pldouglas

Awful flooding in UK
Have just heard the radio news that there is awful flooding in parts of the UK especially Cumbria.
Hope everyone is okay, can't think of worse than flood or fire.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Awful flooding in UK
Here in the North West Fylde Coast we have been very lucky, but some roads are closed due to floods, but thankfully no personal damages. The Penrith area is very bad, schools are closed etc; hope that there are no casualties up there. It is still raining here and very very windy too.

arrian

R.I.P
Awful flooding in UK
here in bolton it's still windy, but not raining at the moment. up to 10 feet of water in cockermouth. must be really scary, especially for elderly, disabled and with young children. hope they get all the help needed.

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
Awful flooding in UK
Yeah it's not good at the minute!!
A bridge has collapsed in Workington and a police officer who was on it is now missing.
Police and RAF crews have been searching the area for about 4 hours now

Allan

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Awful flooding in UK
just looked at sky news and there are now 11 people missing, how awful, I hope that they are all found safe and well and that the emergency services can safely help all those stranded

pldouglas

Awful flooding in UK
I have friends who once had hurricane, flood and fire all in 48 hours in the UK!
This was 20 odd years ago when we had the awful hurricane, they had to shelter in the back of thier shop until it was over. The next morning the sea levels rose and shoved all the drains back up into the seafront properties, flooding everything including thier antique shop. They started the clean up and lit the log burner at the back of the shop to try and dry things out then went to the local pub for some well earned lunch - and while they were having lunch a wet curtain slipped onto the log burner and set the building alight.
They live in France now - which is hardly surprising after that lot!

GnD

Awful flooding in UK
Have news on waiting to hear Great news that the Policeman is found safe and well.

Good luck to all and a hero's Thank You to all those amazing Police and Army supporting and rescuing. Horrendous on the news really emotional stuff.

arrian

R.I.P
Awful flooding in UK
Have news on waiting to hear Great news that the Policeman is found safe and well.

Good luck to all and a hero's Thank You to all those amazing Police and Army supporting and rescuing. Horrendous on the news really emotional stuff.

got bbc news on, 1.00pm. they are still looking for the policeman who was swept away.

they have now just said a body has been found, but no information given.

Last edited:

GnD

Awful flooding in UK
Yes have just seen.

He was looking forward to his birthday tomorrow!!

My heart, prayers and wishes goes out to his family and friends who in time can comfort their grief a little with the knowledge of his bravery.

AWFUL

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Awful flooding in UK
Sadly, it has been confirmed that the body found was that of the 44 year old Policeman, for this to happen is such a tragedy for his family and friends. We all know and respect that the weather and the tide can be very cruel. The rainfall yesterday in the Cumbria region has exceeded all records since they began.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Awful flooding in UK
To serve the community, what a hero, his family and colleagues however saddened, must be so proud. For all those who serve so selflessly, we are forever in your debt.

Steve.

hijo

in my own clique
Awful flooding in UK
..in todays news ..the prime minister pledges 1 million pounds for the flood victims in the uk, don,t think that will go far from the floods i have seen on the news..i am amazed when simliar disasters happen in different countries..britain gives ..countless MILLIONS .....:dooh:and what about the other countries ..don,t see them puting their hands in there pockets to help the uk..

arrian

R.I.P
Awful flooding in UK
..in todays news ..the prime minister pledges 1 million pounds for the flood victims in the uk, don,t think that will go far from the floods i have seen on the news..i am amazed when simliar disasters happen in different countries..britain gives ..countless MILLIONS .....:dooh:and what about the other countries ..don,t see them puting their hands in there pockets to help the uk..

i understood this to be an extra £1 million, could be wrong tho'

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Awful flooding in UK

Was just thinking that.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom