SAMIMI

Babsgood
Does anyone know if Babsgood and her husband have returned to the UK.
They sold up in the UK about 3 years ago and retired happily to Turgutreis.

Babsgood mentioned on another thread about their having to return to the UK recently for urgent cancer treatment for her husband. They were both in shock.

I just wanted to say that when we first arrived here in March, they took the trouble to meet us and introduce us to their friends. They are such a lovely, helpful couple, they gave us lots of advice and helpful tips.

I hope and pray that everything will go well for them and that they will again return to their lovely home here in Turkey.

pebble

Babsgood
I have been corresponding with her. my prayers and thoughts go out to her and her husband

Gail

Babsgood
Babsgood is still here in Turgutreis but her husband has gone back for treatment. They are both in shock and my heart goes out to them. The only thing we can do now is be there for her if she needs anything, she is a strong girl and has lots of support, they have got a long struggle ahead of them but if anybody can get through this, these two can. I can only imagine how they must be feeling but Pebble you know first hand. I am thinking of you all.

pebble

Babsgood
Gail, thanks for the update. Im glad you are there for her. You have a good heart.

Gail

Babsgood
Pebble I haven't seen her just corresponded like yourself but have told her that Gary and I are here if she needs us, the last thing I want to do is intrude, she has a big group of friends who I am sure are looking out for her every day.

Babsgood
At least you care Gail and thats really something.

I think Cancer apparently affects 1 in every 3 people and its a serious problem with much ongoing research into treatments and cures leading to remission or complete rehabilitation.
It affects people in every family alive in some way and the latest drug discovery which reduces prostate tumours in men is one step towards the complete cure of all types of this dreaded C that blights our lives and dreams.

Like Gail said,this kind of news is devastating to friends and family too as well as the person themselves.

Pass on my best wishes to Babsgood and hubbie for every success in his fight.

Last edited:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Babsgood
Hi guys. yes I am still here as at the moment, Mark saw the doctor on Tuesday and he has to have a bone marrow aspiration on Friday to determine the exact stage of the lymphoma then he sees the consultant on Wednesday with a view to chemo starting ASAP. he is very positive and mentally strong and I hope he continues to be so. I am staying here at the moment and Mark is with his daughter, I know it sounds odd that I am not there with him but there are some good reasons why I'm not and it was a joint decision however too complicated and personal to go into on here. my sister is here at the moment and so I am OK, and yes my friends are making sure that I am OK

Samimi thanks for your kind words hopefully I will catch up with you both soon

Pebble thanks for your thoughts and prayers, and I am sure that your treatment will be successful, a positive mind is a great thing

Gail I know you and gary will be there if I need anything

Babsgood
Babsgood, I'm sorry to hear your husband is ill my thoughts are with you I hope he makes a full recovery and is back with you asap.

pebble

Babsgood
Dear Babs, during these hard times, just draw on the support of your friends and family and it seems your network is in Bodrum so of course you would stay there,. Mark seems to be in good hands with his daughter, and is being taken care of. You concentrate on yourself, as you are strong, you will be strong for Mark. You have to remember yourself. Oftentimes, the caretakers are the ones that are the forgotten victims, and let me tell you, you wont be any good to anyone let alone yourself if you loose yourself in the enormity of things (easy to do) so take time for yourself, in the long run you will thank yourself for being able to see clearly enough to take care of yourself. Enjoy as much of the summer as you can, make memories that will carry you thru.

Hang in there, keep social, and keep positive.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom