do.

I don't think we will see this woman released from prison for a very long time.

Jackie

Martyn

I will explain what the sentence 'indefinitely' means in relation to a prison sentence such as what the mother in this case got.

It basically means that she has received a sentence of 'Indeterminate for the Public Protection'. It means that the Judge thinks that she is a danger. (Although I think we know that).
She may never be released from prison.
After 5 years she can apply for parole which currently takes abut 12 months to process.
Then she has to convince members of the parole board that she is no longer a danger (which is very difficult to do). If she fails in this parole application then she has to wait a period of time before she can apply again.
People who are sentenced in this way are very often in prison for a lengthy period of time.

If the Judge had given her 12 years like her boyfriend, she would only serve half the sentence, which obviously means she will be out in 6 years.
With the indeterminate sentence, they do not have to release her at all, until she has proved that she is no longer a danger, and that is very difficult to do.

I don't think we will see this woman released from prison for a very long time.

Jackie

Thanks for the explanation. I think people need to see something more tangible and don't need to know the legal stuff. Something like 25 years, no remission or parole would be more meaningful.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Disgraceful - should be locked away for ever for what they did to that poor innocent baby

Top Bottom